If unions are so fucking great then why do they have to force people to join?

No. I see that sometimes people act badly. I see cops at concerts and ballgames. Can you not see how ludicrous that is?

So you equate a work environment to that of one with a bunch of drunk people?

No, I hold individuals responsible for their own behavior not entire groups. Some union workers and some non-union workers behave badly. Some concert goers and some sports fans behavior badly.

Nonsense. Without the unions "scabs" would not need police protection. Period

The individual acting badly, while responsible for his behavior, was placed in that situation BECAUSE OF THE UNIONS.

ASSHOLE....when the UAW blackmailed the US auto industry into paying workers $80/hour....that is theft, you fucking piece of shit.

When the auto companies can't fire workers to save the company going under, instead being forced to pay them 80% of their salary to sit on their ass....that is criminal, you piece of shit.

So why should some piece of shit make 80% more than others in the workforce because he and his co-workers got to together to blackmail their employer???

Go to hell you piece of shit.

Actually all those bullshit benefits and bloated salaries will go away once the unions lose members and their ability to blackmail management into bullshit contracts. That is why unions and their goons are mad....the gravy train will go away once workers that just like normal paychecks and aren't into stealing from the company want to work.

Bye-bye asswipes....

actually, thats what you should be saying about the "right to work" people, they are getting all the benifits with out being apart of the system, also grand pa, are you a fat cat? i hope so, cause if not you are making an argument against: teachers, firefighters, police, steel workers, auto, the list goes on.

so what your saying is you want the "gravy train" to go away from the workers, and just get added to the bosses bloated "gravy train". No that is not right, workers have the right to orginize and SHOULD. I will never say the bosses can do whatever they want. with out unions 95% of american workers are fucked. Like I said, from a managments point of view, they want to pay the worker bottom dollar, and make the product at the buttom line. and in doing so, people get over worked, under paid, and they product takes hit as well, just so profit margins hit record levels. thats wrong.

A trade show at the Javits Convention Center in NYC. Our company's product display booth consisted of 6 modules that connected together and each had a cord to power its lighting. The male end of one module's cord connected into the female end of its neighboring module's cord and so on. Total time needed to make all six connections was less than a minute. But no one from the company could perform such a highly unskilled task. Instead, we were required to hire one of the union electricians on site, at $80-something an hour for a TWO-HOUR minimum.

But no sweat. In the end our bean counters factored the expense into the cost of our products to our accounts, who in turn passed it along to the consuming public. So I always look for that friggin' union label, and then look for an alternative without one.

omg... convention centers just crack me up... Its a total union scam! You cant move a box of papers in and out.... you have to have a union worker do it.

So asswipe, you claim companies can violate Federal labor laws put in place right now???

Unions aren't there to protect anyone but their union dues that are stolen by local and national leaders.....mafia members.

So I didn't realize McDonalds was working their people 80 hours a week in illegal conditions....please tell.

Oh, in today's society with the internet, blogs, 24/7 media, cell phones, etc....it's impossible for some company to set up a sweat shop in Detroit....so shut the fuck up.

After the strike is over, the police aren't there to protect non-union workers inside the plant.

Non-union members are threatened by union goons if they cross the line. 1 person going up against 10 union goons in the break room is a losing fight.

Unions are scum....and those goons in Michigan need to have their heads smashed in when they attacked innocent people.

so we should revert back to sweat shops, 80 hour work weeks? when the employer wants to fire you with no due cause, if your gay, or a minority, safety in the work place? you do know that WORKERS having the right to protect them selves and to come to the table and negoate with management is VERY important, I hope you do.

No, in Mc's here is what they do, I have a few friends who are managers there. First off only full time employies have access to unions/benifits. So when they hire some one, they hire them at 39 hours a week, cause once you hit 40 your considered full time. Also yes COMPANIES DO CHEAT and allow unsafe work places, figuring they will just take the small fine. look at all the coal mining accadents. you do know in all other 1st world countries workers have the right to orgnize, only in 3rd world countries they dont, do you want to revert back to 3rd world status in our work place. CLearly you have your head up your ass, and your a fucking race baiting toolbag. with your avatar.

After the strike is over, the police aren't there to protect non-union workers inside the plant.

Non-union members are threatened by union goons if they cross the line. 1 person going up against 10 union goons in the break room is a losing fight.

Unions are scum....and those goons in Michigan need to have their heads smashed in when they attacked innocent people.

The light bulb in your head should be going off when you say one employee needs police protection from another.

Can you not see how ludacrist that is?

No. I see that sometimes people act badly. I see cops at concerts and ballgames. Can you not see how ludicrous that is?

We are a nation of laws and anyone, union or not is subject to the laws.

Do you think all cases of workplace violence are union driven?

How many anti-union people have been union members?

How many even know how unions work?

How many get their information from anti-union propaganda?

The truth is there are lies being told on this thread about unions. Honestly unions are neither all good nor all bad and all unions are not the same nor do they all operate the same. There is also public employee unions and private employee unions.

Using someone else's political talking points makes people look misinformed.

There are labor laws and the unions must operate under them. Do unions have flaws? You bet. I despise that they align with any party automatically.

Two things....

My ex father inlaw was the Missouri chapter president for IBEW and I saw and heard firsthand the bullshit tactics they employed to get work and what they did when things didn't go the way they wanted.

Secondly I was picketed for months on a large commercial job because we werent union. Future contracts with that company were lost to foreign companies thanks to the negative publicity.

Fuck the unions

Do you really think a good worker will automatically become a bad worker because he or she is a union member? We all work by our own rules of integrity and no union can change your freedom to perform a fair and honest day's work. See Labor laws if that is not clear to some of you. Do you think non-union workers are automatically good workers and union members are automatically bad workers?

Do you oppose the right to freely assemble for a cause? I would like to know the details on that picketing because the devil is in the details.

I think some unions are flawed terribly but no company has to accept any union contract at the bargaining table. They can reject it. So keep that in mind that unions contracts have two separate entities signed on the dotted line.

Question.... If a worker isn't productive, failing to do an honest days work, shows up late all the time, is found taking extra smoking breaks, with witnesses that can support these claims .... which would be easier to fire -- the union member or non-union worker?

ASSHOLE....when the UAW blackmailed the US auto industry into paying workers $80/hour....that is theft, you fucking piece of shit.

When the auto companies can't fire workers to save the company going under, instead being forced to pay them 80% of their salary to sit on their ass....that is criminal, you piece of shit.

So why should some piece of shit make 80% more than others in the workforce because he and his co-workers got to together to blackmail their employer???

Actually all those bullshit benefits and bloated salaries will go away once the unions lose members and their ability to blackmail management into bullshit contracts. That is why unions and their goons are mad....the gravy train will go away once workers that just like normal paychecks and aren't into stealing from the company want to work.

Bye-bye asswipes....

so what your saying is you want the "gravy train" to go away from the workers, and just get added to the bosses bloated "gravy train". No that is not right, workers have the right to orginize and SHOULD. I will never say the bosses can do whatever they want. with out unions 95% of american workers are fucked. Like I said, from a managments point of view, they want to pay the worker bottom dollar, and make the product at the buttom line. and in doing so, people get over worked, under paid, and they product takes hit as well, just so profit margins hit record levels. thats wrong.

if you want to argue in the manner you are, you will lose, my point is all workers should get benfits, the bosses keep them down, you are framing the argument in the wrong way. it only helps the 1% when everyone else is fighting with each other. fuck you were tricked you stupid fucking racist POS.

Liberal scum tell us if the unions go away and quit stealing dues from workers....then companies will steal from the workers.....insane logic.

This as if Federal laws don't prevent companies from violating any worker's rights today, nevermind when unions go away for good.

There are no sweat shops, haven't been any here for decades and won't be decades from now without unions around.

Unions now are busy inventing harsh working conditions like the break room isn't big enough and doesn't have enough snack food machines, or the snack food should be FREE. Unions aren't shutting down child labor shops, workers being forced to work 10 hours overtime without pay, etc.

Unions are just leaches that don't want to lose their stupid hosts. They are lying out their ass about the world coming to an end if they're not allowed to blackmail companies and workers to let them keep stealing everyone's money for the Democraps.

Burn in hell you piece of shit....

if you want to argue in the manner you are, you will lose, my point is all workers should get benfits, the bosses keep them down, you are framing the argument in the wrong way. it only helps the 1% when everyone else is fighting with each other. fuck you were tricked you stupid fucking racist POS.

I was in a Union until I got injured... And they did nothing for me. They took my money, played golf, and drank beer.

Unions claim to protect workers from the evil companies. Who protects the workers from the unions?

Grandpa, your age shows, your thinking is outdated. you swallowed one to many of Rons happy pills, stop watching faux news, and start doing your own homework. there are educated people who actually publish real shit and who are life long students of social science, watching hannity( who is a hack) is not helping you out.

If 10 union goons corner some guy in the break room to join or face physical/mental assaults until he quits....most times that person keeps their mouth shut and they join the union goons to keep their job.

You are clueless about stupid knuckle dragger men that end up working in unions....they beat up people in grade school and continue to do it as so-called adults so that they get overpaid to pay for their lifestyle and booze/drugs.

Burn in hell you piece of shit....

take off your white sheet, you little fucking racist, you cant hide, you will be found one day, and when you are, you will have to answer the call.

If 10 union goons corner some guy in the break room to join or face physical/mental assaults until he quits....most times that person keeps their mouth shut and they join the union goons to keep their job.

You are clueless about stupid knuckle dragger men that end up working in unions....they beat up people in grade school and continue to do it as so-called adults so that they get overpaid to pay for their lifestyle and booze/drugs.

tell me where I can find this info? in writing? also how many people die every year int he work place due to un safe conditions that could have been prevented. your a fucking racist tool, piece of shit and you cant even answer my question or make a good arguement. I bet you fell for the ronald regan "welfare queen" story as well, didnt ya. fuck your a hack.

Unions claim to protect workers from the evil companies. Who protects the workers from the unions?

Grandpa, your age shows, your thinking is outdated. you swallowed one to many of Rons happy pills, stop watching faux news, and start doing your own homework. there are educated people who actually publish real shit and who are life long students of social science, watching hannity( who is a hack) is not helping you out.

I don't watch Hannity. I've seen maybe 30 minutes of him over the last 2 or 3 months. I find out what he said from all you lefties who seem to love him you watch him so much

I said go Burn in Hell.....now go kill yourself.

tell me where I can find this info? in writing? also how many people die every year int he work place due to un safe conditions that could have been prevented. your a fucking racist tool, piece of shit and you cant even answer my question or make a good arguement. I bet you fell for the ronald regan "welfare queen" story as well, didnt ya. fuck your a hack.

The light bulb in your head should be going off when you say one employee needs police protection from another.

Can you not see how ludacrist that is?

So you equate a work environment to that of one with a bunch of drunk people?

I don't know. I've seen a few big union rallys at the state capital, where members traveled down by the bus loads ... 2/3 of those used the opportunity to make their way into local bars instead. They figured, what the hell, they had their own designated driver for the trip home.

Two things....

My ex father inlaw was the Missouri chapter president for IBEW and I saw and heard firsthand the bullshit tactics they employed to get work and what they did when things didn't go the way they wanted.

Secondly I was picketed for months on a large commercial job because we werent union. Future contracts with that company were lost to foreign companies thanks to the negative publicity.

Fuck the unions

Do you really think a good worker will automatically become a bad worker because he or she is a union member? We all work by our own rules of integrity and no union can change your freedom to perform a fair and honest day's work. See Labor laws if that is not clear to some of you. Do you think non-union workers are automatically good workers and union members are automatically bad workers?

Do you oppose the right to freely assemble for a cause? I would like to know the details on that picketing because the devil is in the details.

I think some unions are flawed terribly but no company has to accept any union contract at the bargaining table. They can reject it. So keep that in mind that unions contracts have two separate entities signed on the dotted line.

Question.... If a worker isn't productive, failing to do an honest days work, shows up late all the time, is found taking extra smoking breaks, with witnesses that can support these claims .... which would be easier to fire -- the union member or non-union worker?

Honest answer. The non-union worker.

I have repeatedly stated that unions are flawed. But so are companies. Some unions protect bad workers. Some companies sometimes keep and promote bad workers.

I am not of the belief that this is a black hat/white hate scenario like too many here it seems. I am neither anti-union nor anti-corporate. I am pro-American worker and I am terribly concerned that too few, in or out of government, give a damn about the American worker.

Forum List

Back