If the GOP was unwilling to secure the border under Trump, they will not impeach Mayorkas

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

To think that the GOP had 2 years under Trump to do anything they wanted to do with government, and failed to build the wall and secure the border, why would we ever think they would go through with impeaching Mayorkas for not securing the border either.

Don't get me wrong, Mayorkas should be impeached, but so should the GOP for not doing their jobs either.

Just sick of them all and annoyed at the virtue signaling of pretending they will impeach Mayorkas.

The fecklessness of the GOP Establishment is the reason Trump is so popular.
I don't give Trump a pass.

He should have come down hard on his own party the first two years.

You can't go two years doing virtually nothing about things like health care and the border, things you ran on, and expect people to keep the same tards in power.

I hope people have had enough with the whole lot of them, like me.

But alas, the cults remain strong.

The impeachment will not be successful other than to bring the specifics of exactly how Democrat inaction and messaging has taken a manageable border situation and turned it into a full fledged national emergency.

To think that the GOP had 2 years under Trump to do anything they wanted to do with government, and failed to build the wall and secure the border, why would we ever think they would go through with impeaching Mayorkas for not securing the border either.

Don't get me wrong, Mayorkas should be impeached, but so should the GOP for not doing their jobs either.

Just sick of them all and annoyed at the virtue signaling of pretending they will impeach Mayorkas.
Mayorkas cannot be impeached for doing his job horribly. There is no provision in the U.S. constitution for doing that. Any honorable or competent President would have fired him long ago, but he has not committed the high crimes and misdemeanors that the Constitution intended to be the standard for impeachment.

You can't go two years doing virtually nothing about things like health care and the border, things you ran on, and expect people to keep the same tards in power.

In his dense he was not a politician and did not know what was hitting him when he won... both parties set traps for him to deal with... but he did get a lot of things done regarding the border...

In his dense he was not a politician and did not know what was hitting him when he won... both parties set traps for him to deal with... but he did get a lot of things done regarding the border...
I'm just done with the excuses

I don't care anymore.

Mitch Mcconnell & Paul Ryan saw to it that absolutely nothing could be done! Further, and far more ominously, two Trump nominees to the high court, Gorsuch and Kavenaugh, were both Bush family people, and in case of Kavenaugh the Bush family carried on the most aggressive high court lobbying campaign in modern American history on his behalf, Mark Levin noted that last! Why would the Bush family so aggressively push to get those two on the high court??? The Bush family is totally committed to making 75-million new citizens out of every wetback in the nation, that is why!

Mayorkas cannot be impeached for doing his job horribly. There is no provision in the U.S. constitution for doing that. Any honorable or competent President would have fired him long ago, but he has not committed the high crimes and misdemeanors that the Constitution intended to be the standard for impeachment.

Well, he is doing a great job implementing the dem's agenda of destroying America. And he was born in Cuba and went to school at Berkeley.

...so, we can't expect much else from him.

court.gif

McCain betrayed him on healthcare. Forever ruining his own political legacy in the process. Paul Ryan screwed him on the border.

Where he went was capitulating on the budget when he had the balls to have the govt shutdown for as long as it was. Covid with Emperor Fauci in charge didnt help either.

The GOP swamp rats in congress should have done more

But Democrats, the Deep State and finger-wetting RINOs were enough to tie up congress and stop trump’s agenda

Democrats started this dumb impeachment movement by going after Richard Nixon. It is just political theater.

You Gotta point.

Not sure where you got this idea trump could just do anything he wanted totally uninhibited. He was well on his way to securing the border, kicking out illegals and more.

You also forget like little more than half way through covid hit and that kind of messed everything up. Had that not happened it would have gone a lot further.

Plus that isn't something you do over night, it takes time.

I'd be willing to bet a whole hell of a lot gets done at the border if he wins again though. Because now we have gone from a potential problem to a very serious problem.

But if he wins again he has a whole lot of uphill battles with all the division in the nation, our economy, inflation, our border, our country full of illegals, two damn wars were funding and borderline involved in directly, foreign nations with a foothold in our country, a whole cadre of evil and anti American politicians, and more. His plate will be more than full.

Mayorkas cannot be impeached for doing his job horribly.

He can, and he was.

There is no provision in the U.S. constitution for doing that.

Yes, there is.

Mayorkas deliberately broke the law.

Conspiracy is a federal crime.

Any honorable or competent President would have fired him long ago, but he has not committed the high crimes and misdemeanors that the Constitution intended to be the standard for impeachment.

Conspiracy is a felony with a 25 year sentence.

Oh, I don't know - most people would consider perjury - lying to Congress under oath to be a high crime or misdemeanor.

Forum List

Back