Ikea cuts sick pay for unvaccinated staff forced to self-isolate

So employers should ban people skiing as a hobby because they can break their legs?

Do you really want to open this rabbit hole?
Thats a silly comparison. If there was a vax for getting hurt whilst skiing and they refused to take it then I would stop their pay. The key is what is reasonable.

Yaking a fall shile playing sports is unfortunate. Not getting vaxxed is a form of self harm.

Last edited:
Thats a silly comparison. If there was a vax for getting hurt whilst skiing and they refused to take it then I would stop their pay. The key is what is reasonable.

Yaking a fall shile playing sports is unfortunate. Not getting vaxxed is a form of self harm.

Risk is risk. Some people don't wear all the protective gear, should that be a determination in their getting insurance, time off, or even treatment?

No. You just make dumb assumptions which are limited by the size of your tiny brain.
Vaccinated folks are testing and coming up positive left and right for the leftyvirus Tommie.....more and more, get the jab and test positive. So the benefits as these folks sit at home are out the pelosi. How can you determine that only non vaccinated folks are the ones causing the company bennies to go out the roof?

Absolutely the right thing for them to do. Why should an employer subsidise self inflicted illness ?
So to be fair, shouldn‘t they do the same with smokers, drinkers, a person that has multiple sex partners, junk food eaters, diabetics and all others who’s personal habits and choices move them to a high risk health category?

You dodge the question before and I’m sure you’ll dodge it again. My take is you only give a damn about the vaccine because it is political and other health issues you don’t give a damn about, because you really don’t give damn about people.

I’m cool with that
That is why so many employers restrict smoking
Overweight, heart attack, no coverage. More than one sex partner, you get an STD, on your own, no Insurance, you get pregnant, your choice, no insurance. You take drugs, overdose, no insurance. You don’t exercise regularly and you get sick, no insurance. You are overweight, get diabetes or heart disease, no insurance. We could just eliminate all insurance over life choices. I’m sure that would bring rates down, more bankruptcies, worse health care. It would bring insurance costs down as coverage would be minimal. One way to get rid of your precious Obamacare.

Overweight, heart attack, no coverage. More than one sex partner, you get an STD, on your own, no Insurance, you get pregnant, your choice, no insurance. You take drugs, overdose, no insurance. You don’t exercise regularly and you get sick, no insurance. You are overweight, get diabetes or heart disease, no insurance. We could just eliminate all insurance over life choices. I’m sure that would bring rates down, more bankruptcies, worse health care. It would bring insurance costs down as coverage would be minimal. One way to get rid of your precious Obamacare.
Doctor : Get this guy ready for surgery. His heart is failing
Nurse : Ummm doctor, last week, he ate a whole medium pizza from dominoes when he was up drinking. His daughter says he hasnt exercised in 4 years.
Doctor : In that case, throw his ass outside. he did this to himself.

So to be fair, shouldn‘t they do the same with smokers, drinkers, a person that has multiple sex partners, junk food eaters, diabetics and all others who’s personal habits and choices move them to a high risk health category?

You dodge the question before and I’m sure you’ll dodge it again. My take is you only give a damn about the vaccine because it is political and other health issues you don’t give a damn about, because you really don’t give damn about people.
That would be a question for the employer. The administration of these various issues would probably outweigh the benefits to the employer. The vax issue is easy to manage and why should employers subsidise selfish *****.
You people are such hypocrites you make me chuckle.

Forum List

Back