If I Were Governor of my state (Arkansas)-what I would seek to do

Dayton3

Gold Member
May 3, 2009
If I Were Governor of Arkansas (bolded items would probably require some spending by the state.

• A ban on the forced consolidation/annexation of public schools in this state.
  • Reform how state unemployment insurance is paid by allowing lump sum payments for further education or relocating within Arkansas.
  • Reduce the number of black people having amputations by requiring angiograms prior to that step being taken.
  • Create research program aimed at doubling the survival rates for Pancreatic cancer.
  • Double the amount of blood donated in Arkansas annually.
  • Prenatal health care initiative to radically reduce the rate of black infant mortality.
  • Invest in the Rapid Roadway/Runway Repair Vehicle
  • Replace the death penalty with life in solitary confinement
  • Demilitarize police forces in the state. Reduce armored vehicles & SWAT teams.
  • Discourage police forces from shooting people’s pets.
  • Introduce a statewide “instant background check” system for all firearms.
  • Reform how orders of protection are implemented in Arkansas (remote monitoring).
  • Reform state penal laws so that actual prison space is reserved for violent criminals.
  • Increase funding and efficiency for the state crime lab. Increase the clearance rate for homicides in Arkansas to 80% or better.
  • Require all new school construction and renovation to include gun proof/tornado proof shelters in all classrooms and large common areas (cafeterias, libraries).
  • Add new ships to the Inland Maritime Museum (Little Rock)
  • Establish an Inland Combat Aircraft Museum, perhaps in Blytheville.
  • Encourage the building of a new nuclear power plant in Eastern Arkansas.
  • Encourage the building of a large amusement park in Eastern Arkansas.
  • Ban self-driving vehicles from state highways.
  • Encourage the building of a major U.S. oil refinery in Eastern Arkansas.
  • Issue no pardons or commutations. Set no execution dates (see #2)
  • Dramatically increase the amount of bamboo grown and harvested in Arkansas.
  • Dramatically increase the amount of Switchgrass harvested in Arkansas (ethanol production).
  • Ban full contact football for anyone under 15 years old.
  • Create mobile learning centers (like the old bookmobiles) to bring education to isolated young persons.

Discourage police forces from shooting people’s pets.
Make that a punishable, by hard jail time- thugs don't respond well to encouragement

It has a practical impact. Look at many police shootings during raids and you quickly see how those shootings begin with law enforcement killing peoples pets.

Ironically the next to the last on that list might be far and away the most difficult to get passed.

It has a practical impact. Look at many police shootings during raids and you quickly see how those shootings begin with law enforcement killing peoples pets.
Thugs don't respond to "practical impact"- they understand only punish- therefore, when they shoot an innocent animal, maliciously, and that is ALL it is- they should be severely punished- as in hard jail time-

Make that a punishable, by hard jail time- thugs don't respond well to encouragement

:link::link::link::link::link:

Ruby Ridge for starters.

Ruby Ridge happened in Arkansas, damn, who knew. LMAO

Ruby Ridge for starters.

Of course not. What does that have to do with anything? Don't be an ass.

Ruby Ridge for starters.

Isn't this thread about Arkansas and what you'd do as governor? If you have to deflect from your own thread, it means you're just blowing smoke and can't be taken serious.

Ruby Ridge for starters.

Isn't this thread about Arkansas and what you'd do as governor? If you have to deflect from your own thread, it means you're just blowing smoke and can't be taken serious.

I was speaking IN GENERAL about how law enforcement killing pets often leads to greater violence against civilians. I wasn't talking about any known incidents in this state in particular (though I know there have been some).

Ruby Ridge for starters.

I was speaking IN GENERAL about how law enforcement killing pets often leads to greater violence against civilians. I wasn't talking about any known incidents in this state in particular (though I know there have been some).

If you know there have been some (a plural term, meaning more than one), it should be easy for you to find a link, since there are sooooooooo many and all. LMAO

Ruby Ridge for starters.

If you know there have been some (a plural term, meaning more than one), it should be easy for you to find a link, since there are sooooooooo many and all. LMAO

I'm bothering digging for those reports. You'll just have to trust me.

Ruby Ridge for starters.

So you want to pretend you're a governor, but can't provide a single shred of evidence for one of your stated policies, GOT IT!!!!! I'm starting to wonder who you stole that initial list from, because so far you have yet to demonstrate the intelligence to come up with it on your own. A wannabe politician would be better prepared. LMAO So you're dismissed, run along now, I think you mommy is calling.

Ruby Ridge for starters.

So you want to pretend you're a governor, but can't provide a single shred of evidence for one of your stated policies, GOT IT!!!!! I'm starting to wonder who you stole that initial list from, because so far you have yet to demonstrate the intelligence to come up with it on your own. A wannabe politician would be better prepared. LMAO So you're dismissed, run along now, I think you mommy is calling.

Go to hell jerk. My mother died 19 years ago. And I'm more than intelligent enough to make a list of things I would like to do as governor. I have my Bachelors degree in business and more than a decade of direct experience in education (my immediate family has 75 years of experience in public education). I've also worked in law enforcement.

Forum List

Back