If you had only question for a space alien, what would it be?

My question would be this:

Where is nothing? If you look for nothing and find it, then nothing is something. If you look for nothing and do not find it, then nothing cannot exist. When the Big Bang occurred which created our universe according to science, everything became something (matter) so nothing indeed cannot exist. But what about before the Big Bang? There must have been nothing then. So, how could everything spring from nothing? I am not going to let those aliens off the hook. I want an answer.
Would be a great question to ask.

But far more pressing would be to ask them how they pull off interstellar travel.

Where is nothing? If you look for nothing and find it, then nothing is something. If you look for nothing and do not find it, then nothing cannot exist. When the Big Bang occurred which created our universe according to science, everything became something (matter) so nothing indeed cannot exist. But what about before the Big Bang? There must have been nothing then. So, how could everything spring from nothing? I am not going to let those aliens off the hook. I want an answer.
Would you be kind enough to please provide me a detailed description of your propulsion system, including the energy source and the physics involved and do I smell delicious?

-You assume they would know by virtue of traveling to where you are?

Alien omnipotence?

You have a lot of faith in aliens.

-I would ask them if they wanted to hurt me.

I think that would be the best way to get a conversation going.

Determining whether you are going to be lunch is much easier than; "Where did it all come from?"

This is a SAF forum lol. There are no aliens as God didn't create any aliens. There are none in the universe.

I would want to hear their music, and if they don't have any, I would love to play our music to them.

That's #1.

I would ask, “if we start throwing nukes at each other will you intervene?”

That's silly Batcat. We would want to learn from them, or at least establish a means of communication. Math and Music are the ways.

That's silly Batcat. We would want to learn from them, or at least establish a means of communication. Math and Music are the ways.

At least until you find out they are interested in rendering your body parts into man grease used in their high-end cosmetics.

What are the emissions on that thing? It'd be a damn shame to come all this way only to be driven off by eco-nuts.

You folks are just jerks.

It is probable that there are alien visitors here.

That's what the evidence shows.

How you work that into your religion, is your problem. The Pope already said that it's ok, and they won't affect your religion.

The Pope is cool with it. But you folks arent?

The reason so many scientists want aliens to exist is because they know the existence of such aliens would weaken faith in the Christian religion.

My questions to an alien, therefore, would be religious in nature.

Do you believe in God?

Is there a figure in your history who you believe to be the Son of God who died to redeem your species from sin?

The reason so many scientists want aliens to exist is because they know the existence of such aliens would weaken faith in the Christian religion.

My questions to an alien, therefore, would be religious in nature.

Do you believe in God?

Is there a figure in your history who you believe to be the Son of God who died to redeem your species from sin?
That would be one of my questions too. Who is your god, if you have one? First question would be if they like our music and how does theirs sound like. But 2nd would be about religion.

I would have to go with whatever they answer. And that is the fear of religious zealots. A total disruption of your beliefs and monetary contributions...

You folks are just jerks.

It is probable that there are alien visitors here.

That's what the evidence shows.

How you work that into your religion, is your problem. The Pope already said that it's ok, and they won't affect your religion.

The Pope is cool with it. But you folks arent?

Star Trek Delusions ...

Hollywood has convinced some people that space travelers are exploring the Universe in hopes of establishing
off-world, non-intrusive and benevolent relations or discovery with alien races.

The only real evidence is that space travelers are looking for something ... And you have no idea what they are looking for or why.
There is no reason to assume they share any virtues we may value here.
Not even to the degree of assuming one thing is intelligent, virtuous, good or evil, because their culture may not agree on those points.

Until they can establish mutually beneficial trade, they should be treated with suspicion.

Forum List

Back