If part of the US broke away...would you go to war with them?

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
...to bring them back? Even if they elected their own government in free and fair election?

I've heard Democrats say for YEARS that they would. But since it is now politically detrimental to espouse that view...let's say the new country wants to join an alliance with China for protection. You still cool with that?

Ukraine was a part of Russia BEFORE it was the Soviet Union.

Screenshot_20220309-093012.png

This is the 1914 Pre-WWI map of Russia.

-------------------

Just think about it. I expect plenty of thoughtless responses..."If you think critically...the terrorists win!".

Let's see some thoughtful ones as well...

...to bring them back? Even if they elected their own government in free and fair election?

I've heard Democrats say for YEARS that they would. But since it is now politically detrimental to espouse that view...let's say the new country wants to join an alliance with China for protection. You still cool with that?

View attachment 615023

-------------------

Just think about it. I expect plenty of thoughtless responses..."If you think critically...the terrorists win!".

:desk:
I got an idea!
I got an idea!

How about we let the people of Ukraine decide whether they want to belong to Russia

View attachment 615023

-------------------

Texas was part of Mexico before it was part of the US. I guess if they wish to go back to being part of Mexico I am good with that as long as they give back everything in the state that belongs to the Fed Govt of the US

Texas was part of Mexico before it was part of the US. I guess if they wish to go back to being part of Mexico I am good with that as long as they give back everything in the state that belongs to the Fed Govt of the US
Texas was it's own country that broke away from Mexico before joining the US. You did know that...right?

That's what happened to Crimea. Two thirds of Ukraine considers itself Russian. Putin proposes that these regions be made independent nations and let the other third go EU. But not NATO of course.
They are welcome to move back to Russia

Texas was it's own country that broke away from Mexico before joining the US. You did know that...right?

And the Ukraine was its own country yet you seem cool with Russia taking it back.

Seems only fair we let Texas go back to Mexico

I’m good if the west coast wants to break off and make their own little dystopia. California is the mother of all evil.

The only people who really care about Ukraine are the political class who've been laundering money and using it for their personal gain for decades. Just look at all the scandals associated with it before Russia invaded. Lots of dirty US laundry buried there.

Texas is one of those states that gets more dollars from the Fed Govt than they give. So we can bill them for that when they go join Mexico as well
Which is bullshit----I know how the MONEY is supposedly counted that you communist libs like to count---counting money to the military that serves the whole country shouldn't counted as given Fed Money for the state.

Yes TEXAS has a bunch of military bases----BUNCHES-----and yes many of not most of the Male Texas natives have military backgrounds. If Texas decides to break away and you limp wristed libs decide to try attack Texas---you know you are in a shit load of trouble hence why you are also against an armed populous.

Your map says "Russian Empire". Is conquered territory the rightful property of conquerors?

And the Ukraine was its own country yet you seem cool with Russia taking it back.

Seems only fair we let Texas go back to Mexico
Are you being intentionally obtuse because this thinking puts you in an awkward position?

If a part of the US became their own country in free and fair elections...WOULD YOU FIGHT A WAR TO BRING THEM BACK?

Yes...or no?

Forum List

Back