Zone1 If the US were to declare itself a Christian nation, what version of Christianity would you think it would be?

If the US declared itself a Christian nation, what version of Christianity would it be?

• Roman Catholic

• Protestant (name the denomination in a comment)

• Mormon

• Generic Christian

Results are only viewable after voting.
But the topic has been discussed in other threads, so I wanted to ask this question.
What is best is that a nation be a nation of religions, not a nation with one religion. All religions should be in the public square and in the public schools. It should also be known throughout the nation having no religion is equally acceptable.

I mind my own business. The religious zealot is incapable of that. Where does free will figure into the Christian nation argument?
But you don't. You force your religion down the throats of school aged children every day as well as those who make not get a vaccine or wear a mask you deem necessary or they should not get treated medically if they do have issues.

You are a fascist.

Why not follow the teachings of Jesus on prayer?

Jesus’ teaching on prayer (Matthew 6:5-8)​

Summary​

Jesus taught, “When you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men … but when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your father who is unseen.”
Another theological midget.

Public prayer was in no way prohibited in the NT or even OT

Thanks for playing.

Our representative Republic is actually fashioned on the structure of the Presbyterian Church.

I mind my own business. The religious zealot is incapable of that. Where does free will figure into the Christian nation argument?
So I should mind my own business as you stick your nose into everyone else's business?

It don't work that way.

So I should mind my own business as you stick your nose into everyone else's business?

It don't work that way.
Yes you should mind your own business. Jesus said so. Amazing how many Christian nationalists ignore the words of Jesus as they go around ignoring the beam permanently lodged in their eye.

But you support stripping all religion from the public square, like taking the Ten Commandments out of courtrooms and preventing kids from praying in school.

Isn't that right?

provide the etched tablets from the heavens and they could be included in civil settings - otherwise keep your forgeries and fallacies to yourself and try not breaking laws and using them for your excuse to persecute and victimize the innocent.

moses the liar saw their instruction for liberation theology, self determination and destroyed them.

Yes you should mind your own business. Jesus said so. Amazing how many Christian nationalists ignore the words of Jesus as they go around ignoring the beam permanently lodged in their eye.
And it's amazing how many Christians sit idly by while gender confusion has exploded in schools all around the country because of the crap you infuse into them, to the tune of up 4000%.

The reason the Left took power and have free reign over indoctrinating their children is Christians let it happen.

provide the etched tablets from the heavens and they could be included in civil settings - otherwise keep your forgeries and fallacies to yourself and try not breaking laws and using them for your excuse to persecute and victimize the innocent.

moses the liar saw their instruction for liberation theology, self determination and destroyed them.
Listen dolt

Leave our children the hell alone

Got it?

Now go play in the street.

Just like the Taliban, you must be so proud.

Taliban? I'd love to see them get their hands on American leftist women!

No one is at all surprised that a halfway well crafted point just goes whizzing right over your head.

"Christian Nationalists". :laughing0301:

You must have busted a sweat thinking up that one!

What is best is that a nation be a nation of religions, not a nation with one religion. All religions should be in the public square and in the public schools. It should also be known throughout the nation having no religion is equally acceptable.

that's what's in the constitution - their own churches ... the separation of church and state is what is the public domain as also included in the constitution. "public" schools.

And it's amazing how many Christians sit idly by while gender confusion has exploded in schools all around the country because of the crap you infuse into them, to the tune of up 4000%.

The reason the Left took power and have free reign over indoctrinating their children is Christians let it happen.
The most at risk children in this country are the ones christian parents willingly put in the hands of clergy and church leaders to molest without fear of ever being held responsible. Worry about that shit first. I saw it happen first hand growing up and have no reason to expect it is any better now. There was a deacon who happened to own the land the church was built on who had been there long enough to have molested three generations of girls. He died in his bed surrounded by weeping loved ones who knew exactly what he was. Religion is all too often a respectable facade for monsters.

The most at risk children in this country are the ones christian parents willingly put in the hands of clergy and church leaders to molest without fear of ever being held responsible. Worry about that shit first. I saw it happen first hand growing up and have no reason to expect it is any better now. There was a deacon who happened to own the land the church was built on who had been there long enough to have molested three generations of girls. He died in his bed surrounded by weeping loved ones who knew exactly what he was. Religion is all too often a respectable facade for monsters.
Idiot

The biggest problem in this society is fatherless homes, leading to poverty and crime, something leftists promote with all their BS anti-Patriarchal crap.

And if those promoting the Bible actually followed it, unlike Reverend Warnock, then society would be much better

So you in favor of not promoting the Bible that preaches against molestation of children?

Hmm?

Is that your Leftist utopia?

I realize you are a Left wing cult member and who will promptly reject what I'm about to tell you about the ills of society, but maybe others can learn the truth.

FATHERLESSNESS IN THE UNITED STATES

• Approximately 18,395,000 children in the United States live without a biological father, stepfather, or adoptive father present in the home.
  • 23% of children in the United States are raised by a single parent. This is more than three times the world average (7%) of children raised by a single parent, the highest rate of any country in the world.
  • Fatherless children are more likely to suffer from psychosocial development issues, live in poverty, drop out of school, engage in school violence, abuse substances, and enter the juvenile justice system.
  • Approximately 41% of children are born to unwed mothers. For women under age 30, the out-of-wedlock rate increases to 53%.
  • Single fathers are absent from approximately 80% of single-parent homes.
FATHERLESS CHILDREN AND RISK FACTORS

FATHERLESS CHILDREN AND JUVENILE DELINQUENCY

• Fatherless children are three times more likely to be behind bars by the time they are 30 years old.
  • Fatherless children are more likely to suffer from alcohol and substance abuse, participate in school violence, and engage in impulsive and delinquent behavior.
  • From 1980 to 2010, the arrest data of fatherless boys ages 10 to 14 increased by 50%.
  • Most adolescents who enter the justice system have suffered from parental abandonment, substance abuse, or a dysfunctional household. In a study of 75 juvenile delinquents, 66% experienced fatherlessness, 20% had never lived with their father, and 25% had an alcoholic father.
  • Minimal parental involvement, unstable family dynamics, and the development of attachment issues—all common consequences of a fatherless home—contribute to an increased risk of juvenile delinquency.
  • Fatherless children are 20 times more likely to be incarcerated than children raised in dual-parent households.
FATHERLESSNESS AND SCHOOL VIOLENCE

• 71% of teachers and 90% of law enforcement officials state that the lack of parental supervision at home is a major factor that contributes to violence in schools.
  • In a study of 56 school shootings, only 10 of the shooters (18%) were raised in a stable home with both biological parents. 82% grew up in either an unstable family environment or grew up without both biological parents together.

Taliban? I'd love to see them get their hands on American leftist women!

No one is at all surprised that a halfway well crafted point just goes whizzing right over your head.

You want to control women's bodies, just like the Taliban does.

Forum List

Back