If “Not Voting” was a candidate

The “consent of the governed” is BS. It’s illegitimate!
View attachment 404281

I got news for you, Sparky. If one chooses not to vote and to allow others to decide, then one is consenting to live by their decision.

Who misled you to believe that "consent of the governed" required ACTIVE consent?
LMFAO sweet cheeks. That’s absurd propaganda. You got duped. Americans want to believe they live in a democracy. It’s a lie darling.
We don’t live in a democracy, but a Republic.

WTF are you trying to say?
(hint: many people say there is no one worth voting for, so they don't vote, they lose their voice, dumb idea)

No it's you people who elect shitty politicians that can't complain about them.

I who did not vote for some shitty politicians can complain about both them and the idiots who voted him into office

I don't plan on voting for president on my ballot but I will vote on all of the state, county, and city measures being proposed and also several of the state and local elections on my ballot.

What is the rationale behind that?
your vote actually means more on the local level than the national level

That's nice -
It's nice because it's true

also totally irrelevant to my question of her

I don't plan on voting for president on my ballot but I will vote on all of the state, county, and city measures being proposed and also several of the state and local elections on my ballot.

That's nice -

You asked why she would not vote for president but vote on her local issues

And the answer is that votes in local elections actually count more and will have more of a direct impact on one's life.

What's the point of voting for anyone for president if you know the people in your state are going to overwhelmingly vote for the other guy?

That's nice -

And the answer is that votes in local elections actually count more and will have more of a direct impact on one's life.

What's the point of voting for anyone for president if you know the people in your state are going to overwhelmingly vote for the other guy?

What's the point of not?

So you are just another hypocrite?

I would be a hypocrite if I were pushing you or others to vote for a particular president while not planning on voting for president myself but i'm not doing that and I don't do that. I just don't vote for a candidate, president included, if I don't feel good about it regarding conscience.

No, you are a hypocrite if you EVER utter a complaint against the events happening in the nation without voting for President. That is hypocrisy.

Not voting for one office holder doesn't disqualify someone from having an opinion on events happening in a nation. If I only voted for president but not local and state offices and measures and amendments for the area that I live in am I more or less engaged and qualified to utter a complaint? Would I be able to utter a complaint about all other things but just not the president in that case? I'm sorry but whether or not you vote for one type of office holder doesn't dictate your level of engagement. Everybody has their vote and can decide how to use that vote, which includes not using it. I don't feel a connection to either Trump or Biden as a person and I don't see a connection in many of their ideas for the country and so therefore I choose not to vote for either person. I believe that is a reasonable use of my suffrage.

OK, so you admit to being stupid instead of a hypocrite?

Name calling aside I feel good about my choices and my vote. At the end of the day it is my vote.

Local and state politics are usually more impactful than national politics tend to be. Local officials and local, county, and state measures are important to me. I'm not against voting for president but in this election I just can't bring myself to voting for either person. I had the same feeling last election between Trump and Clinton despite the historical implications. I know many people believe in separating the person from the politics but i'm not one of those people. I have to feel good consciously about my vote.

I'm voting just not for either of these two incredibly flawed candidates. Worst choices america has ever had. Fence sitting is a passion.

That's nice -

What's the point of not?

If it's not going to make a difference in your state why bother?

And if we have a couple of real shitty idiots running (which we do) why bother?

That's nice -

What's the point of not?

It could be said that your vote doesn't make a difference in every state, if you voted for the candidate that does not win.
You are already marking the ballot and it's too much bother to make one additional mark?
You are not just voting for the President, also the Vice President, the cabinet and Secretary of State Judges and Justices, etc.
I know ya'll hate to hear this, it really is a team effort - there are 2 divergent paths to take.
Not believing one of the two teams is better in total is not based in reality.
Seems like less than a great way to run a country.

That's nice -

What's the point of not?

It could be said that your vote doesn't make a difference in every state, if you voted for the candidate that does not win.
You are already marking the ballot and it's too much bother to make one additional mark?
You are not just voting for the President, also the Vice President, the cabinet and Secretary of State Judges and Justices, etc.
I know ya'll hate to hear this, it really is a team effort - there are 2 divergent paths to take.

I refuse to vote for any candidate that sucks ass like these two do.

Sure i could vote for a third party but that's no different than not voting at all.

That's nice -

What's the point of not?

Sure i could vote for a third party but that's no different than not voting at all.

Just Stupid
That's all

That's nice -

What's the point of not?

Just Stupid
That's all

Your opinion and guess what that means to me.

That's nice -

What's the point of not?

Just Stupid
That's all

It means your stupid.

That's nice -

What's the point of not?

Just Stupid
That's all

It means your stupid.

Again your opinion and again IDGAF about your opinion

That's nice -

What's the point of not?

Just Stupid
That's all

It means your stupid.

Again your opinion and again IDGAF about your opinion

That's nice.

Forum List

Back