If State Legislators/Governor Won't Enact Rent Control, Vote Them Out

I said "market value" is obsolete in RENTAL HOUSING, not cars.

Getting enough sleep lately ? :rolleyes:

How much is RealPage paying YOU ?

From each according to their abilities to each according to their needs, eh comrade? Take your commie ass down the road. Have you reduced the cost your paintings? Why are you gouging your customers. I'll be in Tampa in the middle of May, I'll be by to purchase one of your paintings for $95 off. That is what you want your landlord to do. Fair is Fair.

From each according to their abilities to each according to their needs, eh comrade? Take your commie ass down the road. Have you reduced the cost your paintings? Why are you gouging your customers. I'll be in Tampa in the middle of May, I'll be by to purchase one of your paintings for $95 off. That is what you want your landlord to do. Fair is Fair.
No, my landlord RAISED the price $96. I have never raised my prices. They are the same as when I first started the gallery 4 years ago.

Which painting do you like ?

Oh, so landlords' costs are the problem, huh ? I guess you never heard about RealPage and their algorithims. Watch this video, and you'll see why rents are not just going up, but are skyrocketing all over the country.

Now you can actually have the information you need to post in this thread. No charge for the tutoring (Moron)

Then why didn't another developer open apartments in that area for a fraction of the price?

See, if three people are colluding to hold prices up, then 4th or 5th will see an opportunity to undercut their prices and make huge profits.

This is why in a free-market Capitalist system, the market will always cater to the widest base of customers at the lowest price point. This is how it is in any market.

That's why for every $40 a plate steakhouse, there are 50 $10 low cost food joints.
That's why for every luxury car sale, they sell a thousand Toyotas and Hondas.

So back to this RealPage. For every group of landlords that use RealPage there are millions that don't. If the RealPage prices were that much higher than the real market, then everyone would be undercutting them so badly, that they wouldn't be able to rent anything.

This is what would happen in any free-market like we have seen.

So this means there has to be a reason that prices are going up, that isn't due to the free market. The problem could be government, or it could be something else.

So what could be the cause of rent prices going up across Arizona?

The reality is Arizona has seen a massive influx of people moving there from other states.
1713529274727.png

And one of the largest is California.

The point here is that people are trying to find someone to blame for rent prices going up, and looking at landlords and algorithms and collusion and all this stuff.
It's a lot simpler than that.

Right now Arizona has a huge influx of people escaping from the hell hole that is California.
The endless rent control, regulations, crime, and stupidity of California, is driving migration to Arizona, and the market can't keep up.

Demand for housing is out pacing the supply. As long as the government doesn't screw up the market, eventually construction will catch up to demand.

The worst thing they can do, is adopt the same policies that made California expensive, but trying to regulate RealPage.

What we should NOT do is what's important. ie: let RealPage et al cartellers tell us what our rents should be. Get it ?
There is no example anywhere, of government trying to regulate these fictional 'cartels' you make up, that ever results in something good for the general public.

Sounds like Alice in Wonderland. Just because some landlord has these irrational, flaky ideas, doesn't mean a damn thing. All bunk.
That's basic math and economics. There is nothing irrational about it.
And you can call it all bunk, but the facts are the facts.

Then there’s the National Bureau of Economic Research paper that examined the consequences of rent control in San Francisco. Researchers determined that when owners were “treated by rent control,” the rental housing supply fell by 15%, “causing a 5.1% city-wide rent increase.”

After they put in place rent control policies, the number of rentals available, not only did not increase, nor even stay stable, but fell by 15%.

And the result of supply declining, while demand was increasing, is that you end up with a 5% city-wide increase in cost.

Now again, you said that you personally benefited from rent control. Yes, you the individual gained from rent control, while everyone else suffered.

Not debatable. That's just a statistical fact.

Have you noticed my display name ? > protectionist. And you know whom I am protecting. Millions of BUSINESS OWNERS being destroyed by RealPage and other cartels like them , an all the landlords who suck up to them.

And you call YOURself a "conservative" ? Republicans in Florida are taking up the cause to fight for these business owners, and you are on the opposite side. You are a TRAITOR to the business community of this whole country.

And your little "communist programs" card isn't going to save you either. You have chosen to take the side against the millions of businesses fighting for their lives against the cancer of RealPage and all the others that are affecting the rental scenario of America (no longer a "market") - not to mention your hostility to the millions of American renters.

When you come over to being on the side of American business, THEN you can call yourself a "conservative", instead of a landlord lackey.
This is unsupportable nonsense.

What we should NOT do is what's important. ie: let RealPage et al cartellers tell us what our rents should be. Get it ?
If you ban RealPage from existing, nothing will change. You will not help anyone anywhere. You are wasting time fighting technology, because it's easier than facing the facts that your bad policies cause the problems.

Then why didn't another developer open apartments in that area for a fraction of the price?

See, if three people are colluding to hold prices up, then 4th or 5th will see an opportunity to undercut their prices and make huge profits.

This is why in a free-market Capitalist system, the market will always cater to the widest base of customers at the lowest price point. This is how it is in any market.

That's why for every $40 a plate steakhouse, there are 50 $10 low cost food joints.
That's why for every luxury car sale, they sell a thousand Toyotas and Hondas.

So back to this RealPage. For every group of landlords that use RealPage there are millions that don't. If the RealPage prices were that much higher than the real market, then everyone would be undercutting them so badly, that they wouldn't be able to rent anything.

This is what would happen in any free-market like we have seen.

So this means there has to be a reason that prices are going up, that isn't due to the free market. The problem could be government, or it could be something else.

So what could be the cause of rent prices going up across Arizona?

The reality is Arizona has seen a massive influx of people moving there from other states.
View attachment 934448
And one of the largest is California.

The point here is that people are trying to find someone to blame for rent prices going up, and looking at landlords and algorithms and collusion and all this stuff.
It's a lot simpler than that.

Right now Arizona has a huge influx of people escaping from the hell hole that is California.
The endless rent control, regulations, crime, and stupidity of California, is driving migration to Arizona, and the market can't keep up.

Demand for housing is out pacing the supply. As long as the government doesn't screw up the market, eventually construction will catch up to demand.

The worst thing they can do, is adopt the same policies that made California expensive, but trying to regulate RealPage.
The endless rent control ought to be driving migration INTO California. You think renters want to pay exhorbitant rents? You think the business community wants high rents ?

I'd say people are fleeing California to escape the insane woke policies. Like having taxpayers pay for tran surgeries.....and letting shoplifters go free to steal up to $1000.

Realpage isn't the only cartel setting high rents. There are others as well. And landlords seem to be drawn to them. Whatever the reason may be, landlords are not undercutting the rents of the rent gougers. They are all in it together. Just look at the rents. You see any low ones ?

Last edited:
There is no example anywhere, of government trying to regulate these fictional 'cartels' you make up, that ever results in something good for the general public.
The cartels are not fiction. HA HA HA. Hilarious how liberal think they can dismiss what is all around us, just by saying it's not there. Looks like you didn't watch the video, or maybe dozed off.

The whole government of Arizona is involved in fighting the cartels, from the Arizona Attorney General on down. 30 lawsuits have been filed against RealPage. "fictional" ?- NO.

As for the general public, rent control is good for it. Renters get affordable rents, and businesses keep their sales at normal levels (not reduced severely).

Last edited:
That's basic math and economics. There is nothing irrational about it.
And you can call it all bunk, but the facts are the facts.

Then there’s the National Bureau of Economic Research paper that examined the consequences of rent control in San Francisco. Researchers determined that when owners were “treated by rent control,” the rental housing supply fell by 15%, “causing a 5.1% city-wide rent increase.”

After they put in place rent control policies, the number of rentals available, not only did not increase, nor even stay stable, but fell by 15%.

And the result of supply declining, while demand was increasing, is that you end up with a 5% city-wide increase in cost.

Now again, you said that you personally benefited from rent control. Yes, you the individual gained from rent control, while everyone else suffered.

Not debatable. That's just a statistical fact.
NO, "everyone else" did not suffer. In New York City, the overwhelming majority of residents (then & now) are renters. They prospered by rents being kept affordable.

Business likewise prospered, by disposable income remaining high and translated into SALES$$$. Nothing worse for us businesses than seeing landlords scooping up all the $$$ that we could/would be getting in sales.

As for the NBER paper you think I haven't heard of that ? I've been hearing for decades, that old, worn out line about landlords not building new housing, and the housing supply diminishing. And every time I hear it there is not a word about government waste being eliminated, and the $$$$$$ freed up, being used to build new rental housing. Ho hum. yawn****

Last edited:
This is unsupportable nonsense.
Maybe if you were a business owner like me, you would understand. Maybe if you heard "Yes, I was going to to buy your stuff, but my rent just went waaay up."
THEN, you'd get the message, and stop talking ignorant nonsense.

If you ban RealPage from existing, nothing will change. You will not help anyone anywhere. You are wasting time fighting technology, because it's easier than facing the facts that your bad policies cause the problems.
Of course things would change. RealPage and all the other cartellers would not be there setting sky-high prices. Things were OK before they showed up. In 2020, I was paying $600/mo for a 2 bdrm apartment. That apartment now rents for $1400/mo. Many that were 7or 800 a month are now over 2000.

Of course things would change. RealPage and all the other cartellers would not be there setting sky-high prices. Things were OK before they showed up. In 2020, I was paying $600/mo for a 2 bdrm apartment. That apartment now rents for $1400/mo. Many that were 7or 800 a month are now over 2000.
You are citing the facts about the price. That doesn't support your claim.
Yes, prices have gone up. There is no evidence that RealPage is the cause. And that isn't even likely.

But here in Ohio, we have RealPage too, and you can rent a studio for $600, and a 1-bed for $700.

Texas has RealPage too, and housing prices are a fraction of what they are in California and other areas.
If RealPage is driving up the price, why isn't it happening everywhere, and not just places that have bad policies, or have dramatic influx of people from other states?

All you have done is said "Prices went up" and "RealPage exists", and tried to assume that the two are connected.

That's like saying the sun came up, and Biden was president. Therefore Biden made the sun come up?

And how do you explain the fact that housing prices have fallen? Is RealPage out of business right now?

1713655913159.png

In fact, how do you explain how housing prices fell after 2013?

RealPage has nothing to do with it. It's like a stock market app. Robinhood tells you what the stock prices are. It doesn't set them.
RealPage tells you what the rent prices are. It doesn't set them.

If you got rid of RealPage it would do nothing for your rent prices.

Maybe if you were a business owner like me, you would understand. Maybe if you heard "Yes, I was going to to buy your stuff, but my rent just went waaay up."
THEN, you'd get the message, and stop talking ignorant nonsense.
Again.... in every single city with rent control, the rents go UP. So the way your made up nonsense would go is..... "Yes, I was going to to buy your stuff, but rent control made my rent just went waaay up."

We've been through this topic before. However, that wasn't when I received a $96/month rent increase. For seniors, retired and barely surviving on Social Security and a pension, rent increases like $96/month (I just received one), are devastating & demoralizing.

Here we are looking for ways to increase our income, cut our costs, and along comes the dear landlord with a $96/month takeaway (less than a month advance notice).

This is like going put on the street and being mugged for $96, once a month, every month, ongoing.

People, stop crabbing about gas prices. Stop crabbing about food prices, clothing, cell phones. Those are all trivial compared to your MOST EXPENSIVE, CONSTANTLY ONGOING EXPENSE, which is HOUSING. Gas, food, et al stuff isn't going up $96/month.

You get a letter stuck in your door whining about "operational costs", and just like that, your annual operational budget is $1,152 less. Of course this letter doesn't specify what these so-called "operational costs" are, nor offer any proof that they even exist. For all we know this rent increase might be nothing more than somebody (who we never see, don't know their name) wanting more money to buy something like this >>
View attachment 928464
There is only one way to top this madness. Republicans & Democrats need to join together and enact rent control (with roll backs to 2015 levels). Over the last few years, I have seen housing rents skyrocket like nothing before in my lifetime. I moved twice to void massive rent increases, but they keep on coming, with nothing stopping them.

I recommend we call "our" state legislators & governors, and demand rent control laws, with no increases above $50/month allowed. If business owners cannot handle the costs associated with running their business, then stay out of that business. Don't be dumping costs on to the customers, especially for a commodity that people HAVE TO HAVE.
You get SS and a pension and you are bitching about $100? Wtf?

NO, "everyone else" did not suffer. In New York City, the overwhelming majority of residents (then & now) are renters. They prospered by rents being kept affordable.

Business likewise prospered, by disposable income remaining high and translated into SALES$$$. Nothing worse for us businesses than seeing landlords scooping up all the $$$ that we could/would be getting in sales.

As for the NBER paper you think I haven't heard of that ? I've been hearing for decades, that old, worn out line about landlords not building new housing, and the housing supply diminishing. And every time I hear it there is not a word about government waste being eliminated, and the $$$$$$ freed up, being used to build new rental housing. Ho hum. yawn****

Yes they did. I just proved it. In every single city with rent control, it drives up rents. Always. 100% of the time. No exceptions.

That's what the data shows.

The cartels are not fiction. HA HA HA. Hilarious how liberal think they can dismiss what is all around us, just by saying it's not there. Looks like you didn't watch the video, or maybe dozed off.

The whole government of Arizona is involved in fighting the cartels, from the Arizona Attorney General on down. 30 lawsuits have been filed against RealPage. "fictional" ?- NO.

As for the general public, rent control is good for it. Renters get affordable rents, and businesses keep their sales at normal levels (not reduced severely).
Not rent cartels. Maybe drug cartels, thanks to left-wingers de-criminalizing drugs.

Don't feel bad. I'm on a fixed rate mortgage and still the escrow payment went up by over $60 a month.The rising costs of maintenance is a bitch too. I'm starting to think it would have been cheaper to rent, but good luck finding a place with all these illegals we inherited over the last year. I live 15 miles out of a small town of 5,000 people and I see them all over town when we go there. There's always 10 or 12 of them at the Goodwill store and Walmart is always out of cilantro, jalapenos, tortillas, limes, and tomatoes. I never see any women or children with them, just groups of young military-age males.
What a racist bitch you are.

Yes they did. I just proved it. In every single city with rent control, it drives up rents. Always. 100% of the time. No exceptions.

That's what the data shows.
He's got so much money he can afford to flush it down the shitter every month instead building equity in a home or business of his own. Oh, wait, that would mean that he would have to risk something like landlords who have the option of raising rents do. You can't argue with this commie that thinks he's a republican.

You are citing the facts about the price. That doesn't support your claim.
Yes, prices have gone up. There is no evidence that RealPage is the cause. And that isn't even likely.

But here in Ohio, we have RealPage too, and you can rent a studio for $600, and a 1-bed for $700.

Texas has RealPage too, and housing prices are a fraction of what they are in California and other areas.
If RealPage is driving up the price, why isn't it happening everywhere, and not just places that have bad policies, or have dramatic influx of people from other states?

All you have done is said "Prices went up" and "RealPage exists", and tried to assume that the two are connected.

That's like saying the sun came up, and Biden was president. Therefore Biden made the sun come up?

And how do you explain the fact that housing prices have fallen? Is RealPage out of business right now?

View attachment 935145
In fact, how do you explain how housing prices fell after 2013?

RealPage has nothing to do with it. It's like a stock market app. Robinhood tells you what the stock prices are. It doesn't set them.
RealPage tells you what the rent prices are. It doesn't set them.

If you got rid of RealPage it would do nothing for your rent prices.
The evidence was shown in the video. Watch it.

Forum List

Back