Im thinking of starting a business

And this if for TM since she doesn't seem to even understand what supply side economics even refers to.

Supply-Side Economics: The Concise Encyclopedia of Economics | Library of Economics and Liberty

“Supply-side economics” is also used to describe how changes in marginal tax rates influence economic activity. Supply-side economists believe that high marginal tax rates strongly discourage income, output, and the efficiency of resource use. In recent years, this latter use of the term has become the more common of the two and is thus the focus of this article.

from your link.

Right now the republicans are saying CEOs will hire if we give them YET MORE tax cuts.

Why would they hire without there being a demand fore their product?

the answer is they wouldnt.

They will only pocket the tax cuts until there is enough demand for them to warrent spending on more employees so they can make more proifit.

supply side doesnt work

So what does?

Are you recommending 100% tax rates on all corporate income and personal income over 250k per year?

And for the record, I am of the mindset that we need to raise taxes.

But, I would love to actually see a solution you have come up with.

Immie

Damn! Did she run away again?

Immie

“Supply-side economics” is also used to describe how changes in marginal tax rates influence economic activity. Supply-side economists believe that high marginal tax rates strongly discourage income, output, and the efficiency of resource use. In recent years, this latter use of the term has become the more common of the two and is thus the focus of this article.

from your link.

Right now the republicans are saying CEOs will hire if we give them YET MORE tax cuts.

They will only pocket the tax cuts until there is enough demand for them to warrent spending on more employees so they can make more proifit.

supply side doesnt work

So what does?

Are you recommending 100% tax rates on all corporate income and personal income over 250k per year?

And for the record, I am of the mindset that we need to raise taxes.

But, I would love to actually see a solution you have come up with.

Immie

Damn! Did she run away again?

Immie

where did I EVER say that is what I would recomend?

Why do you play these stupid games to avoid understanding people?

And this if for TM since she doesn't seem to even understand what supply side economics even refers to.

Supply-Side Economics: The Concise Encyclopedia of Economics | Library of Economics and Liberty

"from your link.

supply side doesnt work

The main focus of Republicans is not cutting taxes...it's not RAISING them. People like you, Truth are oblivious to the fact that even liberal economists like Christina Romer are declaring that increasing taxes on anyone at this point of the recovery would be bad fiscal policy.

Republicans are trying to do things that will stimulate job creation. President Obama is looking for tax increases. He's once again proving himself to be clueless when it comes to economics.

"He's once again proving himself to be clueless when it comes to economics."

And those that would disagree with that statement, would think that he is being deliberate. He's too intelligent to be clueless.

I think that one makes sense and that the other doesnt.

can you guess which one would fail and leave me in debt?

Oh..so you weren't serious.

Instead..you wanted to pull a gotcha. That's basically why you are not well liked around here.

Truth? You do truth with a lie.

And that's bullshit.

By the way...your supply side economics thing was wrong in terms of a business model.

Pet Rock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nobody "naturally" needs to buy rocks.

Fuckin owned... Too bad we don’t agree more often.

I was hoping to get some feedback from yoiu guys on what would be the more succesful business plan.

I was thinking of producing a certain product in mass quanities with a hope that the result would be because there is mass quantities people would just natrually buy the product.

My alternative plan was to offer a product in a test manner to see what the market wanted and what people would buy.

Which aaproach do you think will result in a more sustainable business?

Starting a business may not be the thing for you. It requires brains, logic and rational thinking. All way above your abilities.

Instead, you are obviously best suited to be a writer, reporter and editor for The New York Times.

TM has no higher education, she has no business and does not even have a job... We should all forget that we own a business, have a job and maybe even a higher education so that we can agree with TM...

It's no wonder TM does not agree with people that actually live and work in the real world, she has never accomplished anything where you learn some of these basic lesions in life.

Last edited:
supply side economics is insane

I knew there was political hackery in here somewhere.

Supply side economics is macroeconomic theory that makes it easier for you to run a business by removing government obstacles to production, it is not about business making products in the hope that there will be a demand. That is Obamanomics, which is why he backed Solyndra.

Instead..you wanted to pull a gotcha. That's basically why you are not well liked around here.

And that's bullshit.

By the way...your supply side economics thing was wrong in terms of a business model.

It is bad when the trolls start calling you for trolling.

And that's bullshit.

Did they buy it because there was alot of them or because it was a great new gag gift?

BTW the producer of that product did NOT produce millions and then hope they sold.

they upped production with demand

They upped production?

They picked the rocks up off the ground. They started with a supply of trillions, not a small supply that had to be increased to meet demand. They created the demand to sell something you could find in your backyard. I know farmers that would pay you to go pick up rocks right now.

Did they buy it because there was alot of them or because it was a great new gag gift?

To the extend that their quantity was able to produce each unit at a lower cost - yes.

BTW the producer of that product did NOT produce millions and then hope they sold.

they upped production with demand
Of course they did. Millions is an awful lot to produce all at once.

Not when we are talking about rocks.

Go with your alternative plan. Mass producing shit on a stick won't create a demand for shit on a stick. You have to produce a product people actually want.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised that you want to jump on the evil capitalist bandwagon and exploit the little people.

Thank you for going on record that supply side economics is bullshit

Can you give us a list of companies that started up by mass producing a product expecting it to create a demand? Methinks you are bending your "facts" just a wee bit.

Apple.

Forum List

Back