Zone1 If you don't worship God, you will worship a lesser-than-God entity

This topic reminds me of the song "Gotta Serve Somebody" by Bob Dylan.

It's really true that people who don't honor God will inevitably substitute God with something lesser. For the sake of argument we can call that lesser entity a false god.

That false god can be anything they put first in their life. Money, a person, politics, sex, drugs, alcohol, or it can be themselves. A lot of people think of themselves as their own god. Anything that a person puts first in their life becomes their "god."

The problem with that is, it's in opposition to reality. There IS a power greater than you. Whether you acknowledge that highest power or not. I've learned that wisdom and life doesn't even begin until you stop fighting reality and just accept it.

So as the song says, you're gonna have to serve somebody...

And my answer to that is what Joshua said:

"And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”​

I have noticed this in my experiences in life:

If a person does not adhere to the Laws of God--as first given us through the Jewish people and then carried forward by Jesus Christ-- that person will worship something less than that.

They will worship a political party, even when said party says it's OK to murder children

Even when that party says Let all the violent criminals (OK, just half) out of jail even though we know they will attack and kill law abiding Americans again

Even when that party says there should be no wall at the border and just any old stranger should be let in, despite some illegals committing crimes, including rape and murder, against Americans

and etc... etc... etc
I dont worship anything.
You are a very binary person. That must suck.

If a person does not adhere to the Laws of God--as first given us through the Jewish people and then carried forward by Jesus Christ-- that person will worship something less than that.

They will worship a political party, even when said party says it's OK to murder children

Even when that party says Let all the violent criminals (OK, just half) out of jail even though we know they will attack and kill law abiding Americans again

Even when that party says there should be no wall at the border and just any old stranger should be let in, despite some illegals committing crimes, including rape and murder, against Americans

and etc... etc... etc
Curious that the 'Laws of God' have changed so dramatically over the millennia. Just saying.

As for abortion, every Christian that believes life begins at conception should celebrate every abortion since a fetus must be sinless and headed straight to heaven. Once born, that child has plenty of opportunity to blaze a path to eternal damnation.

and etc... etc... etc

The Old Testament says it's a sin to move border stones.

Jesus didn't say anything in the Bible.

The New Testament was written over the course of around 100 years following the death of Jesus, by people who never spoke to him or knew him...
another lie.

Just bc some books in the New T were written (not 100 years following the death of Christ but) 40- 50 or so years after.. doesn't mean the authors didn't know Jesus.

every Christian that believes life begins at conception should celebrate every abortion since a fetus must be sinless and headed straight to heaven. Once born, that child has plenty of opportunity to blaze a path to eternal damnation.
that is beside the point. We do not want to become murderers and end up in eternal perdition ourselves. It is we who sin, not the baby so yeh.. and babies likely dying while a baby do not necessarily go directly to Heaven, though they do not go to Hell or Purgatory either.. Only God knows such things

another lie.

Just bc some books in the New T were written (not 100 years following the death of Christ but) 40- 50 or so years after.. doesn't mean the authors didn't know Jesus.

Okay.

Which ones knew Jesus and were able to accurately recall exactly what Jesus said 40-50 years after he died?

And, for the record, the New Testament was started between 40 and 50 years after Jesus died. It's pretty widely accepted that it wasn't finished for decades; about 100 years later...

LOL. I'm sorry, this just too good to pass up a response to.
It looks like you all found someone "less than that" to worship since 2015.
yeh, maybe. But even if that is so by the definition of God Himself

better than worshipping a baby killer who thinks even babies up to 9 months old should be aborted, no problem

better than worshipping a moron who leaves Americans behind in countries they were told to fight in..

roll eyes

Okay.

Which ones knew Jesus and were able to accurately recall exactly what Jesus said 40-50 years later?

And, for the record, the New Testament was started between 40 and 50 years afte r Jesus died. It's pretty widle accepted that it wasn't finished for decades...
kind of hard to forget accounts, whether first hand or not, of the Crucifixion and then the Resurrection..

Also: Even non-believing historians give accounts of such.

But hey... while you may claim that God cannot be proven

you cannot prove He doesn't exist either.

so we're "even" on that kinda thing..

I don't "worship" anyone.

Okay, maybe my smokin' hot Puerto Rican girlfriend, but that's about the extent of it...
that's a lie

Human beings worship all kinds of things. Me, I'd rather worship a perfect and holy God than... I dunno... some dumb schmuck human being who will likely break my heart, disappoint me thousands of times.. cheat on me... who knows what. I've been alone for a long time and in that time, I haven't found one human being who was worth giving up Jesus for.. not one.

kind of hard to forget accounts, whether first hand or not, of the Crucifixion and then the Resurrection..

The idea of a grave robbing is far more likely to be true than that of a resurrection...

Also: Even non-believing historians give accounts of such.

And?

I don't suggest at all that Jesus wasn't nailed to a cross...

But hey... while you may claim that God cannot be proven

you cannot prove He doesn't exist either.

You're asking that I prove a negative.

That's stupid...

so we're "even" on that kinda thing..

No, we're not. You lose this argument...

The name God was a Babylonian idol of good luck. At least the Germans came up with Gott.

that's a lie

Prove it...

Me, I'd rather worship a perfect and holy God than... I dunno... some dumb schmuck human being who will likely break my heart, disappoint me thousands of times.. cheat on me... who knows what.

Before you start to ease your way into disparaging the loved ones of forum members, you better acquaint yourself with the rules here.

But I will say that you sound awfully bitter...

I've been alone for a long time

No kidding...

and in that time, I haven't found one human being who was worth giving up Jesus for.. not one.

Jesus, as some holy being, is a myth...

This topic reminds me of the song "Gotta Serve Somebody" by Bob Dylan.

It's really true that people who don't honor God will inevitably substitute God with something lesser. For the sake of argument we can call that lesser entity a false god.

That false god can be anything they put first in their life. Money, a person, politics, sex, drugs, alcohol, or it can be themselves. A lot of people think of themselves as their own god. Anything that a person puts first in their life becomes their "god."

The problem with that is, it's in opposition to reality. There IS a power greater than you. Whether you acknowledge that highest power or not. I've learned that wisdom and life doesn't even begin until you stop fighting reality and just accept it.

So as the song says, you're gonna have to serve somebody...

And my answer to that is what Joshua said:

"And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”​
nice read here. Thanks :)

The piglets are cute :)

Anyway, yeh.. there is a lot false god worship in the US today but of course no one calls it that.

They call it "success" a lot of the time (worship of $$)

that is beside the point. We do not want to become murderers and end up in eternal perdition ourselves. It is we who sin, not the baby so yeh.. and babies likely dying while a baby do not necessarily go directly to Heaven, though they do not go to Hell or Purgatory either.. Only God knows such things
So having a child is selfish because you risk your child's eternal soul for your pleasure of raising a child and your fear of the consequences. So you're not only selfish but a coward?

Forum List

Back