Im not blaming Trump because the notional value of my shares has fallen.

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
This seems to be a sensitive issue for him and I guess it is because he wants a strong stock market to tak into the election.

But the reality is no President could withstand the market sentiment following an " Act of God" like this. Reasonable folk will understand the reasons and look ahead. These things have happened before and will happen again.

My current losses stand at zero because I havent been selling so I am quite relaxed. I have bought a few odds and ends where the current price is due to mob mentality and not the virus.

This seems to be a sensitive issue for him and I guess it is because he wants a strong stock market to tak into the election.

But the reality is no President could withstand the market sentiment following an " Act of God" like this. Reasonable folk will understand the reasons and look ahead. These things have happened before and will happen again.

My current losses stand at zero because I havent been selling so I am quite relaxed. I have bought a few odds and ends where the current price is due to mob mentality and not the virus.
/——/ Coronavirus is not an Act if God. It’s a flu that has been politicized to harm Trumps economy.

Good post :113:

I sold a month ago....I knew that the bubble is way overdue. The market will sink some more.

The whole economy (US) is blown to look good. All I see is retail chains are closing in record numbers, people cant afford much....in the 20 years I have lived here i can easily say Americans are getting poorer and in some instances cant afford some basics (housing, healthcare, education) worse than some third world countries.

I sold a month ago....I knew that the bubble is way overdue. The market will sink some more.

The whole economy (US) is blown to look good. All I see is retail chains are closing in record numbers, people cant afford much....in the 20 years I have lived here i can easily say Americans are getting poorer and in some instances cant afford some basics (housing, healthcare, education) worse than some third world countries.
/—-/ Good thing you did. I was 50% cash when it tanked. I’m selling covered calls on my remaining holdings and picking up about $2,000 a week but I’ve got a long way to go to be back where I was.

/—-/ Good thing you did. I was 50% cash when it tanked. I’m selling covered calls on my remaining holdings and picking up about $2,000 a week but I’ve got a long way to go to be back where I was.
It will bounce back eventually but might take a while. But how long it will take no one knows. I will not be surprised if the numbers are manipulated (consumer spending, wages, GDP....) all I see around me, people are making less, major and small stores are closing in record numbers.

It will bounce back eventually but might take a while. But how long it will take no one knows. I will not be surprised if the numbers are manipulated (consumer spending, wages, GDP....) all I see around me, people are making less, major and small stores are closing in record numbers.
/-----/ "major and small stores are closing in record number"
Can you say AMAZON?

Can you say AMAZON?
Yes that company that pays lowers wages and pays back a little.
The virus saga is just uncovering the reality of the 3conomy, the fundamentals are weak, that's why trump keeps harassing the feds to lower interest rates.

Can you say AMAZON?
The virus saga is just uncovering the reality of the 3conomy, the fundamentals are weak, that's why trump keeps harassing the feds to lower interest rates.
/—-/ Prove Amazon pays lower wages? Lower than whom?

Can you say AMAZON?
And before Amazon it was the Walmart monster killing the neighborhood stores.

Can you say AMAZON?
/—-/ Prove Amazon pays lower wages? Lower than whom?
I know many that drove for them , they were making less than minimum wage in net profit. Let's not talk about how much taxes amazon pays.

Can you say AMAZON?
And before Amazon it was the Walmart monster killing the neighborhood stores.
/——/ And before Walmart, it was Woolworths that killed the neighborhood stores.

Forum List

Back