New Jersey law banning large capacity magazines falls flat

Old Man Grumbles

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2019
Colorado, USA
New Jersey’s “large-capacity” magazine ban hasn’t resulted in lawmakers’ desired effect as no magazines have been turned over and the state’s residents are reportedly hiding the banned magazines.

When the magazine ban went into effect in December of last year, state officials encouraged individuals to hand in their magazines, but residents have taken to stashing them in a massive vault instead of handing them in, according to NJ.com.

Here's how NJ residents are hiding thousands of banned gun magazines instead of turning them in

Why would it be an different anywhere else?

New Jersey’s “large-capacity” magazine ban hasn’t resulted in lawmakers’ desired effect as no magazines have been turned over and the state’s residents are reportedly hiding the banned magazines.

When the magazine ban went into effect in December of last year, state officials encouraged individuals to hand in their magazines, but residents have taken to stashing them in a massive vault instead of handing them in, according to NJ.com.

Here's how NJ residents are hiding thousands of banned gun magazines instead of turning them in

I might build a coffee table out of half the magazines I bought before the 2016 election. :biggrin:

LOL, so they pay to store them. Good for them. They will get tired , its only been a law since Dec. I also doubt what they say.
N.J. gun owners are storing ‘thousands and thousands’ of banned gun magazines in a steel vault

Or not.

A magazine locked away in a vault is as good as a magazine turned in - neither of which are being used.

How is a loaded 30-round magazine which is locked in place into the magazine well of an AR-15 or AK-47 which is sitting in the closet, under the bed, or behind a door, not being used? Isn't that typically what they're being used for?

Let's test this theory out: You go to NJ, break into as many houses as you can, and see how long it takes before you end up perforated with 30 holes.

I live in NJ and that is fine with me

Want to break the law and hide them?
Fine

Just don’t take them to the range, don’t get caught with them in public, don’t try to sell them

Gun laws will turn many law abiding and contributing members of society into law breakers.
That's what totalitarianism does.

Fine

Just don’t take them to the range, don’t get caught with them in public, don’t try to sell them

They can still buy and sell all they want of them online, and their law does nothing to disallow them from owning what you people call "assault weapons."

The law restricts magazine capacity to ten rounds, which can be easily ejected and replaced with another in a matter of 2 seconds.

Of course, that's NJ. I can own as many of them as I want, so sucks to be them.

Gun laws will turn many law abiding and contributing members of society into law breakers.
That's what totalitarianism does.
No
Breaking the law will turn you into a law breaker

Fine

They can still buy and sell all they want of them online, and their law does nothing to disallow them from owning what you people call "assault weapons."

The law restricts magazine capacity to ten rounds, which can be easily ejected and replaced with another in a matter of 2 seconds.

Of course, that's NJ. I can own as many of them as I want, so sucks to be them.
I feel safer already

Or not.

A magazine locked away in a vault is as good as a magazine turned in - neither of which are being used.
The difference liar is they can still be used. Mine aren't being used either but I STILL have them! Next lie, millibrain.

Or not.

----------------------------------------------- hate to say it but Clayton is correct . Also reminds me of gun owners who are going to say , hey I lost all my guns in a boating accident and then they can never use their guns again . Neither tactic is worth a pinch of zhit as in both cases the 'nazis' win . Also reminds me of the weakling 'new zealanders' that won't allow the 'kiwi' government to confiscate their semi autos until the 'kiwi' government pays them MORE of their OWN taxpayer money . -------------- Yeah , hate to say it but , hey --- you are correct in your post number ' 3 ' Clayton .

Or not.

----------------------------------------------- hate to say it but Clayton is correct . Also reminds me of gun owners who are going to say , hey I lost all my guns in a boating accident and then they can never use their guns again . Neither tactic is worth a pinch of zhit as in both cases the 'nazis' win . Also reminds me of the weakling 'new zealanders' that won't allow the 'kiwi' government to confiscate their semi autos until the 'kiwi' government pays them MORE of their OWN taxpayer money . -------------- Yeah , hate to say it but , hey --- you are correct in your post number ' 3 ' Clayton .
I agree with that, but you could say my gun safe is a vault and that's where all my mags are. I can get them when the gun comes out. As far as burying your guns, well, that's the time to use them.

We can talk all we want, but the United States Supreme Court is turning this issue over to the states and allowing them to ban whatever in the Hell they want.

At the end of the day are unalienable Rights versus the privileges and immunities that took their place under the illegally ratified 14th Amendment.

The Right to keep and bear Arms is an unalienable Right and the Right is not granted by the Second Amendment. Under a de jure / lawful constitutional interpretation of the Constitution we have an absolute Right to keep and bear Arms.

We can sit and talk about it all day long OR we can stand up and be counted as a force that requires Congress be held accountable. If you are having to hide your firearms or anything connected thereto, then it is time to fight. Tyranny is at your front door.

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.

Cesare Beccaria, Essay on Crimes and Punishments, 1764

We can talk all we want, but the United States Supreme Court is turning this issue over to the states and allowing them to ban whatever in the Hell they want.

At the end of the day are unalienable Rights versus the privileges and immunities that took their place under the illegally ratified 14th Amendment.

The Right to keep and bear Arms is an unalienable Right and the Right is not granted by the Second Amendment. Under a de jure / lawful constitutional interpretation of the Constitution we have an absolute Right to keep and bear Arms.

We can sit and talk about it all day long OR we can stand up and be counted as a force that requires Congress be held accountable. If you are having to hide your firearms or anything connected thereto, then it is time to fight. Tyranny is at your front door.

agreed except I dont see where the states have any authority to ban anything.

agreed except I dont see where the states have any authority to ban anything.

Under the Constitution they don't. The United States Supreme Court illegally gave them the power. Forget the fact that such authority under the Constitution for them to have done it does not exist, they did it.

Forum List

Back