If Trump Has NPD; It's The Reason He's "Successful"....But Also Unfit To Lead

Someone with NPD can...

• ...not serve in the military

• ...serve in the military but should never rise to a commanding position.

• ..serve in the military and have any position.. So what?

• ..not sure. I never thought of Trump as a Commander in Chief above the generals even.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Very few people understand how insidious actual NPD is. I doubt they "knew" about NPD. They probably suspect he has a big ego; but that is different from uncontrollable NPD. I'll guarantee you that virtually none of the people who voted for Trump have an inkling of how profound and dangerous the disease is. If they did, if they knew it like I know it, they could not have physically chosen Trump for dog catcher, much less president..

Trump could have eaten live babies on stage, and the misogynists, racists and homophobes ...s.

I stopped reading here. Shove your race card, you asshole.

Calm down. You panic mongered during the election. That was wrong of you, but it is over now.

Now, recall that you were LYING. It is sad that you are in a panic from your own propaganda.

The gap between your world view and reality will begin diverging the moment Trump starts actually DOING STUFF, and it is not crazy.

Your Fuhrer is fucking things up even before he takes office.

Hey, remember when you said he was going to bring back all the jobs for the uneducated whites?

Nope, he appointed a labor secretary who thinks that you all should be paid less or replaced by machines.

Good going there, buddy.

Calm down. You panic mongered during the election. That was wrong of you, but it is over now.

Now, recall that you were LYING. It is sad that you are in a panic from your own propaganda.

The gap between your world view and reality will begin diverging the moment Trump starts actually DOING STUFF, and it is not crazy.

Your Fuhrer is fucking things up even before he takes office.

Stopped reading here. YOur Godwin in noted. Your post is invalid.

Here in lies the problem that the right wing has been railing about for quite some time. The US has put too much power in the President. Starting wars without approval of Congress to lying under oath with no real consequence. We have raised the position of President to a position it does not deserve. Presidents are just people. PEOPLE make mistakes. One would think a group of people make less mistakes, thus the US government at its best. But we are far from the best. Power has been ceded to both the president and the SCOTUS. A few deciding for the many, not a good system.

Stopped reading here. YOur Godwin in noted. Your post is invalid.

Dun, der Cleetus, just because you are too dumb to recognize a Nazi when you see one doesn't make them any the less Nazis..

I told you to shove your race card, you asshole. Fuck you.

sorry, man... I know that on some level, you know your racism is wrong, but it's really on you to fix it.

Here in lies the problem that the right wing has been railing about for quite some time. The US has put too much power in the President. Starting wars without approval of Congress to lying under oath with no real consequence.

yes, the right wing has proven time and time again they can't be trusted with the presidency, which is why they've only one the popular vote once in the last 30 years.

We have raised the position of President to a position it does not deserve. Presidents are just people. PEOPLE make mistakes. One would think a group of people make less mistakes, thus the US government at its best. But we are far from the best. Power has been ceded to both the president and the SCOTUS. A few deciding for the many, not a good system.

Guy, the problem with that theory is that we only really have "problem" when its you people running things. I would LOVE to have my life from 2000 back before Bush fucked up everything.

If Trump couldn't pass a psyche exam to enlist as a basic recruit in the Army; he cannot be found to be mentally fit to be the CIC of the Army or any other branch of military.

Narcissistic personality disorder has no place whatsoever in the military. Much less a commanding position in it.

Diseases and Conditions
Narcissistic personality disorder
Narcissistic personality disorder Symptoms - Mayo Clinic

• Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
  • Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
  • Exaggerating your achievements and talents
  • Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
  • Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people
  • Requiring constant admiration
  • Having a sense of entitlement
  • Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations
  • Taking advantage of others to get what you want
  • Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
  • Being envious of others and believing others envy you
  • Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner
Although some features of narcissistic personality disorder may seem like having confidence, it's not the same. Narcissistic personality disorder crosses the border of healthy confidence into thinking so highly of yourself that you put yourself on a pedestal and value yourself more than you value others.

Narcissism: The Hidden Cost of Success

Narcissism: The Hidden Cost of Success | Global Family Business Consultants | LGA
Manfred Kets De Vries, a European management expert, has suggested that a certain degree of narcissism is necessary to spark and sustain the courage and tenacity that drives the Henry Fords’ and Bill Gates’ of this world. Narcissism is often a reason why entrepreneurs choose to blaze their own trails.

Once family business founders have succeeded, however, the stature and privilege success bestows can create an unhealthy narcissism, too, characterized by a craving for attention and approval, a fixation with success and public recognition, and a lack of empathy for others. If not understood, this dark side can threaten the health of the business and the competence of would-be successors....

Narcissism and Toxic Leaders (US Military)

http://usacac.army.mil/CAC2/MilitaryReview/Archives/English/MilitaryReview_20130228_art012.pdf

It is too simplistic to imply that all narcissistic behaviors are inevitably toxic. However, when narcissism becomes a disorder (like alcoholism, drug addiction, and depression), the results hurt morale and group effectiveness and can potentially lead to disaster. Signs of a leader being narcissistic to the detriment of a unit include—

Being a poor listener.

Being overly sensitive to criticism.

Taking advantage of others to achieve one’s
own goals.

Lacking empathy or disregarding the feelings
of others.

Having excessive feelings of self-importance
(arrogance).

Exaggerating achievements or talents.

Needing constant attention and admiration.

Reacting to criticism with rage, shame, or
humiliation.

Being preoccupied with success or power.

As noted by Richard Wagner in “Smart People Doing Dumb Things: The Case of Managerial Incompetence”— Narcissistic individuals also tend to be egotistical, manipulative, self-seeking and exploitative. Narcissists do not accept suggestions from others. Doing so might make them appear weak, which conflicts with their need for self-enhancement. Some narcissists have such an inflated self-confidence that they do not believe that others have anything useful to say to them...

Trump: I don't need daily briefings

Trump has been given the daily intelligence briefing just a handful of times since winning the White House last month, alarming some in the national security community....“You know, I'm, like, a smart person. I don't have to be told the same thing in the same words every single day for the next eight years.... I don't need that.”

As Trump continues inexplicably to act as if on campaign still..in order to bask in the admiration of crowds...while refusing tips from his closest advisors because he's "a smart person"....If Trump has NPD, is he fit to be CIC?

Discuss.
A perfect description of Obama.

True. So start a thread about Obama's NPD. This thread is about if Trump has it or not; and the implications if he does. Between the two, I would say that Obama has it but not as malignantly as Trump. Obama has a sort of bumbling form of it bordering on just being spoiled as a child; as many kids of white hippy moms are. Psychologists make a distinction between just excessive self indulgence and malignant narcissism.

True. So start a thread about Obama's NPD. This thread is about if Trump has it or not; and the implications if he does. Between the two, I would say that Obama has it but not as malignantly as Trump. Obama has a sort of bumbling form of it bordering on just being spoiled as a child; as many kids of white hippy moms are. Psychologists make a distinction between just excessive self indulgence and malignant narcissism.
lol Obama has a much more severe case of it. Obama believed he had a right to be president despite the fact that he had never held a job in which he was responsible for the outcomes of his decisions, whereas while Trump has a bombastic personality, he also has a record of achievements to support his high opinion of himself.

lol Obama has a much more severe case of it. Obama believed he had a right to be president despite the fact that he had never held a job in which he was responsible for the outcomes of his decisions, whereas while Trump has a bombastic personality, he also has a record of achievements to support his high opinion of himself.

OK, so we are at least on the same page as you, a Trump supporter, saying he has a "bombastic personality". You need to stop right there and consider that people with bombastic personalities no longer have control over their personality. Now let that also sink in for a minute. Trump has been successful in the relatively mild climate of the business world because the wimps he took advantage of to get success merely cowered at Trump's whip. Do you think KGB-raised Vlad Putin is a wimp? Do you think the Chinese, whose army is larger than the US population's men, women and children, are "wimps"?

With diabolically clever and manipulative men like Putin and his Chinese pals, a person running our country who does not have control over his own personality IS A NATIONAL SECURITY THREAT. Don't think that Putin hasn't noticed that Trump becomes highly agitated when insulted and goes on for days about what normal people consider trivial slights in the big picture. Don't think also that Putin hasn't noticed that Trump also mindlessly gloats for days like a stuffed peacock when he perceives adoring praise. Don't think that Putin has missed that Trump's "thank you tours" (that Trump now promises will continue after he's sworn in) are nothing but "fawn over me and adore me even more!!" tours like a drug to placate an addict's obession.

The KGB trains its agents like Putin, in deep psychological manipulation. Obama's particular form of self-obsession worked well for the time and day when if we actually bit the bait Russia & China, via their proxies in N. Korea and the ME, have been literally begging us to chomp on, an all out war from 2008-present would've buckled our economy for good. And this is Russia & China's true goal for us; not war. Why fight when you can defeat your target by forcing him to his knees?

Trump's personality will be alternately stroked by Russia & China, while their proxies do the opposite: goading him to anger and hasty action....refusing good advice from people who know better. If that doesn't bother you, then you don't have a mind. Remember, if Trump has NPD, he actually believes he is smarter than Putin and the skillful, quiet and adept leaders of China's intelligence. And, that type of miscalculation should scare the boots off of you.

Trump has fooled his supporters into thinking his success in business came from his intelligence and command over his personality. It wasn't. It was only a reflexive product of brute force. And in a game where the stakes are much less severe for losing...though I do recall he has declared bankruptcy a number of times..

In the world theater, the stakes are quite a bit higher for playing the mindless brute. If we had to take on N. Korea, Iran, China and Russia right now in a Trump-baited military engagement, we would have our asses handed to us. That's a grim fact related to their success at damaging our economy. (with help from an unnecessary and illegal scheme courtesy of Dickhead Cheney and his BigOil pals) The Chinese have recently launched anti-satellite missiles into orbit; spelling out the next phase of things should Trump bite the bait.

The Russians & Chinese are proceeding judiciously for now because they don't want other countries to catch on and join in allegiance with us. They want us ridiculed..our allies uncertain if the the allegiance to our escalating immaturity and evident insanity is really worth the losses they will sustain in much closer proximity to them. Having an unstable and as you say "bombastic" personality in command of the world's largest nuclear arsenal is playing right into that perception Russia & China are trying to diplomatically impart to other countries in the UN. Trump is a disaster on multiple levels if I am correct in what our enemies are up to.

Last edited:
If Trump couldn't pass a psyche exam to enlist as a basic recruit in the Army; he cannot be found to be mentally fit to be the CIC of the Army or any other branch of military.

Narcissistic personality disorder has no place whatsoever in the military. Much less a commanding position in it.

Diseases and Conditions
Narcissistic personality disorder
Narcissistic personality disorder Symptoms - Mayo Clinic

• Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
  • Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
  • Exaggerating your achievements and talents
  • Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
  • Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people
  • Requiring constant admiration
  • Having a sense of entitlement
  • Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations
  • Taking advantage of others to get what you want
  • Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
  • Being envious of others and believing others envy you
  • Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner
Although some features of narcissistic personality disorder may seem like having confidence, it's not the same. Narcissistic personality disorder crosses the border of healthy confidence into thinking so highly of yourself that you put yourself on a pedestal and value yourself more than you value others.

Narcissism: The Hidden Cost of Success

Narcissism: The Hidden Cost of Success | Global Family Business Consultants | LGA
Manfred Kets De Vries, a European management expert, has suggested that a certain degree of narcissism is necessary to spark and sustain the courage and tenacity that drives the Henry Fords’ and Bill Gates’ of this world. Narcissism is often a reason why entrepreneurs choose to blaze their own trails.

Once family business founders have succeeded, however, the stature and privilege success bestows can create an unhealthy narcissism, too, characterized by a craving for attention and approval, a fixation with success and public recognition, and a lack of empathy for others. If not understood, this dark side can threaten the health of the business and the competence of would-be successors....

Narcissism and Toxic Leaders (US Military)

http://usacac.army.mil/CAC2/MilitaryReview/Archives/English/MilitaryReview_20130228_art012.pdf

It is too simplistic to imply that all narcissistic behaviors are inevitably toxic. However, when narcissism becomes a disorder (like alcoholism, drug addiction, and depression), the results hurt morale and group effectiveness and can potentially lead to disaster. Signs of a leader being narcissistic to the detriment of a unit include—

Being a poor listener.

Being overly sensitive to criticism.

Taking advantage of others to achieve one’s
own goals.

Lacking empathy or disregarding the feelings
of others.

Having excessive feelings of self-importance
(arrogance).

Exaggerating achievements or talents.

Needing constant attention and admiration.

Reacting to criticism with rage, shame, or
humiliation.

Being preoccupied with success or power.

As noted by Richard Wagner in “Smart People Doing Dumb Things: The Case of Managerial Incompetence”— Narcissistic individuals also tend to be egotistical, manipulative, self-seeking and exploitative. Narcissists do not accept suggestions from others. Doing so might make them appear weak, which conflicts with their need for self-enhancement. Some narcissists have such an inflated self-confidence that they do not believe that others have anything useful to say to them...

Trump has been given the daily intelligence briefing just a handful of times since winning the White House last month, alarming some in the national security community....“You know, I'm, like, a smart person. I don't have to be told the same thing in the same words every single day for the next eight years.... I don't need that.”

As Trump continues inexplicably to act as if on campaign still..in order to bask in the admiration of crowds...while refusing tips from his closest advisors because he's "a smart person"....If Trump has NPD, is he fit to be CIC?

Discuss.
That's it!
You need mental help pal.
Permanent Ignore.

OK, so we are at least on the same page as you, a Trump supporter, saying he has a "bombastic personality". You need to stop right there and consider that people with bombastic personalities no longer have control over their personality. Now let that also sink in for a minute. Trump has been successful in the relatively mild climate of the business world because the wimps he took advantage of to get success merely cowered at Trump's whip. Do you think KGB-raised Vlad Putin is a wimp? Do you think the Chinese, whose army is larger than the US population's men, women and children, are "wimps"?

With diabolically clever and manipulative men like Putin and his Chinese pals, a person running our country who does not have control over his own personality IS A NATIONAL SECURITY THREAT. Don't think that Putin hasn't noticed that Trump becomes highly agitated when insulted and goes on for days about what normal people consider trivial slights in the big picture. Don't think also that Putin hasn't noticed that Trump also mindlessly gloats for days like a stuffed peacock when he perceives adoring praise. Don't think that Putin has missed that Trump's "thank you tours" (that Trump now promises will continue after he's sworn in) are nothing but "fawn over me and adore me even more!!" tours like a drug to placate an addict's obession.

The KGB trains its agents like Putin, in deep psychological manipulation. Obama's particular form of self-obsession worked well for the time and day when if we actually bit the bait Russia & China, via their proxies in N. Korea and the ME, have been literally begging us to chomp on, an all out war from 2008-present would've buckled our economy for good. And this is Russia & China's true goal for us; not war. Why fight when you can defeat your target by forcing him to his knees?

Trump's personality will be alternately stroked by Russia & China, while their proxies do the opposite: goading him to anger and hasty action....refusing good advice from people who know better. If that doesn't bother you, then you don't have a mind. Remember, if Trump has NPD, he actually believes he is smarter than Putin and the skillful, quiet and adept leaders of China's intelligence. And, that type of miscalculation should scare the boots off of you.
You know there are free online dictionaries so you could have saved yourself all the time and effort you put into this nonsensical post if you had just learned what the word bombastic means.

Artificially-inflated. That's what bombastic means. Trump has an artificially inflated view of himself as smarter than Putin and the Chinese (and our own) intelligences combined. And, that is a very dangerous personality trait right now as China & Russia prepare to keep baiting us to war via their proxies.

Forum List

Back