if WAR broke out between CONSERVATIVES & LIBERALS who would win?

You said you are black right? Did you miss the 50s and 60s? Lynchings, firebombings, beatings, attack dogs, fire hoses, riots, war protests, assassinations

And you call today a tinder box?

I absolutely do. No, I did NOT miss the 50s and 60s. I remember, quite well, the looks that we got from white people. That was fear. I was somewhat fortunate in that my Father was an Officer in the Air Force and we were fairly well shielded from a lot of the strife that occurred then. However, I also remember my Father telling my Brother and I that this was "necessary" for ALL Americans to be free. I also, remember, unfortunately, that my Dad was NOT a fan of Dr King.

Again, those times were hard, no doubt. Laws were changed and they were changed BECAUSE Americans understood that we are either all created equal or we are not. Blacks stood up for what was right and refused to sit down and America prevailed for the good of the nation. However, pie in the sky theories of "getting along" just don't happen because a law tells us that it should. America has been slowly plodding along for years, trying to come full circle.

In my opinion, laws such as "equal opportunity" have merely helped stagnate progress over the years. Blacks can not have it both ways. If we are "equal", we don't need to be considered in place of someone more qualified. We don't need LBJs "Great Society" nonsense which did little more than make slaves (once again) of black people. A people can NOT give up one form of slavery for another. And THIS is where I part company completely with "liberal" thought.

Today, I see liberals seeking to tear down - not build up. My view of liberals is that liberals are the folks who planted trees along the Champs Elysees in Paris so the Nazis could march in the shade. And, until liberals begin doing something, ANYTHING, to prove me wrong, that will remain my view.

After the civil rights act was passed, affirmative action and equal rights laws were a necessary followup. The natural reaction of racists was....Well you can pass all the laws you want but you cannot make me hire one of those negroes. Well, government could. If you did business with either the state or federal government you had better show you had a representative workforce and not just point to the colored guy sweeping floors
If your dad was in the military, he benefitted from affirmative action. In the 40s and 50s blacks in the military served as cooks and menial labor. High skilled MOSs were reserved for whites. The military was one of the first to implement affirmative action. And it worked
Affirmative action worked. Not just for blacks but women, Hispanics and the disabled. Up until affirmative action certain jobs were reserved for women, blacks and Hispanics. Management positions were for white males only. Now, nobody looks twice at a female or black executive. We even have one in the White House

How about some affirmative action for white people at the post office. Or the DMV. Or the NBA the NFL.
And since we now have a black pres we should end all affirmative action right?
In a lot of cases blacks have become their own worst enemy. To many of them embrace the gangster attitude and then complain when they cant get a job.
Obviously this can be a problem with whites as well. The sixties were a good example.........long haired freaky people need not apply.
When you try to buck the system and get fucked,you only have yourself to blame these days.

I absolutely do. No, I did NOT miss the 50s and 60s. I remember, quite well, the looks that we got from white people. That was fear. I was somewhat fortunate in that my Father was an Officer in the Air Force and we were fairly well shielded from a lot of the strife that occurred then. However, I also remember my Father telling my Brother and I that this was "necessary" for ALL Americans to be free. I also, remember, unfortunately, that my Dad was NOT a fan of Dr King.

Again, those times were hard, no doubt. Laws were changed and they were changed BECAUSE Americans understood that we are either all created equal or we are not. Blacks stood up for what was right and refused to sit down and America prevailed for the good of the nation. However, pie in the sky theories of "getting along" just don't happen because a law tells us that it should. America has been slowly plodding along for years, trying to come full circle.

In my opinion, laws such as "equal opportunity" have merely helped stagnate progress over the years. Blacks can not have it both ways. If we are "equal", we don't need to be considered in place of someone more qualified. We don't need LBJs "Great Society" nonsense which did little more than make slaves (once again) of black people. A people can NOT give up one form of slavery for another. And THIS is where I part company completely with "liberal" thought.

Today, I see liberals seeking to tear down - not build up. My view of liberals is that liberals are the folks who planted trees along the Champs Elysees in Paris so the Nazis could march in the shade. And, until liberals begin doing something, ANYTHING, to prove me wrong, that will remain my view.

After the civil rights act was passed, affirmative action and equal rights laws were a necessary followup. The natural reaction of racists was....Well you can pass all the laws you want but you cannot make me hire one of those negroes. Well, government could. If you did business with either the state or federal government you had better show you had a representative workforce and not just point to the colored guy sweeping floors
If your dad was in the military, he benefitted from affirmative action. In the 40s and 50s blacks in the military served as cooks and menial labor. High skilled MOSs were reserved for whites. The military was one of the first to implement affirmative action. And it worked
Affirmative action worked. Not just for blacks but women, Hispanics and the disabled. Up until affirmative action certain jobs were reserved for women, blacks and Hispanics. Management positions were for white males only. Now, nobody looks twice at a female or black executive. We even have one in the White House

How about some affirmative action for white people at the post office. Or the DMV. Or the NBA the NFL.
In a lot of cases blacks have become their own worst enemy. To many of them embrace the gangster attitude and then complain when they cant get a job.
Obviously this can be a problem with whites as well. The sixties were a good example.........long haired freaky people need not apply.
When you try to buck the system and get fucked,you only have yourself to blame these days.

You do know the NFL still has a huge problem of blacks being over looked for coaching postions. and please do not tell me the best Nascar drivers in the U.S.A. are 5' 4" preatty boy white guys.

You do know the NFL still has a huge problem of blacks being over looked for coaching postions. and please do not tell me the best Nascar drivers in the U.S.A. are 5' 4" preatty boy white guys.

Thats a real bitch.....
But when winning means money,you can bet the owner is going to hire the best man for the job regardless of skin color.
Oh and in case you missed it....we have a black president. A stupid black president,but a black president none the less.

Actually, I think we are a far better country than in the 50s and 60s

Well, personal opinion is subjective. Mine is, yours is. I think the America today is a tender box just waiting for the right set of circumstances. You don't. It's all good.

You said you are black right? Did you miss the 50s and 60s? Lynchings, firebombings, beatings, attack dogs, fire hoses, riots, war protests, assassinations

And you call today a tinder box?

There was a civil rights struggle as democrats fought to keep black people from their rights. It was largely confined to limited areas in the south. Those areas miight have been called a tinder box. That isn't what we have today. Today we have the entire nation bathed in vitriol for dozens of reasons.

Thats a real bitch.....
But when winning means money,you can bet the owner is going to hire the best man for the job regardless of skin color.
Oh and in case you missed it....we have a black president. A stupid black president,but a black president none the less.

What are you talking about? Danica won the pole at Daytona and took what 12th at martinsville? beating both tony and jr.? You trying to tell me Jimmy is the best Nascar driver in all of america? yea right......

If Conservatives won, Libbies would be singing a different tune:

[ame=http://youtu.be/nbGthv-dJp4]Get A Job-The Silhouettes-original song-1957 - YouTube[/ame]

Please tell me you aren't so stupid that you don't even know what the southern strategy was. Though from looking at your posts, intelligence isn't one of your strong suits.

Black Label? I think you better re-examine your knowledge of American History as it pertains to the issue of slavery and the south.

The roots of the Republican Party lay in the opposition to slavery, which took a variety of forms in the pre–Civil War era. Some opponents of slavery looked to political methods as a way of attacking the institution. Unable to find sufficient support in the dominant Democratic or Whig parties, antislavery men launched the Liberty party in 1840. Soon thereafter, antislavery forces fixed on a specific issue—opposition to the extension of slavery into U.S. territories. In 1848 this led to the formation of the Free Soil party. Although both these third parties quickly faded away, they helped crystallize attitudes on the issue of slavery. As the political climate heated up in the 1850s, the existing two-party system collapsed with the disappearance of the Whig party and the splintering of the Democratic Party. Out of this political upheaval emerged the Republican Party.

The Republican Party was born in an outburst of protest against the Kansas-Nebraska bill in 1854. The bill provided that the question of slavery in the proposed territories of Kansas and Nebraska would be left to the residents of each territory. This enraged opponents of slavery because it repealed the Compromise of 1820, which banned slavery in that area. Northerners committed to the principle of free soil held the first anti-Nebraska gatherings in February 1854. After passage of the Kansas-Nebraska Act in the spring, opponents of the measure held a series of conventions that led to the formation of the Republican Party.

And?

The Republicans were the liberal faction of the Whigs.

After the civil right act, Dixiecrats fled the Democratic party and joined up with the Republicans. Since then, Republicans have been purging itself of Liberals in favor of racists.

I seem to remember the Republicans standing on the side of Civil Rights, while the Democrats still stood in opposition. This racist "theory" stemming from a party that still refers to Conservative African American Republicans as "Uncle Tom", is rather interesting to say the least. Yes, Sallow I am well aware, and still hear where these ORIGINS of "race" to label those we often don't agree with - comes from.

Black Democratic leaders in Maryland say that racially tinged attacks against Lt. Gov. Michael S. Steele in his bid for the U.S. Senate are fair because he is a conservative Republican.
Such attacks against the first black man to win a statewide election in Maryland include pelting him with Oreo cookies during a campaign appearance, calling him an “Uncle Tom” and depicting him as a black-faced minstrel on a liberal Web log.

'Party trumps race' for Steele foes - Washington Times

Dr. Ben Carson Strikes Back at MSNBC's Toure Neblett: I'm No Uncle Tom | MRCTV

Republican Party Has Another ?Oreo? Candidate | The Tax Lawyer's Blog

Liberal Madison(Wi) Talk Show Host Calls Condi Rice Aunt Jemima !!!

http://dailycaller.com/2011/02/07/n...ainst-clarence-thomas-at-progressive-protest/

Last edited:
Black Label? I think you better re-examine your knowledge of American History as it pertains to the issue of slavery and the south.

And?

After the civil right act, Dixiecrats fled the Democratic party and joined up with the Republicans. Since then, Republicans have been purging itself of Liberals in favor of racists.

I seem to remember the Republicans standing on the side of Civil Rights, while the Democrats still stood in opposition. This racist "theory" stemming from a party that still refers to Conservative African American Republicans as "Uncle Tom", is rather interesting to say the least. Yes, Sallow I am well aware, and still hear where these ORIGINS of "race" to label those we often don't agree with - comes from.

Black Democratic leaders in Maryland say that racially tinged attacks against Lt. Gov. Michael S. Steele in his bid for the U.S. Senate are fair because he is a conservative Republican.
Such attacks against the first black man to win a statewide election in Maryland include pelting him with Oreo cookies during a campaign appearance, calling him an “Uncle Tom” and depicting him as a black-faced minstrel on a liberal Web log.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/02/07/n...ainst-clarence-thomas-at-progressive-protest/

Another moron who is unable to distinguish the difference between the Republican party and Conservatives

And?

Another moron who is unable to distinguish the difference between the Republican party and Conservatives

Apparently I have already gone through the effort to present several cases where Conservative African American Republicans are the target of liberals who choose to attack through the use of racial slurs (rather than a discussion of political differences and leadership direction), simply because of the "conservative" values they represent within the Republican Party. The hatred projected through these racial commentaries are pretty evident with the links I provided above. The burden of proof to state otherwise is clearly in your corner.

With respect to the Republican Party on civil rights:

Segregation: Democrats Opposed Civil Rights – Republicans Championed Civil Rights
the record shows that since 1933 Republicans had a more positive record on civil rights than the Democrats.

In the 26 major civil rights votes after 1933, a majority of Democrats opposed civil rights legislation in over 80 percent of the votes. By contrast, the Republican majority favored civil rights in over 96 percent of the votes.

Republicans and Civil Rights

The Civil Rights Act provided protection of voting rights; banned discrimination in public facilities—including private businesses offering public services—such as lunch counters, hotels, and theaters; and established equal employment opportunity as the law of the land.

As Senator Byrd took his seat, House members, former senators, and others—150 of them—vied for limited standing space at the back of the chamber. With all gallery seats taken, hundreds waited outside in hopelessly extended lines.

Georgia Democrat Richard Russell offered the final arguments in opposition. Minority Leader Everett Dirksen, who had enlisted the Republican votes that made cloture a realistic option, spoke for the proponents with his customary eloquence. Noting that the day marked the 100th anniversary of Abraham Lincoln's nomination to a second term, the Illinois Republican proclaimed, in the words of Victor Hugo, "Stronger than all the armies is an idea whose time has come." He continued, "The time has come for equality of opportunity in sharing in government, in education, and in employment. It will not be stayed or denied. It is here!"

Never in history had the Senate been able to muster enough votes to cut off a filibuster on a civil rights bill. And only once in the 37 years since 1927 had it agreed to cloture for any measure.
U.S. Senate: Art & History Home > Historical Minutes > 1964-Present > Civil Rights Filibuster Ended
http://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/minute/Civil_Rights_Filibuster_Ended.htm

Last edited:

Apparently I have already gone through the effort to present several cases where Conservative African Republicans are the target of liberals who choose to attack through the use of racial slurs (rather than a discussion of political differences and leadership direction), simply because of the "conservative" values they represent within the Republican Party. The hatred projected through these racial commentaries are pretty evident with the links I provided above. The burden of proof to state otherwise is clearly in your corner.

You are once again completely missing the point......there were no hard and fast rules in the 50s and 60s that Republicans had to be conservative

Forum List

Back