If Romney doesnt soundly defeat Obama in the debates...

Obama wins all ties?? :lol:

you're dreamin'.....

Romney is the one trailing right now so any ties in the debates will benefit Obama, just another day off the calendar for him.

Yes, Obama is leading- shit - he's killing! :lol:

It is so easy to create any narrative you desire by adjusting the percentages and skewing the polls. Here is an example of a poll that shows a "tie".

3f284e0166b85d6a0bf0dbe6f9cdcfa4.jpg

The sampling of this poll (shown on top) is based on only 24 percent responding as Republicans, while Democrats were 33 percent, Independents were 36 and the remaining 7 percent responded otherwise. Obama and Romney TIE in this poll.

The bottom section shows that actual percentages as reported by Rasmussen's partisan trends poll Romney has a 6+ point lead in the "unskewed" poll.

Bottom line: I don't know if Romney will win by 6+%, but I do know that he is ahead. Just look at the recent past - 2009- Scott Brown, 2010- mid terms, 2011- Scott Walker......Only a brain dead moron would cling to the notion that Republicans make up only 24 percent of the population. Only a leftwingnut Kook believes Obama is ahead or tied.

you're dreamin'.....

Romney is the one trailing right now so any ties in the debates will benefit Obama, just another day off the calendar for him.

It is so easy to create any narrative you desire by adjusting the percentages and skewing the polls. Here is an example of a poll that shows a "tie".

The sampling of this poll (shown on top) is based on only 24 percent responding as Republicans, while Democrats were 33 percent, Independents were 36 and the remaining 7 percent responded otherwise. Obama and Romney TIE in this poll.

The bottom section shows that actual percentages as reported by Rasmussen's partisan trends poll Romney has a 6+ point lead in the "unskewed" poll.

Bottom line: I don't know if Romney will win by 6+%, but I do know that he is ahead. Just look at the recent past - 2009- Scott Brown, 2010- mid terms, 2011- Scott Walker......Only a brain dead moron would cling to the notion that Republicans make up only 24 percent of the population. Only a leftwingnut Kook believes Obama is ahead or tied.

The poll is not skewed. It accurately reflects the political views of it polling sample

Any poll that pre-selects an equal number of Democrats and Republicans IS skewed

Unless he is asked soft ball questions, he will not be able to survive the debates since he has given so many different versions of his answers and policies over the last year. He will be easily tripped up and I really hope he is asked some serious questions with examples of his own words about his constantly changing rhetoric.

People seem to forget this..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5BE9_x7xTo]Obama Faces GOP On Its Talking Points - YouTube[/ame]

You know, Conservatives always tend to think that Liberal policies are "indefensable" and that any given Democrat will trip up and just collapse into nothingness. I recall the complete surprise when Chris Wallace tried to ambush Clinton and got his @$$ handed to him by old Billy Boy.

You don't get to be President by being stupid and right now the talking points on the Right are so well known that a competent person could device counter points for all of them in a fairly short time. When your attack lines become so predictable, don't be surprised when you get your @$$ handed to you.

In the end though, it doesn't really matter. Obama just has to avoid saying something stupid. He's up in the swing states and the debates as a format don't allow an opponent to really get an advantage unless you yourself give him that opportunity. Obama at this point will do fine, which is all he needs.

Romney needs to study up though. He's made some serious blunders in the Primary and provided more than enough fodder over the last few weeks for some pretty pointed questions. He needs a strong showing and is facing a tough mountain to climb.

A tough mountain to climb?:blowup:

Only as viewed through the lens of the hyper-partisan k00ks.

Obama walks out on the stage and stands atop a train wreck for opening statements. DOllar to 1,000 stale donumts his first statement isnt, "Look how awesome I have been.......and I'm going to win this election by keeping the bar set reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal low!!!!!!":D:D:D

Romney comes into the debates with an ant hill in front of his foot because he only has to be convincing to about 5% to 7% of the people watching. Those who dont have the political IQ of a small soap dish and/or are not k00ks know that Romney doesnt have to do much more than show up.

Wo worries here s0ns............:2up:

you're dreamin'.....

Tie means no change in momentum, which right now is with Obama. It also means no one watches the next two debates.

Romney needs to really hit Obama on something unexpected and hammer away at him. The Problem, capital P, is that the only obvious "new" thing is the Libyan situation and Romney did a fairly decent job of shooting himself in the foot on his initial response. He'll have a hard time going after Obama on that.

you're dreamin'.....

Rasmussen has Obama winning the Electoral College right now. That's why Romney is in such deep $#!+.

His only chance to defeat him in the election will be lost. I submitted to you all that I had doubts that Romney could run a successfull campaign against Obama.
I will not make excuses for a Romney loss but in my opinion he has run a terrible campaign. Without a sound victory in the debate he WILL lose the election.

As long as conservatives take the Senate and retain the House, Obama can't really do much more damage, and providing members of the Supreme Court, don't retire, in one way or another....

I doubt the GOP takes the Senate at this point. Akin really screwed the pooch.

I'd imagine they'll hold the House, and that's enough.

Rasmussen has Obama winning the Electoral College right now. That's why Romney is in such deep $#!+.

Oddly enough, Rasmussen does not use his most recent Partisan trends polling data to construct his Presidential polling. He uses a blend of 2008 and 2004.....

you're dreamin'.....

From the Rasmussen Poll, which I think is plus or minus 2, it would appear that Romney is somewhat ahead of Obama and may well win the race, considering that Obama instead of reducing the deficit by half his first term, instead went on a gigantic spending spree for things government was never designed to do. The United States Government's original intention was to give the American people a base from which to self-govern. Obama wants to make the government nothing but a nanny, which has a parasitic end, since working people have to sign over too much of their paychecks to support everybody else. Our financial system has been downgraded twice on Obama's watch. I think only about 1 in 3 Americans has a job now, and many of those are not full-time jobs.

How can government sustain supporting everybody, tapping only 1 out of 3 Americans? Answer: it just can't. That's unsustainable, and we're paying a price for that by losing small business jobs.

I believe the American people know this and will elect Romney to stop the spending that's going on by the President and Harry Reid.

We have to in order to reenlist a government that can sustain on a modicum of support.

Drudge reports (citing a piece in the NY Post) that the DNC is "predicting" a Romney win in the first debate. DNC spokesman thinks Mitt Romney will win first presidential debate vs. Barack Obama - NYPOST.com

Ah. Let's lower those expectations, ya bitches.

Pre-excuses at the ready.

The always very very busy President doesn't have three hours to put together to effectively prepare for the debates, don't ya know.

I heard similar talk from democrats on Meet The Press today

It isn't so much that obama hasn't had time to debate. obama doesn't even answer questions at his own press conferences.

Romney needs to score big in the first debate...
It needs to be obvious...Then Obama will be rocked
and he can't handle that.
It has to be obvious even to Chris Mathews that Romney scored
big or this thing is over.

You have it wrong,..... Obama NEEDS to beat Romney.......Thats the truth...You need to stop letting the left control the pace.

You have it wrong,..... Obama NEEDS to beat Romney.......Thats the truth...You need to stop letting the left control the pace.

Obama is leading in polling in all of the swing states, Romney is in a downward spiral.

You and Rush are the ones who have it wrong. You should be worried.

Agree, at this point Romney needs to do more than win the debate. Obama needs to stumble badly for Romney to make up all the states he is behind

Obama is leading in polling in all of the swing states, Romney is in a downward spiral.

You and Rush are the ones who have it wrong. You should be worried.
No he isn't.... He has to over sample just to show a point ahead......Thats not leading that's trailing......Now go back to your masters and ask them what to think.

Agree, at this point Romney needs to do more than win the debate. Obama needs to stumble badly for Romney to make up all the states he is behind
only a blind idiot can't see that obama has stumbled
http://www.usmessageboard.com/6039034-post1.html

Last edited:

Obama has stumbled.....Thats what the last 4 years is....One giant fuck up.

Forum List

Back