Illegal Immigrant got sick crossing the border. Should we sympathize?

Should we sympathize?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
He Crossed The Border In A Packed, Unventilated Trailer And Survived
san-antonio-815-edit_wide-b8954eea54e0bc931151b2069a050d263b78492b-s800-c85.png

Brandon Martinez, 16, was one of nearly 40 undocumented immigrants found on a blistering summer day inside an unventilated trailer parked at a San Antonio Wal-Mart. Ten died, and Brandon barely survived.

Federal officials who interviewed some of the survivors say that the human cargo was assembled and loaded into the truck in the border city of Laredo.

Some had paid smugglers to take them across the Rio Grande in rafts. One immigrant said there were as many as 200 people in the back of the truck.

Before he closed the door, one of the human smugglers reassured them that the truck had a refrigeration unit, but as the trip up Interstate 35 progressed they realized there was no cooling system. They took turns gulping outside air through a small vent hole, and began passing out. They pounded on the walls of the enclosure to get the driver's attention but he did not stop until he pulled over at the Wal-Mart, he says, to urinate. That's when, the driver claims, he was surprised to hear people in the trailer, opened the door and saw the grim scene inside with "bodies just lying on the floor like meat." It was a Wal-Mart employee who called 911. Many of the passengers fled on foot or were picked up by black SUVs before the police arrived.
---
Sad story but I wonder who is paying for that hospital visit? Sure hope they deport him and his illegal father.
If I sneak onto your property and get bit by your dog would you sympathize?

All you bleeding heart illegal defenders send 20% of your income to Washington, we'll transfer your money to the poor in Mexico and other countries so they don't have to sneak into our country. Go head lead by example, sponsor poor people around the world with YOUR money. No? Yeah we thought so.

So you'll be writing a check to cover this guy's medical bills? Or are you shoving your ideas of morality down the throat of others who'll pick up the tab?

I'm definitely shoving my pro-life ideals down your throat.

Open wider, ok?

So no, you'll not put your money where your mouth is.

Got it, thanks for the transparency.

So, right to life and healthcare is simply a financial issue to you?

What price is too high for saving a life?

Ever
So you'll be writing a check to cover this guy's medical bills? Or are you shoving your ideas of morality down the throat of others who'll pick up the tab?

Open wider, ok?

Everyone has the right to healthcare, just not the right to take money from others to pay for it. I don't get to rob the grocery store because I'm hungry either.

When YOU write the check for this guy voluntarily, then we'll know the price one is willing to pay.

Feel free to post an image of that check.

Will my tax return be enough?

I see it's very much a financial issue for you. That's ok, I guess. If you want to value money over life. Have at it.

Theft is okay if you support it. Got it.

Here's an idea, stop stealing from me and I'll voluntarily support charity. What's clear is you'd rather have other steal that money for you.

The left truly are an immoral people.

He did it to himself.
I would bet borders have saved more lives than cost them.

He didn't do it to himself, he was a victim of confidence men. Him and those with him were convinced to pay for a trip that cost some their lives and nearly cost him his and what do you think his motivations were? Could it have been a chance at a better life in the United States? Try to put yourself in his shoes and ask yourself if you wouldn't do the same thing if some silver tongued con man came along to whatever 3rd world shit hole this guy was living in and promised you safe trip to the promised land for cash, would you take him up on it?

Of course he should be deported after he recovers since he's here illegally but the people that we should be cracking down on are the human smugglers that profit off deception and the desire of human beings to seek to improve their own circumstances.
He wasnt a victim. He tried to break laws and he got hurt. Thats on him, man.
Try a little empathy and contemplation beyond the surface TN, I promise it won't kill you and you may learn something along the way. :)

That sort of emotion is probably why the guy that was robbing these peoples home sued and WON for cutting himself on THEIR broken window.
False equivalence, the guy in this case was conned into believing that he was buying a shot at a better life without victimizing anybody else.
I have empathy. But i dont with illegal immigration. Incentive and empathy is what draws them here. Sorry, i cant go that route. Sometimes, solving problems is hard and ruthless. Much is life.
Illegal immigration isnt a victimless crime.

That's a lot of words to say, "Let 'em die."
Help them along if they don't do it on their own.

Brandon Martinez, 16, was one of nearly 40 undocumented immigrants found on a blistering summer day inside an unventilated trailer parked at a San Antonio Wal-Mart. Ten died, and Brandon barely survived.

Federal officials who interviewed some of the survivors say that the human cargo was assembled and loaded into the truck in the border city of Laredo.

Some had paid smugglers to take them across the Rio Grande in rafts. One immigrant said there were as many as 200 people in the back of the truck.

Before he closed the door, one of the human smugglers reassured them that the truck had a refrigeration unit, but as the trip up Interstate 35 progressed they realized there was no cooling system. They took turns gulping outside air through a small vent hole, and began passing out. They pounded on the walls of the enclosure to get the driver's attention but he did not stop until he pulled over at the Wal-Mart, he says, to urinate. That's when, the driver claims, he was surprised to hear people in the trailer, opened the door and saw the grim scene inside with "bodies just lying on the floor like meat." It was a Wal-Mart employee who called 911. Many of the passengers fled on foot or were picked up by black SUVs before the police arrived.
---
Sad story but I wonder who is paying for that hospital visit? Sure hope they deport him and his illegal father.

We sympathize with people because we're HUMAN.

I think a lot of you so called "Christians" need to do some very serious soul searching. You don't know what the circumstances of this young man was who tried to cross the border. Was he trying to get to a sick relative that lived here--to say his last goodbye's. Was he a migrant farm worker, trying to help American farmers bring in their crops? You don't know what kind of a Human being he was. I will remind you that Mexico owned the entire southwest of this country before the white man ever showed up. It was we that were the agressors and took their land from them during the Mexican/American war.

So now you can explain to Jesus Christ and God your decision to simply HATE this young man because he is not the same color as you--and you decided he doesn't belong on your side of the border.

But it's no surprise that you respond like you do. You elected a man that is not Human in character. A man with no honor, no respect, no dignity, no humility, and the only loyalty he has ever shown anyone was to himself, Vladimir Putin, Neo Nazi's & White Supremacists.

So continue on with your HATE--Burn in hell for it.

He called and they came running.

th

Trump & his supporters are a National Disgrace. They are a threat to the very foundation of this country and our democracy.

Last edited:

---

I think a lot of you so called "Christians" need to do some very serious soul searching. You don't know what the circumstances of this young man was who tried to cross the border. Was he trying to get to a sick relative that lived here--to say his last goodbye's. Was he a migrant farm worker, trying to help American farmers bring in their crops? You don't know what kind of a Human being he was. I will remind you that Mexico owned the entire southwest of this country before the white man ever showed up. It was we that were the agressors and took their land from them during the Mexican/American war.

So now you can explain to Jesus Christ and God your decision to simply HATE this young man because he is not the same color as you--and you decided he doesn't belong on your side of the border.

But it's no surprise that you respond like you do. You elected a man that is not Human in character. A man with no honor, no respect, no dignity, no humility, and the only loyalty he has ever shown anyone was to himself, Vladimir Putin, Neo Nazi's & White Supremacists.

So continue on with your HATE--and burn in hell for it.

th

"so called christians"
:rolleyes:

Sympathize?

Dump him over the wall back in to Mexico, and give him a ziplock bag with some aspirin in it.

Fuck these invaders that the Left is using as Mules to destroy American Culture.

It's so nice when borders become more important than human lives.

Seriously, a fine example of a WWJD? moment......

:clap:
He did it to himself.

Almost every malady in human existence can be boiled down to something someone did to themselves.

Let's just let people die, shall we?

And how have borders saved lives?
Yep, and plenty of people have got themselves killed by voting for so-called "progressives."

Open wider, ok?

Ever

Open wider, ok?

Everyone has the right to healthcare, just not the right to take money from others to pay for it. I don't get to rob the grocery store because I'm hungry either.

When YOU write the check for this guy voluntarily, then we'll know the price one is willing to pay.

Feel free to post an image of that check.

Will my tax return be enough?

I see it's very much a financial issue for you. That's ok, I guess. If you want to value money over life. Have at it.

I value my money over your life.

---

th

"so called christians"

Crusaders. We like to be called Crusaders.
It's time to take the gloves off and call it what it really is....
AN INVASION.

These people are what are called SAPPERS.
The Left are using these SAPPERS to weaken our defenses.

They do this, because their goal is to Destroy American Culture, Undermine our Laws, and then Hand America over to Globalists.

He did it to himself.

Almost every malady in human existence can be boiled down to something someone did to themselves.

Let's just let people die, shall we?

And how have borders saved lives?

It's not about letting them die, it's about not feeling sorry for someone that willfully broke the law and you now want us to feel sorry for when the results aren't good. Tough shit. Poor choices on his part don't constitutes an emergency for me.

Ricechickie will claim to care so much he'll expect the taxpayers to foot the bill.

I find it most interesting that those on the Left who are the most insistent on applying their erroneous "separation of church and state" to all things cry WWJD whenever an opinion goes against their grain. Funny, that.

Several months ago the topic of discussion was abortion and same sex marriage. One of the lefties taking part in the discussion stated that religious beliefs should not be part of whether or not something is law. I asked him if he supported social welfare programs mandated by the government to which he said "yes". When I asked him why, his response was "because it's the Christian thing to do".

I find it most interesting that those on the Left who are the most insistent on applying their erroneous "separation of church and state" to all things cry WWJD whenever an opinion goes against their grain. Funny, that.

Jesus wasn't a church.

Jesus was a man whose life I'd gladly emulate to the best of my ability. The people who make up the churches in his name? Not so much.

Do you believe it's OK to mandate taxpayers fund the things you support?

---

th

"so called christians"

What kind of Christian would look at any other Human Being in this condition and have no empathy for that person? Who clearly watched others die in his presence--in horror-- that they were not able to get out of a locked truck.

They are the EVIL ones-- not him. Yet they claim to be Christians--aka Evangelicals who overwhelming voted for a man with no honor, no respect, no dignity, no humility and the only loyalty he has ever shown to anyone was to himself, Vladimir Putin, Neo Nazi's and White supremacists groups.

And WHITE male Pastors all across this country were singing the praises of the Donald Trump that sits in the Oval office today. Where are their souls really at? Where is their Christianity? They were witness to his attacks on minorities in this country, they watched him make vile vulgar comments against women in this country, they watched him insult, and make offensive remarks toward others, and not a dam one of them stood up and said no more. Instead they promoted him to their congregations, and then voted for him.

00-matt-wuerker-were-sticking-with-trump-2016.jpg

A message from a long time friend & former staffer of Ronald Reagan says it all in 3 minutes.

Last edited:
Crossing the border illegally is a misdemeanor, which is equivalent to possession of an ounce of marijuana in Michigan. The Right believes that deserves the death penalty.

We take care of stray animals why not humans?
This guy risked his life, maybe just maybe he wants to better his life and live like a decent human being, there is room and plenty of jobs let him in.....im sure you or your ancestors fled their countries for similar reasons. Unless if you are a native than my apologies.

Forum List

Back