I'm OK in paying 4/10ths of 1 penny in order to secure aluminum manufacturing in the USA!

Wow... so that means..0.0017% and again that's if the aluminum comes from a foreign source.

You were saying???

Take aluminum wire, 750 MCM which goes for $2.67 a foot, the tariff would add about 5% to the cost, which is about what the state collects in sales tax. If you use aluminum heavy products, it's like doubling the sales tax.

EVERYTHING this incompetent president does is bad for America and our citizens see it which why he’s the lowest rated president in history

So it is "BAD" to keep the steel and aluminum industry in the USA?
Yea.. right let's assume there is a conflict with China...and how much steel do we get from China...? Fact 25%?
You think they will continue to sell steel to USA at current prices?
I think you don't have any idea of the greater implications here.
Plus do you know how long it takes to build a steel mill?
How much steel do we import from China? It's complicated.
Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 2.28.11 PM.png

All these people again getting excited about what... a way to increase taxes while at the same time preserving the aluminum industry in the USA... all by my paying $0.004 per aluminum can.

In 2001, Americans bought 351 aluminum beverage cans per person, twice as many as in 1980.
Facts

a 10% tax on aluminum would cost $347.7 million tax on beverages served in cans
http://fortune.com/2018/03/02/beer-prices-aluminum-tarrif

Divide 80.7 billion cans into $347.7 million is $0.004 per can... I can afford that to save the aluminum industry!
Yet that is wholesale, you will be charged retail...
YUP you are right! Forgot about that... Let's see they raise the price how much then to cover the costs... say can manufacturer price, distributor, retailer... hmmm say raise 50%...
yup I don't know if I can afford 8/10ths of one cent!
Cans don't cost much anyway...plastic is more popular anywhey since bottled water is the number one drink...

President Trump's steel tariff could cost Ford and General Motors $1 billion a year.
That's the hit each company could take if the tariff translates into a similar increase in steel prices, according to a Goldman Sachs (GS) analysis. Trump has proposed a 25% tariff on imported steel, along with a 10% tariff on aluminum.

$1 billion represents 12% of Ford's profit last year and 7% of GM's, the analysis said.

The American International Automobile Dealers Association, which was formed to advocate free trade, said car prices could go up "substantially." The group also warned that retaliatory tariffs from other countries could drive up the price of US goods in general.

sure RW idiots are ok with that - thats why they're idiots. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

All these people again getting excited about what... a way to increase taxes while at the same time preserving the aluminum industry in the USA... all by my paying $0.004 per aluminum can.

In 2001, Americans bought 351 aluminum beverage cans per person, twice as many as in 1980.
Facts

Divide 80.7 billion cans into $347.7 million is $0.004 per can... I can afford that to save the aluminum industry!
YUP you are right! Forgot about that... Let's see they raise the price how much then to cover the costs... say can manufacturer price, distributor, retailer... hmmm say raise 50%...
Cans don't cost much anyway...plastic is more popular anywhey since bottled water is the number one drink...

Don't disagree with you... hence the issue seems moot doesn't it?

Facts

Don't disagree with you... hence the issue seems moot doesn't it?
Well yes and no since the US doesn't produce hardly any chromium ...

Wow... so that means..0.0017% and again that's if the aluminum comes from a foreign source.

You were saying???

Take aluminum wire, 750 MCM which goes for $2.67 a foot, the tariff would add about 5% to the cost, which is about what the state collects in sales tax. If you use aluminum heavy products, it's like doubling the sales tax.

Good point. Which means should buy more from American aluminum manufacturers!

Good point. Which means should buy more from American aluminum manufacturers!

Why doesn't Tump do the same for his ties, or shirts, or most of his clothing line. Ivanka too. They're still made in asia, giving new meaning to M.A.G.A.

Yeah, Trump sure has the usual suspect Globalist wankers in a tizzy. Make no mistake about it, the folks whining about this, are the same folks who negotiated the numerous trade deals that completely screwed American Workers.

And shame on so-called 'Worker Unions' who've dutifully supported Democrat Globalists who threw American Workers overboard years ago. They're the biggest dishonest hypocrites of em all. I hope Trump continues to stick it to the Globalists. Good on em. :thup:

Facts

What will the cost increase on a combine be for a farmer?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Let's say the combine costs $400,000, and it wieghs 4 tons. Steel costs about $500/ton. That means the total cost increase will be $500 dollars. That's a 0.125% increase in the price.

TractorHouse.com | JOHN DEERE S680 For Sale - 1466 Listings - Page 1.

Last edited:
Yeah, Trump sure has the usual suspect Globalist wankers in a tizzy. Make no mistake about it, the folks whining about this, are the same folks who negotiated the numerous trade deals that completely screwed American Workers.

And shame on so-called 'Worker Unions' who've dutifully supported Democrat Globalists who threw American Workers overboard years ago. They're the biggest dishonest hypocrites of em all. I hope Trump continues to stick it to the Globalists. Good on em. :thup:
Wow, another so smart Trumpette willing to forego the market of billions of people to gain a better share of the US's 320 million people.

Facts

Let's say the combine costs $400,000, and it wieghs 4 tons. Steel costs about $500/ton. That means the total cost increase will be $500 dollars. That's a 0.125% increase in the price.

TractorHouse.com | JOHN DEERE S680 For Sale - 1466 Listings - Page 1.

So add that to the price of a new combine..
Expect to pay somewhere between $330,000 and $500,000 if you're buying new and paying list price.

Very easy to use the Internet to find out THE FACTS!!!!!

The list price for new Case IH combines range from $330,000 to $487,000, and that's for base models with no add-ons, said Greg Stierwalt, a sales representative for Birkey's in Urbana.
How much is that combine in the window?

Sheet steel, the main raw material used in manufacturing combines, is delivered to the manufacturing plant in massive rolls, 48 inches (121.92 centimeters) wide and weighing up to 12,000 pounds (5,448 kilograms) 6 tons.
: How combine is made - material, production process, making, used, parts, components, machine
How much does steel cost a manufacturer?
galvanized steel price perton galvanized steel coil z275 US $300-600 / Ton
Steel Price Per Ton, Steel Price Per Ton Suppliers and Manufacturers at Alibaba.com

So the combine uses 6 tons at $600 or $3,600 PLUS 25% tariff (IF foreign steel used!) Is total of $4,500... hmmm

$487,000 divided by $4,500 is what??? hmmm 0.009% wow... again that extra $4,500 really adds to the cost doesn't it???
So what was your unsubstantiated GUESS that the TARIFF IF foreign steel was purchased going to be?

Facts

Since you and of course this ignorant president doesn’t know a damn thing about history...
you’re missing one of the causes of the Great Depression which was the same type of tariff policy dipshit is going to put on.
Most of scumbag’s advisors are totally against it. Of course he’s never listen to experienced voices, he thinks his lack of experience and ignorance knows better.

This moron president continues to ruin this country every single day.

So you have NO problem with a tariff on American goods shipped overseas but when steel/aluminum,etc. by a foreign country but when it comes from foreign countries there are no tariffs that's OK? Do you understand that?

A Jeep Wrangler can cost $30,000 more in China than in the United States — and the reasons illustrate a growing point of tension between the two countries.

Manufactured in Toledo, Ohio, the Wrangler is a descendant of the jeeps that were used by American forces in World War II. Equipped with a 3.6-liter engine and a five-speed automatic transmission, the Rubicon edition of the Wrangler has a suggested retail price of $40,530 in the United States.

But in China, the same vehicle would set a buyer back by a hefty $71,000, mostly because of taxes that Beijing charges on every car, minivan and sport utility vehicle that is made in another country and brought to China’s shores.
China’s Taxes on Imported Cars Feed Trade Tensions With U.S.

Do you understand? A car manufactured in the USA cost nearly double due to China's tax on automobile imports from the USA.

Or solar panels.
On Monday afternoon, the US Trade Representative, the agency that oversees the country’s trade policy, announced that the US is imposing 30 percent tariffs, or border taxes, on imported solar panels. Since most of the solar panels in the US come from Chinathe world’s leader in solar power production — the move is a pointed jab at Beijing.
Donald Trump has finally dealt his first blow to China’s economy

NOW guess what the tax on solar panels built in the USA will cost? ZERO! ZILCH! NADA!
Do you comprehend what has happened in the past?
Naturally with slave labor, steel plants, NO UNIONS!!! What f...k do you think happens then to solar panel builders here in the USA do?
Go out of business! Dummies like you et.al. really never comprehended that the USA with NAFTA etc, was destroying the USA economy while building China,et.al.!
We were paying them to charge US!

How dumb!

Wow, another so smart Trumpette willing to forego the market of billions of people to gain a better share of the US's 320 million people.

To hell with Globalists. They don't care about American Citizens. That's reflected in their numerous terrible trade deals. I support Trump 100%. :thup:

Facts

can't you do math? if a car is 175 more on a 35,000 car, then multiply the 175 by the difference of the combine to the car. what you think, let's say worst case 1000 bucks at most so instead of 110k its 111k? ewwwwww

Facts

Since you and of course this ignorant president doesn’t know a damn thing about history...
you’re missing one of the causes of the Great Depression which was the same type of tariff policy dipshit is going to put on.
Most of scumbag’s advisors are totally against it. Of course he’s never listen to experienced voices, he thinks his lack of experience and ignorance knows better.

This moron president continues to ruin this country every single day.
The Great Depression was caused by over investing overseas in an era where technology did not enable an investor to know when their investment was being stolen.

Forum List

Back