Ilhan Omar: It Is Not Enough to Condemn Trump’s Racism

I don't think Omar is racist for being critical of Israel. That is not racist.

I don't think Trump is racist for calling Omar out in here ironically hypocritical statement about American Hypocrisy (when she, herself took advantage if America's generosity and is now shitting on us). I think Trump did a really shitty job calling her out.

I would have said things differently. I would have highlighted her life being saved by America, rather than tell her to back and fix Somalia.

But, Trump has said and done some racist shit back when he was a Democrat, and got a free pass for his racism (Democrats get a free pass because they own the media).

Although I think his tweet by itself was not racist, his history calls it into question.

Both Trump and Omar should STFU.

How's that?

That's a fair opinion with one exception, she has the freedom to peacefully air her dissent and as a member of congress she has the duty of oversight to include criticism if necessary. We should be concerned about a president that demands unquestioned loyalty and will use every means he can to silence dissent. That's un American and the current president is doing it.

Proof? :link:

No, I won't be providing proof to you about freedoms we all know we have.

........she has the freedom to peacefully air her dissent.......

Is that what you call spewing out Jew-hating antisemitic filth and anti-American lies? "Dissent"? Is that what you call it you piece of shit? "Dissent"?

Aren't you the same punkass sniveling bitch who screams racism every time Trump says "Boo", but when your pig Omar spews out REAL antisemitism and racism, you call it "Dissent"?

You are such a pathetic piece of shit, you're lower than dirt.

Educate me then. What am I supposed to say to a person "of color" disparaging my country and I think they may be happier somewhere else?

Keep in mind, I have told people in my own family (blood related) to leave. So why should I treat people "of color" differently?

Blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, Jews and other minorities think they deserve special treatment.

........she has the freedom to peacefully air her dissent.......

Is that what you call spewing out Jew-hating antisemitic filth and anti-American lies? "Dissent"? Is that what you call it you piece of shit? "Dissent"?

Aren't you the same punkass sniveling bitch who screams racism every time Trump says "Boo", but when your pig Omar spews out REAL antisemitism and racism, you call it "Dissent"?

You are such a pathetic piece of shit, you're lower than dirt.

You are running your mouth off with right wing bullshit. Omar has said nothing racist and her opposition to the Israeli government is supported by jews.

There is no doubt Trump is a blowhard and a liar. However, saying go back to your home country is not racist. That’s like saying any criticism of people of color is racist.

I consider IQ2 a racist. Am I a racist for stating such an opinion, merely because he is black?
You might be.

I think the most recent GOP strategy is you can say anything you want about a person, and as long as you don't use one of the color words, you can't be considered a racist.

But you used a color word.

Omar broke our immigration laws...and now she is calling my president a racist....send her back until she learns to appreciate America...

Educate me then. What am I supposed to say to a person "of color" disparaging my country and I think they may be happier somewhere else?

Keep in mind, I have told people in my own family (blood related) to leave. So why should I treat people "of color" differently?

Blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, Jews and other minorities think they deserve special treatment.

Whites are running around talking about this is the white mans country and you talk about other thinking they deserve special treatment.

Whites are running around talking about this is the white mans country and you talk about other thinking they deserve special treatment.
You mean America wasn't founded by white people?

Perhaps she should address her own racism first. Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty is a very popular propaganda tool.

Show proof of her racism.

IM2 sure does. He's just another sniveling bitch who loves his own racism, but cries about fake racism to make excuses for being a failure.

He creates a thread called, Ilhan Omar: It Is Not Enough to Condemn Trump’s Racism, but forgets that it is Omar who is the antisemite and Jew-hater. She is the real racist doing what all Liberals do, accuse others of the very racism that they themselves are guilty of.

As for IM2, he's just a stupid ghetto crackhead.

You mean America wasn't founded by white people?

People were here already. And this country was never just for whites.

Read the OP and tell she me what she has said that is unamerican.
It's time to stop listening to Trumps lies.

Ilhan Omar: It Is Not Enough to Condemn Trump’s Racism

By Ilhan Omar
July 25, 2019

Throughout history, demagogues have used state power to target minority communities and political enemies, often culminating in state violence. Today, we face that threat in our own country, where the president of the United States is using the influence of our highest office to mount racist attacks on communities across the land. In recent weeks, he has lashed out unprompted against four freshman Democrats in the House of Representatives: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts, Rashida Tlaib of Michigan, and me, from Minnesota.

Last week, as President Trump watched the crowd at one of his rallies chant “Send her back,” aimed at me and my family, I was reminded of times when such fearmongering was allowed to flourish. I also couldn’t help but remember the horrors of civil war in Somalia that my family and I escaped, the America we expected to find and the one we actually experienced.

The president’s rally will be a defining moment in American history. It reminds us of the grave stakes of the coming presidential election: that this fight is not merely about policy ideas; it is a fight for the soul of our nation. The ideals at the heart of our founding — equal protection under the law, pluralism, religious liberty — are under attack, and it is up to all of us to defend them.

Having survived civil war in my home country as a child, I cherish these values. In Somalia’s capital, Mogadishu, I saw grade-school children as young as me holding assault rifles in the streets. I spent four years in a refugee camp in Kenya, where there was no formal schooling or even running water. But my family and I persevered, fortified by our deep solidarity with one another, the compassion of others and the hope of a better life in the United States.

The America we arrived in was different from the one my grandfather had hoped to find. The land of opportunity he imagined was in fact full of challenges. People identified me in ways that were foreign to me: immigrant, black. I learned that these identities carried stigmas, and I experienced prejudice as a visibly Muslim woman.

But the beauty of this country is not that our democracy is perfect. It’s that embedded in our Constitution and democratic institutions are the tools to make it better. It was in the diverse community of Minneapolis — the very community that welcomed me home with open arms after Mr. Trump’s attacks against me last week — where I learned the true value of democracy. I started attending political caucuses with my grandfather, who cherished democracy as only someone who has experienced its absence could. I soon recognized that the only way to ensure that everyone in my community had a voice was by participating in the democratic process.

Opinion | Ilhan Omar: It Is Not Enough to Condemn Trump’s Racism
A demagogue condemning demogauges? Hmm. Well, I read that Plato thought Democracy was an irresponsible form of government. He believed that a state governed well by the people was an impossible ideal due to their potential to be misled by skilled orators and their susceptibility to succumb to the phenomenon of mob rule. So Idiot Omar, America's form of demagoguery looks a tad better than technicals in a hilux with AA guns chewing khat, isn't it?

How American is your ass? Not very. According to your posts, all you want is a handout from Uncle Sugar. I just want Uncle Sugar to leave us alone.
Trust me, we can make it by ourselves.
Not the American farmers. They can't make it. They want a bailout for their stupid lazy asses.

Forum List

Back