If the point of the 2nd amendment is protect from tyrannical gov, why would you give them any info

I believe the Founder's point of the second amendment, is for the States to protect themselves upon an immediate invasion... and for self defense.

Because there was no Federal government "standing Army" in their time, our Constitution forbade it, and there purposely was not a standing federal Army in their time because the founders did not want the federal government to have one, unless called upon by 2/3's of Congress, for War.

Since there was no federal standing Army, the States each, on their own, had to protect themselves from invaders and other things, all by their lonesome...

Anyone with even half a funtioning brain knows what and why the 2nd amendment is there.

Yes, anyone with half of a functioning brain does know why the 2nd amendment was created. You should look it up! Or do you want me to spoon feed you?

I don't need to look it up. It's only one sentance and I remember it well. If you need to look it up, you've proved my point. And yes I can also read and understand the English language without some political asshole telling me what they want something to mean. It means exactly what it says, nothing more and nothing less.
DC v. Heller is more than one sentence.

You're obviously looking in the wrong place.

A standing army, as we have today, was feared by the founders (even though Congress created one in 1789, just two years after the Constitution), the call for an army, when needed, with a limited term unless renewed by Congress was the only "standing army" that was acceptable enough (among other issues) to allow the Constitution to be accepted.

The point of the second amendment is to arm well regulated militia

No mention is made of overthrowing government

I believe the Founder's point of the second amendment, is for the States to protect themselves upon an immediate invasion... and for self defense.

Because there was no Federal government "standing Army" in their time, our Constitution forbade it, and there purposely was not a standing federal Army in their time because the founders did not want the federal government to have one, unless called upon by 2/3's of Congress, for War.

Since there was no federal standing Army, the States each, on their own, had to protect themselves from invaders and other things, all by their lonesome...

Anyone with even half a funtioning brain knows what and why the 2nd amendment is there.

Yes, anyone with half of a functioning brain does know why the 2nd amendment was created. You should look it up! Or do you want me to spoon feed you?

I don't need to look it up. It's only one sentance and I remember it well. If you need to look it up, you've proved my point. And yes I can also read and understand the English language without some political asshole telling me what they want something to mean. It means exactly what it says, nothing more and nothing less.
DC v. Heller is more than one sentence.

You're obviously looking in the wrong place.
The second amendment is one sentance, dumbass.

Forum List

Back