Illinois Firearm Identification card ruled unConstitutional in state court....yes, this is correct.

What about the line

Currently there is no law against the act of committing suicide in the United States.

did you not understand?

You forget that in the Common Wealth states like Maryland and Virginia, just to name two, they have laws on the book that date back to the old English Common laws. These are rarely used but can and are used when dealing with attempted suicide. Therefor, there are still about 20 States where they can press Criminal Charges for a failed suicide attempt. It's rarely done but I use Maryland (2016) and Virginia (2013) as an example. The charges were later dropped when they got the person into a slow to induct mental health hospital. But it was used to get him off the streets to prevent him from harming himself and others in the meantime.

And there is no law against convicting a successful suicide either unless it's an assisted suicide. I could easily make light of this but won't. Once again, you are just gumming your jaws trying to make yourself look smarter than you really are. And that is stupid. We all know you won't change because we just can't fix stupid.
You have to go back to old outdated never used laws

And FYI It's commonwealth not common wealth

If you're going to impugn someone else's intelligence maybe you should have a grasp on the words you use to do so.

The fact is it is not illegal to commit suicide, if it was then the police could seize the property of the person who committed suicide

And tell me when was the last time a person was tried in court for attempting suicide?

Wow, a spelink nazi response when you have nothing else. And it's English Common Law to be exact, stupid. Just like the whole name is English Common Wealth.

Well, cupcake, how about Maryland in 2018. Redacted Mueller Report
ets
Let's not forget the state of Virginia. As of 1992, Virginia removed the inability of heirs to inherit the property from a person that commits suicide, it's still listed as a crime and it's listed legally as an Immoral Act and against the law. In Virginia, suicide is a crime

20 states still list it as illegal. And if you are not successful, they can charge you with suicide and try you. But that is just to get you off the street and into mental health more than anything else these days without your consent. In order to get you the mandatory help, you have to be charged with some kind of a crime even if it's a misdemeanor.

You are living proof that we can cure wanting to commit suicide but we can't seem to find a cure for stupid.

You didn't misspell anything you just didn't know there is a difference between commonwealth and common wealth

IOW you don't understand the word you hear in your head, Corky.

And when has anyone been tried posthumously for committing suicide? When has any legal action been taken against people or the families of people who have committed suicide?

Until 1992, the state of Virginia wouldn't allow the heirs to inherit the property of a successful suicide victim.

Now, you are just being even more stupid than usual. You tell me exactly how they can cross examine a dead person in a courtroom?

JUDGE: Answer the question
SILENCE.....
JUDGE: Answer the question or I will find you in contempt of court
SILENCE.......
JUDGE: I find you in contempt and sentence you to 30 days in jail. And what's that smell........

Once again, you prove that we can't cure stupid.

So you have to go back to 1992

Ancient history

There is no legal ramification whatsoever for committing suicide

Even attempting suicide only results in a 72 hour psych hold and no charges are brought by the state

But go ahead and keep insisting that it's illegal just like you insist that the CO red flag law requires a mental health evaluation if it makes you happy

Forum List

Back