'If I run, I win': Mitt Romney confident he could earn second term in US Senate

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I’m convinced that if I run, I win," Romney told Politico while discussing his potential bid for reelection that would come up in 2024.

Probably the most noteworthy divergence Romney has taken from his own party was when he voted in favor of impeaching former President Donald Trump, becoming the first U.S. lawmaker in history to vote in favor of ousting a president belonging to their own party.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell is urging Romney to run again, according to Politico.

"He's been a really important part of our conference," McConnell said, according to the outlet. "People respect his intelligence, his assessment of the era we find ourselves in. And I think his running for reelection would be very important. It’s important for the Republican Party and the country."

Mitt Romney is the embodiment of everything that is wrong with the GOP, also what is ultimately the core sentiment of the left - "I know how to run your life better than you"

I’m convinced that if I run, I win," Romney told Politico while discussing his potential bid for reelection that would come up in 2024.

Probably the most noteworthy divergence Romney has taken from his own party was when he voted in favor of impeaching former President Donald Trump, becoming the first U.S. lawmaker in history to vote in favor of ousting a president belonging to their own party.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell is urging Romney to run again, according to Politico.

"He's been a really important part of our conference," McConnell said, according to the outlet. "People respect his intelligence, his assessment of the era we find ourselves in. And I think his running for reelection would be very important. It’s important for the Republican Party and the country."

Mitt Romney is the embodiment of everything that is wrong with the GOP, also what is ultimately the core sentiment of the left - "I know how to run your life better than you"
RomneyAwkward.jpg

When I first saw that headline, I thought it was about running in the GOP presidential primary. Too bad I was wrong.

I have a pretty good idea what Trump will do to anyone who tries to run against him in 2024. I'd love to see that happen to Romney and to McConnell.

It seems that the GOP is content to let Trump win the nomination unopposed.

translation: how DARE go against the DONALD!
Honestly, it is pretty childish of Romney to go after the GOP's best chance of taking the White House after his miserable performance in trying to unseat Obama.

Romney joining the Democrats to "get Trump" is part of a long pattern of Romney joining the Democrats. That's what he does, that's who he is.

Honestly, it is pretty childish of Romney to go after the GOP's best chance of taking the White House after his miserable performance in trying to unseat Obama.

Romney joining the Democrats to "get Trump" is part of a long pattern of Romney joining the Democrats. That's what he does, that's who he is.
Romney is a moderate Republican, his failure to unseat Obama isn’t surprising as very very few sitting presidents fail to win their second term. The GOP’s best chance to take the White House is to not run Trump.

Romney is a moderate Republican, his failure to unseat Obama isn’t surprising as very very few sitting presidents fail to win their second term. The GOP’s best chance to take the White House is to not run Trump.
The Republican that the Democrats beg Republicans not to nominate is the one they fear losing to the most.

He's bitter because Trump turned him down for the Secretary of State position, after calling him a fraud during the '16 campaign....The same Romney who begged Trump for his endorsement in '12.

Mittens is a petty, vindictive, vainglorious, narcissist.

RomneyFU.jpg

Mittens is a petty, vindictive, vainglorious, narcissist.
So is Trump.

But I support Trump because part of his ego boosting behavior is to make America great again. For him it is not just a slogan, he was the first president since the 80's to actually come into office to do what was best for the United States instead of sucking up to foreigners and dancing to the tune of donors.

He's an asshole, but he's an asshole that gets results favorable to typical Americans. I'll take that over a smarmy bastard like Mitt who is only in it for himself.

Not if Jason chaffettze ran against him....wish he would

Dems know they can’t win so they’ll cross over in the primary and vote Romney thus eliminating a true con

So is Trump.

But I support Trump because part of his ego boosting behavior is to make America great again. For him it is not just a slogan, he was the first president since the 80's to actually come into office to do what was best for the United States instead of sucking up to foreigners and dancing to the tune of donors.

He's an asshole, but he's an asshole that gets results favorable to typical Americans. I'll take that over a smarmy bastard like Mitt who is only in it for himself.
Trump hasn't made decisions that screwed over millions of people, like Romney and Juan McLouse have, just because of their hatred for him.

Forum List

Back