If you could pick ONE Superhero for your Team who would you pick and why?

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Basically this is a thread where I tell you why Magneto is the best character ever created lol. No seriously tho...Magneto has the most badass powers ever

Magneto's mutant power gives him mastery over all forms of magnetism. He can perceive the magnetic forces of the Earth as well as the bio-electrical patterns of all living beings. He can draw on and use the magnetosphere of the planet, which extends far into space. Magneto can use his vast power to reshape even the most indestructible metals, including theadamantium in Wolverine's skeleton. He been shown controlling the most insignificant magnetic particles in the both atmosphere and in living beings, reversing their blood flow or ripping out any ferrous elements through their tissues.

Magneto can create electromagnetic fields strong enough to manipulate non-ferrous items, though he may be using anti-gravity fields to do this. He has demonstrated the ability to lift thousands of tons with his magnetic powers, although the greater he exerts himself the greater the physical and mental stress he undergoes. Magneto has the ability to increase his physical attributes by directing his magnetic powers inward. He has been seeing increasing his physical strength and durability, as well as his speed and reaction time.

Magneto can create powerful magnetic force fields for personal protection, project blasts of electricity or magnetic energy, and generate powerful electromagnetic pulses. He can also assemble complicated machines within seconds through the use of his powers. Although Magneto's primary power is the control over magnetism, he can also manipulate any form of energy from the electromagnetic spectrum. This includes visible light, radio waves, ultraviolet light, gamma rays, and x-rays. It is more difficult for Magneto to manipulate other forms of energy, so he predominately only uses magnetism.

After his exposure to an attack from the Phoenix Force, Magneto's powers have been greatly reduced. He has shown limits in only being able to dismantle a few sentinels at a time, and has been forced to become more precise in his attacks, resulting in him using metallic objects as projectiles more frequently. Magneto has also shown he can overexert himself rather quickly, resulting in physical harm. Despite these limits, Magneto has still shown the ability to fly and use his powers in a precise and accurate manner. Recently, in a fit of rage, he made a skyscraper collapse. Perhaps this shows his powers are returning to their once former glory or that in cases of extreme emotion, his powers get stronger than their current state.

I made this thread after seeing images for the new Aquaman Movie

B-RAWTjCcAAF81b.jpg

Aquaman is a total badass but because of the green and orange suit and talking to fish people think he's some typa bitch lol...

Not at all...We'll see 2016

More on Magneto

"The primary application of his power is control over magnetism and the manipulation of ferrous and nonferrous metal. While the maximum amount of mass he can manipulate at one time is unknown, he has moved large asteroids several times and effortlessly levitated a 30,000 ton nuclear submarine." Magneto comics - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia Yeah, that's right. In the opening paragraph of his wikipedia page he's already moving goddamn asteroids. But there's more! "His powers extend into the subatomic level (insofar as the electromagnetic force is responsible for chemical bonding), allowing him to manipulate chemical structures and rearrange matter, although this is often a strenuous task." Yes he can fucking manipulate matter too. He's one of only a dozen characers listed as being able to do that, including the Phoenix and Mr Manhattan from watchmen. Subatomic Manipulation - Superpower Wiki

Dr. freakin' Manhattan.

He transcends time and space and shiet.

BeFunky_Watchmen__Dr__Manhattan_by_mexicanpryde2000.jpg

Good pick!

Powers and abilities
Jon is the only character in the Watchmen series to explicitly possess superhuman abilities (although the details of the plot presuppose the existence of genuine human psychics, cf. Robert Deschaines). Throughout Watchmen, he is shown to be immensely powerful and seemingly invulnerable to all harm; even when his body is disintegrated, he can reconstruct it from atoms (in less than a minute the second time this happened). Jon has complete awareness of and control over atomic and subatomic particles. He can alter his body's size, coloration, density, and strength. He does not need food, water, or air, and is, for all intents and purposes, immortal. He can teleport himself and others over great (even interplanetary and perhaps intergalactic) distances.

Jon's near-limitless powers are further amplified in comparison to the apparent lack of any other "super-powered" individuals. Although Veidt is obviously the second-most dangerous person, as Jon himself observes, "...the world's smartest man poses no more of a threat to me than does it's smartest termite."

In addition to these powers, Jon is able to phase any part of his body through solid objects without damaging them, produce multiple copies of himself which function independently of each other, project destructive energy, disintegrate people (possibly by removing their intrinsic fields, which causes the targetic to come apart explosively), create force fields, transmute and create matter, move objects without physically touching them (telekinesis), reverse entropy, and, he suggests, create life and walk on the surface of the sun. At one point it is stated that, in the event of a nuclear war, he would be capable of destroying upwards of 99% of all Soviet nuclear missiles while at the same time 'destroying' large areas of Russia. As a result of these capabilities, Jon becomes central to the United States' Cold War strategy of deterrence.

Due to his non-linear perception of time, he sees the past, present and future simultaneously, although he doesn't claim omniscience.

Superman. No question.

I've always hated that guy

Maybe so, but if your looking for a team member he's the first round pick.

I shoulda said "except superman because thats not fair"

I mean seriously...how do you create a super hero with...like....17 powers?

Seriously, you create one the same way all the others are created. You make 'em up. But I think Superman only has maybe 6 actual powers.

Superman. No question.

I've always hated that guy

Maybe so, but if your looking for a team member he's the first round pick.

I shoulda said "except superman because thats not fair"

I mean seriously...how do you create a super hero with...like....17 powers?

Seriously, you create one the same way all the others are created. You make 'em up. But I think Superman only has maybe 6 actual powers.
Hmm super strength, flight, super speed, laser vision, ice breath, doesn't have to breathe, x-ray vision, invulnerability (not infinite), super healing, super sight, super hearing, super smell... am I missing anything?

Forum List

Back