If YOU were in control...

Have you asked Clint Eastwood or Betty White? They work but will get back to you time permitting. Maybe Ernestine Shepard can tell you about getting old. She's an 84 year old bodybuilder. She teaches aerobics and physical fitness. Why do you have the idea that old people are decrepit

I didn't say decrepit ... though I wish I had ... I said useless ... thank you for the examples ...
People "give back" to the world and to other people in various ways. Some people uplift others by service, some uplift others with words, some are positive influences with a strong magnetic personality and reassure people.
One of the most influential people in my life is my Grandma. She always has a kind word to say, and is genuine in doing so. I remember most of her words because I, like many, crave positivity. She isn't a big talker, but her loving expression of affection is a gold mine.

I don't agree that one's worth is strictly some monetary value, as at least one other poster strongly implied. I think he suggested 35 as being old? LOL That one will have a real eye-opener as he ages, if he's lucky enough to live a good, long life. I hope he does and I hope he experiences that "ah ha!" moment at some point. We all have worth, unless you choose a life of crime or worse.

I've been retired for 24 years. It's the best. Not being productive? Who cares? Just spent part of my first stimulus check on a case of beer I picked up at the curbside. That was very productive.

I've been retired for 24 years. It's the best. Not being productive? Who cares? Just spent part of my first stimulus check on a case of beer I picked up at the curbside. That was very productive.
lol initforme but I have to ask, when you were picking up the beer, did you display a positive disposition or, what I refer to as...the mean look on? Congrats on 24 years of retirement and I wish you many more!

Forum List

Back