Illinois Red Flag Law was a complete and utter failure

Because it was legal under the current red flag law.
Yeah, I understand that rule need to be changed big time but for me I am having a real hard time understanding why the Father was willing to arm a person with a gun knowing the person had or has mental issues?

See I understand the law is just as worthless as it come but if I was that kid dad I would have taken my boy to the Woods, whooped his ass and then said absolutely hell no you ain’t getting another firearm !

Yeah, I understand that rule need to be changed big time but for me I am having a real hard time understanding why the Father was willing to arm a person with a gun knowing the person had or has mental issues?

See I understand the law is just as worthless as it come but if I was that kid dad I would have taken my boy to the Woods, whooped his ass and then said absolutely hell no you ain’t getting another firearm !
His father's blind support of gun rights. He likely exploited a loophole and willfully ignored the red flags.

I don’t know because if you give a chimp a loaded weapon and you know for sure someone will get hurt don’t you hold some responsibility for what that Chimp does with the gun and shouldn’t you be held accountable for it financially?

He knew his kid was mentally Ill and in the end he allowed his kid to obtain a firearm, so for me the father is as guilty…

His father's blind support of gun rights. He likely exploited a loophole and willfully ignored the red flags.
Yeah, now many people are suffering because of it…

Don’t get me wrong that law is worthless as can be and the idiots that wrote it, passed it and signed it into law should be smacked upside their damn head but in the end that Father is one person that should be in jail with his kid…

I don’t know because if you give a chimp a loaded weapon and you know for sure someone will get hurt don’t you hold some responsibility for what that Chimp does with the gun and shouldn’t you be held accountable for it financially?

He knew his kid was mentally Ill and in the end he allowed his kid to obtain a firearm, so for me the father is as guilty…
Ok, but of what crime?

You see where I am going with this...

Maybe what he did should be illegal? Like, VERY illegal? Like, he also carries the weight of the crimes? 7 murders, not just one...

Ok, but of what crime?

You see where I am going with this...

Maybe what he did should be illegal? Like, VERY illegal? Like, he also carries the weight of the crimes? 7 murders, not just one...
Crime vs Civil is different…

I believe he is liable for his son actions because he gave his son that weapon when he signed for his son…

He knew his son was mentally unstable and yet allowed his son to own a firearm when the red flag law was meant to stop him.

So you can not get a criminal verdict for sure but I believe he should be held liable…

Root causes, people, root causes. What we need to do is to quit making crazy people. As long as our schools are manufacturing crazy people and doctors are giving them drugs to make sure they can't keep it inside them then these things are going to happen.

How is the untrained father supposed to recognize the depth and risk when the cops and medical people didn't in 2019?

Instead of pushing new gun laws......the states should be putting out Public Service Announcements on what you should do if your kid, or patient, or someone the police are dealing with, is exhibiting the danger signs of a mass public shooter.

That is how you deal with the rare cases of these dangerous mass public shooters...

Instead of pushing new gun laws......the states should be putting out Public Service Announcements on what you should do if your kid, or patient, or someone the police are dealing with, is exhibiting the danger signs of a mass public shooter.

That is how you deal with the rare cases of these dangerous mass public shooters...
And actually making the laws work, with better reporting and a better database.

And actually making the laws work, with better reporting and a better database.

Yeah...that would be on you guys and your god, government......you know, the government that knows about these guys before they attack and then does nothing about them......that's on you....we have the laws, you guys keep failing to use them.

I support your idea as a good one but let me add that the number of at risk psychos is not rare; it's common in the Democratic Party. Here's a list of behaviors that show anti-social, sociopathic, tendencies that could snap in a heartbeat, especially when these people are on drugs intended to weaken their minds.

• Males of any age who believe they are a woman
  • Males of any age who dress like a woman in public perhaps with the rare exception of those who understand it is a purely artistic, entertaining thing they do and not a lifestyle or representative of who they think they are.
  • Males who are so confused about their personal identity that they have their male genitals removed
  • Males who take female hormones to develop breasts or other female characteristics
  • Extremely effeminate men or boys dressing in silly or feminine clothing, wearing women's styles of hair and make up, trying to explore what they think is their feminine side
  • Females of any age who take male hormones to grow facial hair or to develop other masculine traits
  • Females of any age who have their breasts removed in order to avoid any semblance of femininity. This does not include women who have their breasts removed prophylactically to reduce the risk of breast cancer
  • Adult men or women who cannot control an urge to sexualize small children and teach them that perversion is simply a personal choice - preparing future generations to engage in the same behaviors as these psychotic groomers
  • Any freak, male or female, any age, who behaves in self-destructive behavior such as neck/face tattoos, over the top piercings and other body destructive behaviors intended for shock value - as compared to face and neck tattoos as indicators of gang membership, which evidence a different gun violence risk

The list could go on and on.

All of these traits define mental health problems that have a high probability of violence. It's not that some who demonstrate these characteristics might be suffering from mental health issues that could lead to violence, it is that EVERYONE who demonstrates these characteristics IS suffering from mental health issues known to lead to violence. Every single one of them is a threat.

Forum List

Back