Illegal Immigrant got sick crossing the border. Should we sympathize?

Should we sympathize?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's so nice when borders become more important than human lives.

Seriously, a fine example of a WWJD? moment......

:clap:

So you'll be writing a check to cover this guy's medical bills? Or are you shoving your ideas of morality down the throat of others who'll pick up the tab?
Picking up the tab?

WWJD?

The Right trots out the time worn meme that 'we are a Christian nation' whenever they want to repress American citizen's right to marriage equality. But then they shed that meme when it comes to clothing the naked, feeding the hungry, giving alms to the poor, comforting thenafflicted and visiting prisoners.

Hypocrites.

I'm a libertarian and I don't give two shits if you want to marry a chicken. Have at it.

Fail.
Libertarian. Fair enough. Do you consider America to be a great nation?

Sorry I'm for taking care of the sick and the needy. Aren't you guys religious? Jesus wouldn't do that?
We take care of stray animals why not humans?
This guy risked his life, maybe just maybe he wants to better his life and live like a decent human being, there is room and plenty of jobs let him in.....im sure you or your ancestors fled their countries for similar reasons. Unless if you are a native than my apologies.

So you'll be writing a check to cover this guy's medical bills? Or are you shoving your ideas of morality down the throat of others who'll pick up the tab?

We take care of stray animals VOLUNTARILY, not be force of government.

And there in lies the difference.

Feel free to step and help this guy, but let's stop the theft, shall we?

They all have a back story that pulls on the heart strings of weak minded suckers who love to write checks from other people's check books.
Why don't we start importing the "needy" from all over the world until there are no "needy" OR do you propose that out SERVICES stop with the people who make it to our soil breaking our laws to do so? That's a pretty fucked up notion isn't it? Where does it end in your mind?

Sorry I'm for taking care of the sick and the needy. Aren't you guys religious? Jesus wouldn't do that?
This guy risked his life, maybe just maybe he wants to better his life and live like a decent human being, there is room and plenty of jobs let him in.....im sure you or your ancestors fled their countries for similar reasons. Unless if you are a native than my apologies.

Yeah, and stealing is an age-old practice. Explain how taxation is any different than stealing.

Taxation is a price you pay for living in society, and it's governed by laws.

Am I the only one who passed 9th grade Civics?

They said the same thing about slavery through the ages.

In America, they were called Democrats.

Penalty for straw man argument. You lose 20 points.

Someone needs to look up the meaning of that particular logical fallacy.

You support theft and indentured servitude with justifications that are identical to how your brethren justified slavery.

Own it.

That someone would be you. You used a straw man argument. You set it up, knocked it down, and flexed your muscles.

Have fun.

Stop supporting theft and indentured servitude.

And get thee to a library.

Picking up the tab?

WWJD?

The Right trots out the time worn meme that 'we are a Christian nation' whenever they want to repress American citizen's right to marriage equality. But then they shed that meme when it comes to clothing the naked, feeding the hungry, giving alms to the poor, comforting thenafflicted and visiting prisoners.

Hypocrites.

I'm a libertarian and I don't give two shits if you want to marry a chicken. Have at it.

Fail.
Libertarian. Fair enough. Do you consider America to be a great nation?

You'll have to be more specific than that. Of course there are great things about America and some things not so great.

I advocate freedom, meaning I believe no one, be it a person, a group, or a government, should have the right to meddle in the affairs of a citizen who hasn't taken what doesn't belong to him or otherwise infringed on the rights of another. To me, that's what makes a nation great. Doubly so when the citizenry are good, charitable people, which I believe a free society fosters.

You are free to take care of the sick and needy, no one is stopping you. This is your voluntary choice, be it motivated by religion, Jesus, or the flying spaghetti monster.

The problem is when you support the extraction of wealth from others, enforced by armed government agents, because you happen to support this particular charitable cause.

This is not voluntary. This is theft. It is immoral as hell.

I'm not the first to point this out...

no-matter-how-worthy-the-cause-it-is-robbery-theft-26925346.png

You are free to take care of the sick and needy, no one is stopping you. This is your voluntary choice, be it motivated by religion, Jesus, or the flying spaghetti monster.

The problem is when you support the extraction of wealth from others, enforced by armed government agents, because you happen to support this particular charitable cause.

This is not voluntary. This is theft. It is immoral as hell.

I'm not the first to point this out...

no-matter-how-worthy-the-cause-it-is-robbery-theft-26925346.png

Then let's not help Texas. According to your logic.

Good lord did you miss the point.

Yes, help. Send that guy an envelope full of cash. Volunteer at a local charity. Write a check to a charitable hospital. Start your own charity. Yes, yes, yes, help! I do.

But you know what I never do? I never pick a man's pocket, even if I were to send the loot to the poor fellow that is the subject of this thread.

This logic of calling theft for what it is applies at the federal and state level, including Texas.

Forum List

Back