I'm going to do as MLK says...

This is not 1958, In fact, there was no right to counsel in the States until Gideon v Wainright 1963.

And these are the changes in the following years:

I mention this because that 1963 case put into motion extremely important cases that continued to challenge the system afterwards.
I think we know this is not 1958. It's not 1963 or 1968 either. This tired refrain from whites needs to stop. It's not 1776 or 1787 either.

Try again. This time put some thought into it.
I think that's what you might want to do because this thread is about Kings opposition to white racism.

Again. The issues that King was facing were solved by the remedies provided via the incorporation doctrine. This indicates that you are either uneducated and/or ignorant. What else do you have?
Again, I know that and it is not the point of this thread. You apparently have issues understanding this.

No. You bit off more than you can chew.
Not really. You're basically posting crap that's irrelevant to the point of this thread.

IM, if you are going to pray, then pray for God's will to be done. You may not like the answer though. He'll tell you to love, not hate...
And if you're going to talk about God seek truth instead of lying to yourself. It gets old reading a bunch of racists trying to tell someone about hate because they oppose your racism.

The Crisis in America’s Cities
Martin Luther King Jr. on what sparked the violent urban riots of the “long hot summer” of 1967
Story by Martin Luther King Jr.

A million words will be written and spoken to dissect the ghetto outbreaks, but for a perceptive and vivid expression of culpability I would submit two sentences written a century ago by Victor Hugo:

If the soul is left in darkness, sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness.
The policy makers of the white society have caused the darkness; they created discrimination; they created slums; they perpetuate unemployment, ignorance and poverty. It is incontestable and deplorable that Negroes have committed crimes; but they are derivative crimes. They are born of the greater crimes of the white society. When we ask Negroes to abide by the law, let us also declare that the white man does not abide by law in the ghettos. Day in and day out he violates welfare laws to deprive the poor of their meager allotments; he flagrantly violates building codes and regulations; his police make a mockery of law; he violates laws on equal employment and education and the provisions for civic services. The slums are the handiwork of a vicious system of the white society; Negroes live in them but do not make them any more than a prisoner makes a prison.

Let us say it boldly that if the total slum violations of law by the white man over the years were calculated and were compared with the lawbreaking of a few days of riots, the hardened criminal would be the white man.

After establishing the general cause of outbursts, it is possible to identify five immediate causes:

1. The white backlash.
  2. Unemployment.
  3. General discriminatory practices.
  4. War.
  5. Features peculiar to big cities: crime, family problems, and intensive migration.
I place the white backlash first because the outbursts have an emotional content that is a reaction to the insults and depravity of the white backlash. Many people point out that there have been years of some progress, and this is true. Yet equally true is the fact of an animalistic reaction by a significant section of the white population. In the midst of progress Negroes were being murdered in the South and cynical white jurors automatically freed the accused. In Chicago last year thousands of vicious white hoodlums with murder in their hearts bombarded Negroes with rocks and bottles because they dared to ask to be neighbors. The white backlash told Negroes that there were limits to their progress; that they must expect to remain permanently unequal and permanently poor. The white backlash said Negroes should not confuse improvements with equality. True equality, it said, will be resisted to the death. The so-called riots in a distorted and hysterical form were a Negro response that said inequality will now be resisted to the death.

"I will do as King did," some of you say. But who is this mysterious King you talk about? Steve King?

IM, if you are going to pray, then pray for God's will to be done. You may not like the answer though. He'll tell you to love, not hate...
And if you're going to talk about God seek truth instead of lying to yourself. It gets old reading a bunch of racists trying to tell someone about hate because they oppose your racism.

White is a race. You don't understand that. The white race makes up 75% of the country you live in. That you assume 75% of the people in this country are racist because they are white is an misnomer you like to use to excuse your racism.
What I said about God is the truth. His will is not your will. He isn't going to "side with you" and promote your racist agenda. He is going to tell you to love, not hate. He isn't concerned with color the way you are. He sees hearts, not skin. Be careful praying to Him. He just may soften your heart and cause you to love your fellow man instead of hating them based on their color.
Pray for His will to be done, not yours.

White is a race. You don't understand that. The white race makes up 75% of the country you live in. That you assume 75% of the people in this country are racist because they are white is an misnomer you like to use to excuse your racism.
What I said about God is the truth. His will is not your will. He isn't going to "side with you" and promote your racist agenda. He is going to tell you to love, not hate. He isn't concerned with color the way you are. He sees hearts, not skin. Be careful praying to Him. He just may soften your heart and cause you to love your fellow man instead of hating them based on their color.
Pray for His will to be done, not yours.
I understand white is a race very well. You don't seem to understand that I don't assume every white person is a racist. Now don't try instructing me as to what god says because I am not talking about whites who are racist based on their skin, but on 400 years of behavior, and that indicates what's in your heart. God is the one taking me on this journey. What you said had nothing to do with God. Maybe you pray to God to take the hate from your heart because God is a just God and that means he opposes injustice. You are here bearing false witness on my beliefs about white people based on white racist propaganda. God does not tell us to be quiet about injustice just because those practicing it might get upset and send a post to you lecturing by using gods word hoping that you ignore wrongdoing.

You have read me say on numerous occasions that not all whites are racists. So stop repeating that lie of how I assume all whites are racists. And do not EVER again call yourself preaching to me about god.

Last edited:
The rules of God does not stop with the rich or the so called privileged. There are many people who follow the rules who have not rich lives but comfortable ones. There is not much room for error with screwing up at the peasant level. Although there is justice that is needed to be meted out to those who have and are screwing others over. Opportunities exist.

This is not 1958, In fact, there was no right to counsel in the States until Gideon v Wainright 1963.

And these are the changes in the following years:

I mention this because that 1963 case put into motion extremely important cases that continued to challenge the system afterwards.
I think we know this is not 1958. It's not 1963 or 1968 either. This tired refrain from whites needs to stop. It's not 1776 or 1787 either.

Try again. This time put some thought into it.
I think that's what you might want to do because this thread is about Kings opposition to white racism.

Again. The issues that King was facing were solved by the remedies provided via the incorporation doctrine. This indicates that you are either uneducated and/or ignorant. What else do you have?
Again, I know that and it is not the point of this thread. You apparently have issues understanding this.

No. You bit off more than you can chew.
Not really. You're basically posting crap that's irrelevant to the point of this thread.

No. You wanted to fight racism in the court as Martin Luther King had done.

You don't have that currently.

Forum List

Back