I'm all for Biden's ignorant alternative energy....when all positive values of fossil fuels are duplicated by EVs...

Time has already proved the AGW position.

You’re just wasting time before posting about Hunter Biden’s dick.
Where is your proof?
But based on the following chart, the 1.53° Global warming since 1880 can be believed.
Especially when at one time the global temperature was over 90° which is considerably higher than the average temperature on Earth lies today somewhere around 57 degrees Fahrenheit (13.9 degrees Celsius). What Is Earth's Average Temperature?
Wow... so what is the problem as THERE IS MY PROOF!!!
globalwarminghistory.png

Where is your proof?
But based on the following chart, the 1.53° Global warming since 1880 can be believed.
Especially when at one time the global temperature was over 90° which is considerably higher than the average temperature on Earth lies today somewhere around 57 degrees Fahrenheit (13.9 degrees Celsius). What Is Earth's Average Temperature?
Wow... so what is the problem as THERE IS MY PROOF!!!View attachment 735227
Again what scientific organization backs your denier position?

Even after looking at your graph....

The point is not to let it get to catastrophe level fuckup.
Worldwide CO2 emissions increase each year by 1 billion tons of CO2. Which means approximately every 5 years the world adds the equivalent of what the US emits. A new USA worth of CO2 emissions every 5 years.

So when is this catastrophe going to occur?

Having grown up in a state that is "All ears"... I've learned over 78 years that all factors be they ever so minor and detailed, should BE considered.
Read how a realistic person answers a supposedly "woke" major corporation pushing their EVs.

"For those of you that think electric vehicles are the answer- this is a true story from a farmer in the Midwest- and I’m re-posting it-
A close friend farms over 10,000 acres of corn in the mid-west. The property is spread out over 3 counties. His operation is a "partnership farm" with John Deere. They use the larger farm operations as demonstration projects for promotion and development of new equipment. He recently received a phone call from his John Deere representative, and they want the farm to go to electric tractors and combines in 2023. He currently has 5 diesel combines that cost $900,000 each that are traded in every 3 years. Also, over 10 really BIG tractors.
JD wants him to go all electric soon.
He said: "Ok, I have some questions. How do I charge these combines when they are 3 counties away from the shop in the middle of a cornfield, in the middle of nowhere?" "How do I run them 24 hours a day for 10 or 12 days straight when the harvest is ready, and the weather is coming in?" "How do I get a 50,000+ lb. combine that takes up the width of an entire road back to the shop 20 miles away when the battery goes dead?"
There was dead silence on the other end of the phone.
When the corn is ready to harvest, it has to have the proper sugar and moisture content. If it is too wet, it has to be put in giant dryers that burn natural or propane gas, and lots of it. Harvest time is critical because if it degrades in sugar content or quality, it can drop the value of his crop by half a million dollars or more. It is analyzed at time of sale. It is standard procedure to run these machines 10 to 12 days straight, 24 hours a day at peak harvest time. When they need fuel, a tanker truck delivers it, and the machines keep going. John Deere's only answer is "we're working on it." They are being pushed by the lefty Dems in the government to force these electric machines on the American farmer. These people are out of control. They are messing with the production of food crops that feed people and livestock... all in the name of their "green dream."
Look for the cost of your box of cornflakes to triple in the next 24 months...”
Wake up! Stand up! Speak up!"
Can I bump your old thread since you guys are already discussing this? First of all, going to alternative sources of energy is a great idea just because it's cleaner. But it's so obviously a money saver too. I just got done watching my favorite show Mountain Men. The guy installed a wind turbine on his property. Before that he was buying, hauling and burning oil in his generator. He said this wind turbine is going to save him a fortune in time and money. He talked about how he doesn't have to make sure he's home every night anymore to turn off the generator.

And for conservatives and Republicans who don't live in big cities. Seems to me this is going to help you guys. It costs a lot to haul gas to remote areas. If we can figure out a way to give power to rural citizens via wind and solar panels.

Wind and solar. Maybe it can't start your tractor or power your saws, YET. LOL.

1702645871679.png

Can I bump your old thread since you guys are already discussing this? First of all, going to alternative sources of energy is a great idea just because it's cleaner. But it's so obviously a money saver too. I just got done watching my favorite show Mountain Men. The guy installed a wind turbine on his property. Before that he was buying, hauling and burning oil in his generator. He said this wind turbine is going to save him a fortune in time and money. He talked about how he doesn't have to make sure he's home every night anymore to turn off the generator.

And for conservatives and Republicans who don't live in big cities. Seems to me this is going to help you guys. It costs a lot to haul gas to remote areas. If we can figure out a way to give power to rural citizens via wind and solar panels.

View attachment 873457
The average U.S. household consumes about 11,000 (kWh) per year.
A 20 to 30 panel system should generate enough power to cover annual energy needs
On average, a solar panel will produce about 2 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity daily
Now I have a relative in zip code 52405, (Iowa) and from this site:
Home Solar Calculator: Get Panels Needed, Cost and Savings here are the results:
Simple question the below chart shows...
How does a household watch TV, use the internet, heat/AC the home, run microwave, during the period the household is at home?
Also this zip code will require at least 41 solar panels at 17.55 square feet /panel
or 720 sq.ft. of roof...;
Solar Panel Square Footage Calculator (Guide for Solar Sizing) - ShopSolar.com.

solarpanelIA121523.png

solargenerationIowa.png

The average U.S. household consumes about 11,000 (kWh) per year.
A 20 to 30 panel system should generate enough power to cover annual energy needs
On average, a solar panel will produce about 2 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity daily
Now I have a relative in zip code 52405, (Iowa) and from this site:
Home Solar Calculator: Get Panels Needed, Cost and Savings here are the results:
Simple question the below chart shows...
How does a household watch TV, use the internet, heat/AC the home, run microwave, during the period the household is at home?
Also this zip code will require at least 41 solar panels at 17.55 square feet /panel
or 720 sq.ft. of roof...;
Solar Panel Square Footage Calculator (Guide for Solar Sizing) - ShopSolar.com.

View attachment 873469

View attachment 873466
What is your point? I just watched Mountain Men. The one guy lives about as remote as you can get. He can pay for and haul gas to run a generator or he can install a wind turbine. He said the wind turbine is going to save him soooooooo much time and money.

Small wind turbines used in residential applications typically range in size from 400 watts to 20 kilowatts, depending on the amount of electricity you want to generate. A typical home uses approximately 10,649 kilowatt-hours of electricity per year (about 877 kilowatt-hours per month).

And maybe sometimes he needs to run the generator. But if he can power his lights and a few other things with a small wind turbine, do you think he's stupid? Do you think he should instead continue to pay for and haul gas out to the more Alaskan wilderness?

What is your point? I just watched Mountain Men. The one guy lives about as remote as you can get. He can pay for and haul gas to run a generator or he can install a wind turbine. He said the wind turbine is going to save him soooooooo much time and money.

Small wind turbines used in residential applications typically range in size from 400 watts to 20 kilowatts, depending on the amount of electricity you want to generate. A typical home uses approximately 10,649 kilowatt-hours of electricity per year (about 877 kilowatt-hours per month).

And maybe sometimes he needs to run the generator. But if he can power his lights and a few other things with a small wind turbine, do you think he's stupid? Do you think he should instead continue to pay for and haul gas out to the more Alaskan wilderness?
Everything you wrote is true for this fact:...
"Although wind turbines large enough to provide a significant portion of the electricity needed by the average U.S. home generally require 1 acre of property or more, approximately 19.3% of the U.S. population lives in rural areas and may own land parcels large enough to accommodate a wind energy system.

How green is wind power? It’s not a simple question.
Of course the wind blows without carbon emissions, but catching it isn’t easy.
Building and erecting wind turbines requires hundreds of tons of materials — steel, concrete, fiberglass, copper, and more exotic stuff like neodymium and dysprosium used in permanent magnets.
All of it has a carbon footprint. Making steel requires the combustion of metallurgical coal in blast furnaces. Mining metals and rare earths is energy intensive. And the manufacture of concrete emits lots of carbon dioxide.

In the case of wind and solar power, those emissions are nearly all front-loaded.
That contrasts with fossil-fueled electric power plants, where emissions occur continuouisly as coal and natural gas are combusted.

Everything you wrote is true for this fact:...
"Although wind turbines large enough to provide a significant portion of the electricity needed by the average U.S. home generally require 1 acre of property or more, approximately 19.3% of the U.S. population lives in rural areas and may own land parcels large enough to accommodate a wind energy system.

How green is wind power? It’s not a simple question.
Of course the wind blows without carbon emissions, but catching it isn’t easy.
Building and erecting wind turbines requires hundreds of tons of materials — steel, concrete, fiberglass, copper, and more exotic stuff like neodymium and dysprosium used in permanent magnets.
All of it has a carbon footprint. Making steel requires the combustion of metallurgical coal in blast furnaces. Mining metals and rare earths is energy intensive. And the manufacture of concrete emits lots of carbon dioxide.

In the case of wind and solar power, those emissions are nearly all front-loaded.
That contrasts with fossil-fueled electric power plants, where emissions occur continuouisly as coal and natural gas are combusted.

I'm just using the one guy on Mountain Man as an example. For him it's a no brainer. The wind blows all year round. And he has to pay a fortune for gas, and spend a lot of time hauling it to his remote home. I watched him set the whole wind turbine up with a tractor. Pretty simple. Pretty small thing too. About from my waist to my head. Put up on a 12 foot poll it's spinning like crazy.

Are you saying it's too expensive to make them and that the carbon footprint to make them is too much? Compared to the carbon footprint it takes to make a car that runs on gas? Don't both have a big carbon footprint? Which one has a smaller footprint after it's manufactured and sold? HUH?

View attachment 873457
You are expecting them to think for themselves. If they did, they would see the benefit of going off the grid but they are just here to regurgitate their party's talking points. Talking points - which come directly from the petroleum industry lobbyists.

I'm just using the one guy on Mountain Man as an example. For him it's a no brainer. The wind blows all year round. And he has to pay a fortune for gas, and spend a lot of time hauling it to his remote home. I watched him set the whole wind turbine up with a tractor. Pretty simple. Pretty small thing too. About from my waist to my head. Put up on a 12 foot poll it's spinning like crazy.

Are you saying it's too expensive to make them and that the carbon footprint to make them is too much? Compared to the carbon footprint it takes to make a car that runs on gas? Don't both have a big carbon footprint? Which one has a smaller footprint after it's manufactured and sold? HUH?
Good question regarding carbon footprint!
But has the total costs of EVs been calculated?
In 200,000 miles of driving, a typical internal combustion vehicle would emit 66 tons of greenhouse gas emissions in the United States.
A battery electric vehicle would emit 39 tons over that same distance.
Production of EVs and batteries generate more CO2 before the first wheel turns, however, the total carbon footprint of ICE vehicles quickly overtake that of the EVs after 15,000 miles (24,140 km) of driving.

It takes a typical EV about one year in operation to achieve "carbon parity" with an ICE vehicle.
  • If the EV draws electricity from a coal/fired grid, however, the catchup period stretches to more than five years.
  • If the grid is powered by carbon/free hydroelectricity, the catchup period is about six months.

All of this assumes that EVs' electricity is generated by non-fossil fuel sources because:
Biden has guaranteed: "I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”
September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

To do that would mean according to the recent EPA that by 2032 over 67% of car sales and 46% of light trucks will be EVs.
While at the same time destroying 61% of the electric power generating plants that use fossil fuels. The USA uses 2.586 Trillion kWh of electricity per year generated by fossil fuel plants .. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
And over 553 billion additional kWh for EV cars/trucks..
Where will this 3 trillion kWh of electricity come from? To build new power plants that will generate 3 Trillion kWh will cost $1,661 for every 1 kWh.
Projected Nuclear Power Plant Construction Costs between $6 billion and $9 billion for each 1,100 MW plant.
if a power plant with a single generator that has an electricity generation capacity of 100 Megawatts (MW) operates at that capacity continuously for 24 hours, it will generate 2,400 megawatthours (MWh) of electricity. If the power plant operates at that capacity continuously for 365 days, it will generate 876,000 MWh. (8,760,000 kWh)
Now the below numbers are from the experts, folks... not ME!
When you divide 3,000,000,000 kWh needed to replace fossil fuel and EV vehicles, divided by 8,760,000 kWh) 342 new nuclear plants at total cost of nearly $2.5 Trillion
Each of us will pay directly or indirectly this $2.5 trillion to build the power plants to provide EVs and replace fossil fuel plants ... by 2050 Biden's goal?
Folks... I am NOT making these numbers up! If you don't believe me figure it yourselves.

Good question regarding carbon footprint!
But has the total costs of EVs been calculated?
In 200,000 miles of driving, a typical internal combustion vehicle would emit 66 tons of greenhouse gas emissions in the United States.
A battery electric vehicle would emit 39 tons over that same distance.
Production of EVs and batteries generate more CO2 before the first wheel turns, however, the total carbon footprint of ICE vehicles quickly overtake that of the EVs after 15,000 miles (24,140 km) of driving.

It takes a typical EV about one year in operation to achieve "carbon parity" with an ICE vehicle.
  • If the EV draws electricity from a coal/fired grid, however, the catchup period stretches to more than five years.
  • If the grid is powered by carbon/free hydroelectricity, the catchup period is about six months.

All of this assumes that EVs' electricity is generated by non-fossil fuel sources because:
Biden has guaranteed: "I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”
September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

To do that would mean according to the recent EPA that by 2032 over 67% of car sales and 46% of light trucks will be EVs.
While at the same time destroying 61% of the electric power generating plants that use fossil fuels. The USA uses 2.586 Trillion kWh of electricity per year generated by fossil fuel plants .. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
And over 553 billion additional kWh for EV cars/trucks..
Where will this 3 trillion kWh of electricity come from? To build new power plants that will generate 3 Trillion kWh will cost $1,661 for every 1 kWh.
Projected Nuclear Power Plant Construction Costs between $6 billion and $9 billion for each 1,100 MW plant.
if a power plant with a single generator that has an electricity generation capacity of 100 Megawatts (MW) operates at that capacity continuously for 24 hours, it will generate 2,400 megawatthours (MWh) of electricity. If the power plant operates at that capacity continuously for 365 days, it will generate 876,000 MWh. (8,760,000 kWh)
Now the below numbers are from the experts, folks... not ME!
When you divide 3,000,000,000 kWh needed to replace fossil fuel and EV vehicles, divided by 8,760,000 kWh) 342 new nuclear plants at total cost of nearly $2.5 Trillion
Each of us will pay directly or indirectly this $2.5 trillion to build the power plants to provide EVs and replace fossil fuel plants ... by 2050 Biden's goal?
Folks... I am NOT making these numbers up! If you don't believe me figure it yourselves.

Maybe cars haven't been perfected yet but I'm talking about every person buying a wind turbine that will save them thousands of dollars and last for decades. And solar panels too.

Cars aren't there yet. You have a good argument about battery cars right now. But they have to start somewhere. Definitely not good enough yet.

But wind turbines and solar panels are great. I suspect the guy on Mountain Man isn't thinking politically. He did the math. He knows how much time and money he spends on gas and how much that wind turbine cost him and now he's praising the wind turbine. He even said he finally caved and bought one. And BOY is he happy he did.

You are expecting them to think for themselves. If they did, they would see the benefit of going off the grid but they are just here to regurgitate their party's talking points. Talking points - which come directly from the petroleum industry lobbyists.
And you follow the warmers money?

Forum List

Back