If people REALLY cared about government waste...

So you believe the gov would also be better pushers.

Is there nothing you don't want to expand government into?
I should neg you for this post.

The government not putting people in jail for possession is in no shape or form the government being pushers.

Careful, your poorly hidden partisan ideology is showing.

y'all would be up in arms over arresting and imprisoning people for minor drug charges...i.e. possession.

Legalizing drugs would take a huge tax burden off of all segments of government...local, state, and federal.

That you piss an moan over the health care bill just proves what partisans you actually are...the real savings are in decriminalizing drugs.

So.....you are in favor of NOT enforcing our laws? What's next, legalizing the 12 MILLION people who broke our laws by sneaking into our country illegally? Not pursuing companies who hire said illegals illegally? What is the end game, Ravi? If your point is to be taken seriously, then let's simply abolish all of our laws and we can save money by not having ANY police. Does that really make any sense?
No it doesn't, but nice job channeling RGS.

Marijuana should be completely decriminalized.

If for no other reason than we'd be cutting the Mexican mafia's revenues by about 66% if we did.

That ALONE is reason enough, but ya'll know there's billions upon billions of other reasons.

The cost of prohibition (which only creates a market, it doesn't supress it) and the cost of imprisoning non-violent criminals, plus the opportunity cost of making stoners personea non grata is also still more waste thanks to this stupid policy.

If ya don't like pot,. don't smoke it.

Easy enough.

On the contrary. I think most people do want drugs decriminalized.

IMO, this is some thing we as a group could accomplish, it would save billions of dollars and yet no one gets behind it in any meaningful way.

Why?

I fully support the decriminalizing of possession and consumption, and in the case of the herb people should be allowed to grow and harvest their own for personal use.

As for paying for their addictions, we pay for peoples addictions to tobacco, alcohol, and twinkies, which I'm sure costs us more of our wealth. An addict is an addict, regardless of their addiction, and that's where we need to concentrate our efforts.

Just because we already pay for one bunch of the terminally stupid, does not mean we should add more. How about I pay for me and you pay for you? That way, if you want to stuff yourself with twinkies, drink yourself into oblivion, and smoke yourself stupid, you're good to go. And I will continue to live my life the way I choose.

I couldn't agree more, we shouldn't be paying for anyone who abuses any substance. I would fully support withdrawing all tax payer dollars to pay their medical bills when they are caused by years of personal abuse. But how realistic is that?

I just don't believe that the act of decriminalizing will magically produce a bunch more addicts for our tax dollars to have to look after and/or "fix".
We already pay for the addicts, be it legal substances/acts, or illegal ones. I believe our efforts would be better spent on dealing with addiction, rather than demonize many folks(the non-addicts)by enforcing prohibition laws that obviously don't work.

If people really cared about government waste, they wouldn't let the government do anything.

y'all would be up in arms over arresting and imprisoning people for minor drug charges...i.e. possession.

Legalizing drugs would take a huge tax burden off of all segments of government...local, state, and federal.

That you piss an moan over the health care bill just proves what partisans you actually are...the real savings are in decriminalizing drugs.

That is a CRIME.... for crime, you must pay the punishment.... just because YOU personally do not agree with the law, does not change this

You could legalize murder and find a way to have the government tax that too... does not make it right to do so

Fuck criminal drug using loser assholes

Just to clarify, are you assuming that all (or even most of) those against this monstrosity don't want drugs decriminalized?

IMO, this is some thing we as a group could accomplish, it would save billions of dollars and yet no one gets behind it in any meaningful way.

Why?

You think wrong

Just to clarify, are you assuming that all (or even most of) those against this monstrosity don't want drugs decriminalized?

Why?

You think wrong

No, he thinks right...at least about medical marjuana.

That is a CRIME.... for crime, you must pay the punishment.... just because YOU personally do not agree with the law, does not change this

You could legalize murder and find a way to have the government tax that too... does not make it right to do so

Please keep your retarded thoughts to yourself. Murder and possession are not related.

Why?

You think wrong

No, he thinks right...at least about medical marjuana.

And hence shows the ignorance of the 'average joe'... considering that the FDA or any reasonable medical entity will never condone the act of inhaling smoke as a drug delivery method

And I would severely doubt a majority of all citizens want medical pot

Please keep your retarded thoughts to yourself. Murder and possession are not related.

They are related in the fact that they are both crimes...

As stated.. the government can find a way to make money on taxation, licensing, tariff, or whatever else on any activity... this is not justification to 'decriminalize' or 'legalize' anything

True, but that is unrealistic.

This is not.

Ah let me rephrase

If people really cared about government waste they would only let the government do as little as possible
This would be a start, no? The government has no business putting people in jail for what they put in their bodies.

Oh I agree and have always though jailing non violent drug offenders was stupid.

Hell then... I think the government should go on a big harvest and give a mountain of pot away for free...

...after they lace it with all the leftover chemicals from chemical weapons still in storage... then all the druggies can knock themselves out with all the pot they want

Take care of 2 problems at once

Forum List

Back