If Pakistan can afford nukes why should we give them money for gender studies?

Should we be giving aid to other nations in 2020

• Yes

• No

• Only targeted aid with tight puppet strings attached for medical/food purposes

• I don't know/care

Results are only viewable after voting.
We should consider aid after we have a budget surplus.
In theory I agree but the problem with that is if we ever get a surplus it is more likely than not the next congress would blow it.

We need a balanced budget amendment
Most likely and yes we do. We need to stop increased spending with no tax increase. People will only care about spending when their taxes increase because of it. Trump cutting taxes and increasing spending is about as bad as it gets. Sorry to go after your guy, but it’s true. If republicans had to pay for the increased military spending it would be much less popular. Same for any dem increased spending... as long as spending goes on the credit card it will grow...

How about we start with no longer sending money to foreign countries?
How does that benefit America?
Sure is a strange thing to do while deep in debt.

In theory I agree but the problem with that is if we ever get a surplus it is more likely than not the next congress would blow it.

Most likely and yes we do. We need to stop increased spending with no tax increase. People will only care about spending when their taxes increase because of it. Trump cutting taxes and increasing spending is about as bad as it gets. Sorry to go after your guy, but it’s true. If republicans had to pay for the increased military spending it would be much less popular. Same for any dem increased spending... as long as spending goes on the credit card it will grow...
Tax cuts to spur growth are ok.
If "my guy" doesn't veto this bill I will lose a tremendous amount of respect for him.
They didn’t spur growth. Trump never hit 3% growth. Reagan, Bush, and trump all cut
taxes for growth and deficits drastically increased. Growth should get us to a surplus and then decide tax cut or spending. Cutting taxes and increasing spending is a failure every time.
Prior to covid their was income growth and huge gains in employment.

That is growth is it not?
No. Income growth was weak and mostly fueled by min wage increases. Unemployment was decreasing for 6 years before trump and continued that trend. The only way the cuts were not going to ad to deficits was with strong GDP growth. That did not happen. Republicans got a tax cut and the military spending they wanted. It all went on the credit card.

If "my guy" doesn't veto this bill I will lose a tremendous amount of respect for him.
They didn’t spur growth. Trump never hit 3% growth. Reagan, Bush, and trump all cut
taxes for growth and deficits drastically increased. Growth should get us to a surplus and then decide tax cut or spending. Cutting taxes and increasing spending is a failure every time.

No. Income growth was weak and mostly fueled by min wage increases. Unemployment was decreasing for 6 years before trump and continued that trend. The only way the cuts were not going to ad to deficits was with strong GDP growth. That did not happen. Republicans got a tax cut and the military spending they wanted. It all went on the credit card.
We will never know since the possibilities were cut short by illness and nation wide lockdowns all over the place.

But I digress this thread isn't about taxes. It's about foreign aid.

We will never know since the possibilities were cut short by illness and nation wide lockdowns all over the place.

Last year all of trumps policy was in place. The result was a decrease in GDP growth and a trillion dollar deficit. We know..

My point in regards to foreign aid is that it would happen much less if a tax increase was attached. Same with all increases in spending....

We give a few billion a year to Israel...just so they can provide government funded abortions. What's the difference?
Why single out any one nation? NONE OF THEM should be getting our money. Right now we are in a time of need, which nation is coming to our rescue with their citizens money?
We are the richest nation in the world. We can afford to share our largess. It keeps the natives from getting restless.

We can afford to share our largess.

How about we share that 'largess' with our citizens first?
We are and do, but I agree we should and can do more. Maybe end that tax cut for the millionaires and billionaires. Imagine the stimulus that money could give, huh?

Maybe end that tax cut for the millionaires and billionaires.

hmmm

end tax cuts that may be used for keeping businesses operating, and people working, or end foreign aid, because it helps who?

We give a few billion a year to Israel...just so they can provide government funded abortions. What's the difference?
Why single out any one nation? NONE OF THEM should be getting our money. Right now we are in a time of need, which nation is coming to our rescue with their citizens money?
We are the richest nation in the world. We can afford to share our largess. It keeps the natives from getting restless.

We are and do, but I agree we should and can do more. Maybe end that tax cut for the millionaires and billionaires. Imagine the stimulus that money could give, huh?
You are suggesting we take from our own before we cut off foreign aid???

WTF is wrong with you?
Yes. Foreign aid helps all of America. Tax cuts to the richest helps them and them alone.

Foreign aid helps all of America.

How?

How about we start with no longer sending money to foreign countries?
How does that benefit America?

Foreign aid typically aims to support security as well as the economic, social, and political development of recipient countries and their people. At the same time, such assistance also advances one or all of the following overriding U.S. interests:
  • Contributing to U.S. national security by supporting allies in promoting regional and global stability and peace.
  • Reflecting the core U.S. value of caring for others in need—providing humanitarian assistance to victims of war, violence, famine, and natural disasters.
  • Advancing U.S. and recipient economic interests by building economies and markets.

1608742874570.png

How about YOU give YOUR money away and stay out of MY pocket and MY life.

Just like the economic stimulus and everything else that the government has spent money on in the last 50 years. We need a balanced budget amendment.

My point in regards to foreign aid is that it would happen much less if a tax increase was attached. Same with all increases in spending....
Any foreign aid should come with a lot of strings attached.

More to the point why are we giving money to ANY nation when we are so deeply in debt?

Do you support foreign aid to other nations at this time of struggle in America?
Simple really. Democrats want to return to getting respect and the only way they know how to do that is to buy it.
I'll remind you that nearly every republican voted on this monstrosity too. In fact I bet many of the give aways are theirs

More to the point why are we giving money to ANY nation when we are so deeply in debt?

Do you support foreign aid to other nations at this time of struggle in America?
Simple really. Democrats want to return to getting respect and the only way they know how to do that is to buy it.
I'll remind you that nearly every republican voted on this monstrosity too. In fact I bet many of the give aways are theirs

One of only a handful of true patriots

Last year all of trumps policy was in place. The result was a decrease in GDP growth and a trillion dollar deficit. We know..
This country has been running up debt by the trillions in every administration since Reagan. This year the debt was increased by 10% ($3T) in one fell swoop by Piglosi's pork stimulus bill and she is trying to give more away to Pakistani gender studies, illegal immigrants, Kennedy center, museums, Howard University in the latest pork barrel bill. And good ol Hidin' Biden and Kameltoe are going to raise YOUR taxes. Biden is lying when he says he won't.

Correct, but make no mistake about it. I have been criticizing Trump and ANY GOP member who spends when we are broke. I have been doing it for 4 decades.

Correct, but make no mistake about it. I have been criticizing Trump and ANY GOP member who spends when we are broke. I have been doing it for 4 decades.

I notice you omitted democrats in your post. Are you saying that it is OK for them to spend when we are broke. If your criticism is equal opportunity, I agree with you 100%.

Forum List

Back