If Trump Has NPD; It's The Reason He's "Successful"....But Also Unfit To Lead

Someone with NPD can...

• ...not serve in the military

• ...serve in the military but should never rise to a commanding position.

• ..serve in the military and have any position.. So what?

• ..not sure. I never thought of Trump as a Commander in Chief above the generals even.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
If Trump couldn't pass a psyche exam to enlist as a basic recruit in the Army; he cannot be found to be mentally fit to be the CIC of the Army or any other branch of military.

Narcissistic personality disorder has no place whatsoever in the military. Much less a commanding position in it.

Diseases and Conditions
Narcissistic personality disorder
Narcissistic personality disorder Symptoms - Mayo Clinic

• Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
  • Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
  • Exaggerating your achievements and talents
  • Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
  • Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people
  • Requiring constant admiration
  • Having a sense of entitlement
  • Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations
  • Taking advantage of others to get what you want
  • Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
  • Being envious of others and believing others envy you
  • Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner
Although some features of narcissistic personality disorder may seem like having confidence, it's not the same. Narcissistic personality disorder crosses the border of healthy confidence into thinking so highly of yourself that you put yourself on a pedestal and value yourself more than you value others.

Narcissism: The Hidden Cost of Success

Narcissism: The Hidden Cost of Success | Global Family Business Consultants | LGA
Manfred Kets De Vries, a European management expert, has suggested that a certain degree of narcissism is necessary to spark and sustain the courage and tenacity that drives the Henry Fords’ and Bill Gates’ of this world. Narcissism is often a reason why entrepreneurs choose to blaze their own trails.

Once family business founders have succeeded, however, the stature and privilege success bestows can create an unhealthy narcissism, too, characterized by a craving for attention and approval, a fixation with success and public recognition, and a lack of empathy for others. If not understood, this dark side can threaten the health of the business and the competence of would-be successors....

Narcissism and Toxic Leaders (US Military)

http://usacac.army.mil/CAC2/MilitaryReview/Archives/English/MilitaryReview_20130228_art012.pdf

It is too simplistic to imply that all narcissistic behaviors are inevitably toxic. However, when narcissism becomes a disorder (like alcoholism, drug addiction, and depression), the results hurt morale and group effectiveness and can potentially lead to disaster. Signs of a leader being narcissistic to the detriment of a unit include—

Being a poor listener.

Being overly sensitive to criticism.

Taking advantage of others to achieve one’s
own goals.

Lacking empathy or disregarding the feelings
of others.

Having excessive feelings of self-importance
(arrogance).

Exaggerating achievements or talents.

Needing constant attention and admiration.

Reacting to criticism with rage, shame, or
humiliation.

Being preoccupied with success or power.

As noted by Richard Wagner in “Smart People Doing Dumb Things: The Case of Managerial Incompetence”— Narcissistic individuals also tend to be egotistical, manipulative, self-seeking and exploitative. Narcissists do not accept suggestions from others. Doing so might make them appear weak, which conflicts with their need for self-enhancement. Some narcissists have such an inflated self-confidence that they do not believe that others have anything useful to say to them...

Trump: I don't need daily briefings

Trump has been given the daily intelligence briefing just a handful of times since winning the White House last month, alarming some in the national security community....“You know, I'm, like, a smart person. I don't have to be told the same thing in the same words every single day for the next eight years.... I don't need that.”

As Trump continues inexplicably to act as if on campaign still..in order to bask in the admiration of crowds...while refusing tips from his closest advisors because he's "a smart person"....If Trump has NPD, is he fit to be CIC?

Discuss.

I suspect that, for the most part, one has to be somewhat narcissistic or otherwise self-centered in order to be sufficiently attracted to positions of power to go to the lengths needed to achieve such positions. Mrs. Clinton would certainly be no better than Mr. Trump, in this respect, nor would the vast majority of others who have credibly sought the position of President of the United States. We've certainly observed this trait very strongly, to an exceptional degree, from Mr. Obama. At worst, Mr. Trump can only be an improvement over that.

If Trump couldn't pass a psyche exam to enlist as a basic recruit in the Army; he cannot be found to be mentally fit to be the CIC of the Army or any other branch of military.

Narcissistic personality disorder has no place whatsoever in the military. Much less a commanding position in it.

The military doesn't do psych exams before enlistment. Usually, if someone has a psychological problem, it usually shows up during boot camp.

Now, I have no doubt that Trump suffers from NPD. That isn't a disqualifier for office. No more than Clinton's sexual dysfunction or Lincoln's depression.

If the electors go through with it tomorrow, he's president. Period.

Diseases and Conditions

• Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
  • Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
  • Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people
  • Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
Although some features of narcissistic personality disorder may seem like having confidence, it's not the same. Narcissistic personality disorder crosses the border of healthy confidence into thinking so highly of yourself that you put yourself on a pedestal and value yourself more than you value others.

Narcissism: The Hidden Cost of Success | Global Family Business Consultants | LGA
Manfred Kets De Vries, a European management expert, has suggested that a certain degree of narcissism is necessary to spark and sustain the courage and tenacity that drives the Henry Fords’ and Bill Gates’ of this world. Narcissism is often a reason why entrepreneurs choose to blaze their own trails.

Once family business founders have succeeded, however, the stature and privilege success bestows can create an unhealthy narcissism, too, characterized by a craving for attention and approval, a fixation with success and public recognition, and a lack of empathy for others. If not understood, this dark side can threaten the health of the business and the competence of would-be successors....

http://usacac.army.mil/CAC2/MilitaryReview/Archives/English/MilitaryReview_20130228_art012.pdf

It is too simplistic to imply that all narcissistic behaviors are inevitably toxic. However, when narcissism becomes a disorder (like alcoholism, drug addiction, and depression), the results hurt morale and group effectiveness and can potentially lead to disaster. Signs of a leader being narcissistic to the detriment of a unit include—

Being a poor listener.

own goals.

of others.

(arrogance).

humiliation.

As noted by Richard Wagner in “Smart People Doing Dumb Things: The Case of Managerial Incompetence”— Narcissistic individuals also tend to be egotistical, manipulative, self-seeking and exploitative. Narcissists do not accept suggestions from others. Doing so might make them appear weak, which conflicts with their need for self-enhancement. Some narcissists have such an inflated self-confidence that they do not believe that others have anything useful to say to them...

Trump has been given the daily intelligence briefing just a handful of times since winning the White House last month, alarming some in the national security community....“You know, I'm, like, a smart person. I don't have to be told the same thing in the same words every single day for the next eight years.... I don't need that.”

As Trump continues inexplicably to act as if on campaign still..in order to bask in the admiration of crowds...while refusing tips from his closest advisors because he's "a smart person"....If Trump has NPD, is he fit to be CIC?

Discuss.
He's going to be your President.

I'm hoping for good things even though I didn't vote for him, and I'll happily celebrate any and all of them.

That would mean that I was wrong. Big deal, I'd get over that pretty quickly if things are going well for the country.

How about you?

Diseases and Conditions

Being a poor listener.

own goals.

of others.

(arrogance).

humiliation.

Discuss.

The word "if" totally destroys your entire OP.

I'm hoping for good things even though I didn't vote for him, and I'll happily celebrate any and all of them.

That would mean that I was wrong. Big deal, I'd get over that pretty quickly if things are going well for the country.

How about you?

Nope. He's made racism and misogyny acceptable in the public discourse. Nothing he's going to later take credit for that other people will do will make up for that.

You see, this is what you don't get... he's made our politics courser by reducing it to the level of a Reality TV show. Much like Reality TV has made our culture dumber, Trump has made our politics dumber.

Actually three professional psychiatrist, two from Harvard and one from Cal, sent a letter to Obama saying that Trump should have an independent evaluation to see if he is indeed "fit" to be POTUS.

Actually three professional psychiatrist, two from Harvard and one from Cal, sent a letter to Obama saying that Trump should have an independent evaluation to see if he is indeed "fit" to be POTUS.

Like somehow that's within Obama's power to make happen? LOL!

That link you provided to back up your claim is very persuasive. GFY.

Diseases and Conditions

Being a poor listener.

own goals.

of others.

(arrogance).

humiliation.

Discuss.

It's also why he lies so much --- lies which are always about himself (Self being the only thing that matters to an NPD) and his ongoing seventy years of never taking any responsibility for anything ever. Lies like "I was always against the Iraq war" or "I never went bankrupt". It's complete self-delusion, which is by definition a disconnection from reality. A complete severance from the real world is generally not considered advantageous for anyone, let alone a head of fucking state.

It continues to astound me that anybody voted to put into the most responsible position in the world, an orange clown who has never taken any kind of responsibility for anything in his life. Or even ever held a job. That's a mindfuck. P.T. Barnum wildly underestimated.

That link you provided to back up your claim is very persuasive. GFY.

There is no need to provide a link to Trump supporters. You only believe Trump, even when he lies.

There is no need to provide a link to Trump supporters. You only believe Trump, even when he lies.

like you and the rest of our friends on the left believed Obama when he said he found out about Hilldawg's home brewed server on the news "like everyone else"?

e5084240.gif

Diseases and Conditions

Being a poor listener.

own goals.

of others.

(arrogance).

humiliation.

Discuss.

6c40a497a52b612ee44828cd9c31d823.jpg

like you and the rest of our friends on the left believed Obama when he said he found out about Hilldawg's home brewed server on the news "like everyone else"?

e5084240.gif

I'm not a leftie... and I've said all along she should be in jail for the stuff she's done. WTF is wrong with you Trump supporters? I go through this every thread with you retards.

How about you?

Nope. He's made racism and misogyny acceptable in the public discourse. Nothing he's going to later take credit for that other people will do will make up for that.

You see, this is what you don't get... he's made our politics courser by reducing it to the level of a Reality TV show. Much like Reality TV has made our culture dumber, Trump has made our politics dumber.

Racism has been deemed "acceptable" since Democrats made hating whites part of their platform.

Misogyny has been acceptable since the days of BJ Clinton.

e5084240.gif

I'm not a leftie... and I've said all along she should be in jail for the stuff she's done. WTF is wrong with you Trump supporters? I go through this every thread with you retards.

It's easy to confuse you with a progressive retard, since you usually sound just like them.

Forum List

Back