Zone1 If the US were to declare itself a Christian nation, what version of Christianity would you think it would be?

If the US declared itself a Christian nation, what version of Christianity would it be?

• Roman Catholic

• Protestant (name the denomination in a comment)

• Mormon

• Generic Christian

Results are only viewable after voting.

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
First, let me say that I am adamantly opposed to the amending of the 1st amendment. I think our current way of doing it is far superior. And I would fight against the US adopting ANY official religion.

But the topic has been discussed in other threads, so I wanted to ask this question.

First, let me say that I am adamantly opposed to the amending of the 1st amendment. I think our current way of doing it is far superior. And I would fight against the US adopting ANY official religion.

But the topic has been discussed in other threads, so I wanted to ask this question.
Evangelical Christians, you know, the ones who cherry-pick the bible and take charge of women's bodies.

Evangelical Christians, you know, the ones who cherry-pick the bible and take charge of women's bodies.
People should be free to find God on their own terms and not talked down to by people like yourself who could care less about God.

Declaring ourselves a predominantly Christian nation is NOT an endorsement of any one religion nor is it an establishment of religion...

There is no need to declare any specific denomination of Christianity.

In truth, it is a silly thing to say. We are individuals and each person who is in a position of governing should look to the morality their religion teaches them, but should not in any way, seek to enforce their religious beliefs upon any other individual.

That is how it is designed to work. Let it.

People should be free to find God on their own terms and not talked down to by people like yourself who could care less about God.

I am not talking down to anyone. I simply asked a question which is relevant to several discussions involving the US becoming a Christian nation.

I support anyone's religious beliefs and their right to worship as they choose. I would fight just as hard against outlawing Christianity as I would against making this a theocracy.

I am not talking down to anyone. I simply asked a question which is relevant to several discussions involving the US becoming a Christian nation.

I support anyone's religious beliefs and their right to worship as they choose. I would fight just as hard against outlawing Christianity as I would against making this a theocracy.
But you support stripping all religion from the public square, like taking the Ten Commandments out of courtrooms and preventing kids from praying in school.

Isn't that right?

The kind that makes it righteous to murder infidels in the name of the lord.
This is what makes me think the US will become a theocracy, with the state leading the pulpit

This is right down Reverend Warnock's alley the Left is taking us towards.

Imagine if he were a Republican. The Left would be all up in arms about separation of church and state, but since the Left has no conscience or soul, they will do what they need to do for power.

The asshat Warnock wants us all to believe Jesus loves abortion.

But you support stripping all religion from the public square, like taking the Ten Commandments out of courtrooms and preventing kids from praying in school.

Isn't that right?

I support removing religion from the public square and taking the 10 commandments out of courtrooms if they are the ONLY religious displays allowed, yes.

If other religions are allowed it is a different situation.

I support removing religion from the public square and taking the 10 commandments out of courtrooms if they are the ONLY religious displays allowed, yes.

If other religions are allowed it is a different situation.
If you went to a Muslim country that is secular, you would see Islamic related objects around, because it is their culture. That is not to say they are endorsing anyone sect of Islam, rather, they are just displaying their cultural past they are proud of and identify with.

But the Left wants all of that stripped away in the US, because it is a religion in itself. They don't want any other competing religions telling people such things as abortion is murder.

Only if Jesus bows his knee to Marx will they be Ok with Christianity, otherwise, all traces of it must be destroyed.

This is what makes me think the US will become a theocracy, with the state leading the pulpit

This is right down Reverend Warnock's alley the Left is taking us towards.

Imagine if he were a Republican. The Left would be all up in arms about separation of church and state, but since the Left has no conscience or soul, they will do what they need to do for power.

The asshat Warnock wants us all to believe Jesus loves abortion.
Don't be silly. The only people who want the church lady types to run things are right wing kooks who want moral cover for the atrocities they want to commit.

If you went to a Muslim country that is secular, you would see Islamic related objects around, because it is their culture. That is not to say they are endorsing anyone sect of Islam, rather, they are just displaying their cultural past they are proud of and identify with.

But the Left wants all of that stripped away in the US, because it is a religion in itself. They don't want any other competing religions telling people such things as abortion is murder.

Only if Jesus bows his knee to Marx will they be Ok with Christianity, otherwise, all traces of it must be destroyed.

Let's see, you didn't cast a vote in the poll and all you have done is attack me for what you perceive as my "anti-Christian" beliefs.

Try going with the actual topic, okay?

We have a Constitution in this country that bans the government from having an established Church.

So if Christianity were official, it would have to be a generic definition.

There have been discussions on this forum about amending the US Constitution to make the US a Christian nation. I am opposed to that. I also think there would not be nearly enough votes to accomplish it. But a sub-topic has been which version of Christianity would it be.

Forum List

Back