Im going to a monastery as guest

I'm happy for you Svet. You look good in that picture.

I hope they dont forget me though. The Fr. who admitts guests, said I can come to a guest stay, and that he would talk to me, to show Gods way, if there is a spiritual calling for me, to become monk and priest. And that I can come to a guest stay. He then further said I should write the guest master for more details and plan for my stay. I immediately did but the guest master didnt replied yet. I hope they dont forget me. He did said I need patience though because right now because of Covid-19 they do not take guests and visitors. So I will have to wait. But Im excited. Thanks Irish Ram, it is a Irish Aran Sweater.

... I grew up running around as a kid in a huge catholic monastery in Wisconsin, like once every month to vist my two uncle's who became Catholic priest.

Let me say to you: I think Mortimer has a dangerous problem, which has nothing to do with religion. It is even possible that this man is an enemy of the holy church. Politically he seems to be without distance to a Nazi-ideology. He seems intuitivelly not to understand that a Nazi-ideology and the Catholic faith exclude each other - but likes to become on the other side a priest - or another person with influence - of the holy church. Very strange.

His personal political attitudes have on the other side absolutelly nothing to do with the monastery Heiligenkreuz in Austria.

Last edited:
I'm happy for you Svet. You look good in that picture.

I hope they dont forget me though. The Fr. who admitts guests, said I can come to a guest stay, and that he would talk to me, to show Gods way, if there is a spiritual calling for me, to become monk and priest. And that I can come to a guest stay. He then further said I should write the guest master for more details and plan for my stay. I immediately did but the guest master didnt replied yet. I hope they dont forget me. He did said I need patience though because right now because of Covid-19 they do not take guests and visitors. So I will have to wait. But Im excited. Thanks Irish Ram, it is a Irish Aran Sweater.

Mortimer, I understand that your soul tries to find harmony and peace. But something is wrong with you. Be aware that you are not able to flee yourselve - and be aware that god is everywhere - also in the place where you are now. If you hate something - if you are angry about something - if you like to flee something - speak with the people around you about your problems, which you have very concrete in your own life now. Specially speak also with critcis and not only with people, who agree with you. And be also aware: The life of a priest or monk is a hard and poor life - and anything else than psychologically comfortable.

Last edited:
Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you: seek, and you shall find: knock, and it shall be opened to you.

Mort's walk with God, is his walk. He is no ones enemy. In fact, I can see him being a comfort to many people.
He is seeking and he will find his nitch in God's plans for him.
Encourage him...

... I grew up running around as a kid in a huge catholic monastery in Wisconsin, like once every month to vist my two uncle's who became Catholic priest.

Let me say to you: I think Mortimer has a dangerous problem, which has nothing to do with religion. It is even possible that this man is an enemy of the holy church. Politically he seems to be without distance to a Nazi-ideology. He seems intuitivelly not to understand that a Nazi-ideology and the Catholic faith exclude each other - but likes to become on the other side a priest - or another person with influence - of the holy church. Very strange.

His personal political attitudes have on the other side absolutelly nothing to do with the monastery Heiligenkreuz in Austria.

I don't know Mortimer, but why would a monastery visit exacerbate his problem (even if he is Nazi-ideological)? Is it a problem of where he is going?

Apparently, one can stay at a monastery for vacation in the US -- 10 Monasteries Where You Can Spend the Night in the U.S.

"When you truly need to get away, no accommodation can promise silence and serenity like a monastery. Although certainly not for everyone, a monastic vacation can be a rewarding experience.

Many monasteries offer guest rooms at reasonable rates and some even let you choose how much to give. Before you decide to stay at a monastery, be sure to read all of the available information, since these are not traditional bed and breakfasts. For example, some monasteries observe long periods of complete silence every day. These monasteries all welcome overnight visitors."

Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you: seek, and you shall find: knock, and it shall be opened to you.

Mort's walk with God, is his walk. He is no ones enemy.

He propagated Nazi-nonsense.

In fact, I can see him being a comfort to many people.
He is seeking and he will find his nitch in God's plans for him.
Encourage him...

To do what? Not to be a liar? Not to suffer self-delusions? Not to go to hell?

I don't know Mortimer, but why would a monastery visit exacerbate his problem (even if he is Nazi-ideological)? Is it a problem of where he is going?

The Nazi-ideology and the Catholic faith exclude each other. Every former Nazi is welcome in the church, who leaves his wrong way and likes to come back to the Lord. No one is welcome, who tries to make others to Nazis by propagating nonsense, which is in a direct and deadly opposition to the essential life of the Holy Catholic Church. Specially is no one trustworthy, who has not a clear intuition about the absolute separation between the way of brutal and cruel murder of the Nazis and the way of everlasting sane and happy life of the Holy Church.

Whatever he is doing he is doing. Whatever others are doing they are doing. But I warn everyone not to play tricks with the faith in god. The Christian religion is the religion of love and life.

Last edited:
They didnt forgot me. I received yesterday a email from the "Guest Master", He wrote that right now because of Covid-19 there are no guests, but in january they will be able to give me a appointment for my stay.

I dont know when guests will be allowed again. But it seems as if I will be participating in monk life when im guest there. They said now it is impossible to do so because of Corona, that means that when Corona is over and it is allowed again, that I would be participating in monk life it seems.

because

Dear Mr. Plemic,

Unfortunately, we cannot say when a guest stay with us will be possible again. The lockdown is scheduled to end on January 24th, but that doesn't have to mean that we will be accepting guests by then. We also have to add that our choir prayer and the convent mass will continue to take place in camera for the time being after the lockdown, as we need all the space in the chapel for the confreres who, due to the current situation in larger distances. In this respect, you could only move around in the monastery courtyard and attend mass in our parish church during a stay with us. You wouldn't notice much of our monastery business.

Let's hope the situation will improve soon. The best thing to do is to contact you again at the end of January / beginning of February.

Warm greetings and God's blessing from the Heiligenkreuz Abbey

P. Leopold

Forum List

Back