If This Had Been Reported 3 Weeks Ago?

I don't think Obama really thought this through.

God Bless Atlas Shrugged.

Hostess telling the bastards in the unions to go screw themselves. Papa John is on the brink.

Denny's CEO is laying it on the table. I love it.

18,000 lib morons are now going to be on the dole. YAY.

You dumb fucks.

I don't think you understand what "on the brink" means.

Indeed.

And a majority of the voters correctly understood the depth and severity of the December 2007 recession, that it was ridiculous to expect a ‘quick’ recovery, or for any president of any party to ‘fix’ the economy in under four years.

Why are we rocking and you are floundering?

Simple question to you a liberal.

Why are you so fucked?

Had this come out 3 weeks earlier, it would not have changed a damn thing.

The idiots that stayed home on GOP side, still would have sat it out.
&
The drones that voted for Obama because of his race, would still be racists.

We Con$ just need to get out of the way and pray we make through this with as little damage as possible, because it is going to get much uglier before it gets better.
Sooner or later we will be saying " see I told you fools this would happen! "

Then again, I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Had this come out 3 weeks earlier, it would not have changed a damn thing.

The idiots that stayed home on GOP side, still would have sat it out.
&
The drones that voted for Obama because of his race, would still be racists.

We Con$ just need to get out of the way and pray we make through this with as little damage as possible, because it is going to get much uglier before it gets better.
Sooner or later we will be saying " see I told you fools this would happen! "

Then again, I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

You are speaking to my point of view. The conservatives should forcefully state their opposition to the ideas underlying proposals of legislation and EO's, then go along with them, justifying such via electoral results. "We heard what the people want, we're not going to oppose their will, though we disagree for the following reasons..."

Now maybe it will all turn out terrific and we'll have one party rule. Somehow, I don't think that will happen, but Lord knows, I never thought this disaster would be re-elected. So maybe it will all be great. If so, we'll all benefit.

AmyNation with all due respect, I put out the "on the brink" for a reason.

I am a very successful businesswoman with accolades out the ying yang (your version of Grammys but I have a gold, platinum and double platinum up here and a Juno award) that I won with my second husband.

I've also been retired and partying down for quite a while now.

When I put out "on the brink" I did it for a reason. The brink is when and I do believe that this is what these executives at Hostess were facing is not a financial brink.Although that comes into play.

It's when you hit the point that you know the union is determined to nuke you. There lies the message.

The brink is deciding, well if they all hate me, screw them. Fold the company. Screw the people I have given jobs to for decades and pass.

Now what company have you ever run? I'm not asking this to be a smart ass. I'm just wondering if you understand this.

Have they recently changed your medication? Serious question. Because your posts remind me of a bipolar friend of mine when she's "up".

All I did was ask you if you understood business. You can slag me all you want. I don't care.

And why would I little AmyNation?

What business have you run so that you can talk on my level? I don't want to insult you, but what experience do you have in the business world?

So we can truly chat?

Indeed.

And a majority of the voters correctly understood the depth and severity of the December 2007 recession, that it was ridiculous to expect a ‘quick’ recovery, or for any president of any party to ‘fix’ the economy in under four years.

Why are we rocking and you are floundering?

Simple question to you a liberal.

Why are you so fucked?
Definition of a liberal is to be fucked.

I am a very successful businesswoman with accolades out the ying yang (your version of Grammys but I have a gold, platinum and double platinum up here and a Juno award) that I won with my second husband.

When I put out "on the brink" I did it for a reason. The brink is when and I do believe that this is what these executives at Hostess were facing is not a financial brink.Although that comes into play.

It's when you hit the point that you know the union is determined to nuke you. There lies the message.

The brink is deciding, well if they all hate me, screw them. Fold the company. Screw the people I have given jobs to for decades and pass.

Now what company have you ever run? I'm not asking this to be a smart ass. I'm just wondering if you understand this.

Have they recently changed your medication? Serious question. Because your posts remind me of a bipolar friend of mine when she's "up".

In fairness, it sounds like she probably does have a fair amount of experience in running businesses into the ground.

"Screw them, fold the company" has to be up there with "Fuck it, we'll do it live!" Unbalanced words to live by.

All I did was ask you if you understood business. You can slag me all you want. I don't care.

And why would I little AmyNation?

What business have you run so that you can talk on my level? I don't want to insult you, but what experience do you have in the business world?

So we can truly chat?

No, what your doing is trying to dodge how silly your original post was, by attempting to steer the conversation away from it.

I have no desire to whip out the ruler and get into the preverbial dick measuring contest with you. Not only because it has no relation to your attempt to inflate a story, but because the Internet adds 5 inches, a cup size, and a couple of zeros to everyone's bank account.

Last edited:

This was/is not just another recession. US banks were in literal collapse. The symbiotic nature of the global economy, far more symbiotic than in the 1930's, exacerbated an already horrific meltdown. The unwinding of this disaster could easily take another five to ten years.

Comparing this to other recessions is an exercise in naivete, political partisanship, or both.

Agreed. Someone is either lying or naive when they say the recession was cyclic & should be well over.
The excess in spending, the orgy in spending, is the cause of the lack of recovery. Some folks never will understand economics.

However, bowing to the great minds here at USMB and the US electorate as a whole, I do believe that the most 'conservatives' should do is to voice their opposition and get out of the way. Let those that won, lead and prosper or fail. Whichever.

link?

In fairness, it sounds like she probably does have a fair amount of experience in running businesses into the ground.

"Screw them, fold the company" has to be up there with "Fuck it, we'll do it live!" Unbalanced words to live by.

Yes, I can just imagine that stockholders meeting

"profits are up 25% this year, but cost will go up in the future. I suggest we close shop and storm off in protest!"

"profits are up 25% this year, but cost will go up in the future. I suggest we close shop and storm off in protest!"

Ah, somehow I'm imagining more words dripping with contempt for the moochers exchanging their labor for wages and benefits. You've really got to hate your employees to deliberately torpedo your operation out of a philosophy of "screw 'em!"

I'm rock and roll. Truly greenbeard. I rocked it till I dropped. I loved everyone one on staff, let alone the road crews.

Family man. These people were my family.

We hit out coast to coast for years on end. They were my family. When we hit out that we would finally fold, everyone was taken care of.

Ah, somehow I'm imagining more words dripping with contempt for the moochers exchanging their labor for wages and benefits. You've really got to hate your employees to deliberately torpedo your operation out of a philosophy of "screw 'em!"

You have no idea do you?

Atlas shrugged.

It will take a new generation of historians and economists to look honestly at the Great Recession. At that time, the Community Reinvestment Act will get its due.

Atlas shrugged.

Like most angst ridden, anti-authority teenagers, I both read, and loved Atlas Shrugged... and then I became an adult.

Forum List

Back