If billions of planets have sentient life, then why is the sky so silent?

Are you saying that outer space aliens use a secret frequency that we do not register on our SETI equipment?

Radio signals dissipate at immense distances

1. Because of the vast distances, it can take radio waves thousands or even millions of years to get here.

2. Also because of the vast distances, the radio waves are likely too week by the time they get here to register.

There is no intelligent life elsewhere in the universe. The chances that some other planet would have all the required conditions for life are so remote as to be non-existent.

There is no intelligent life elsewhere in the universe. The chances that some other planet would have all the required conditions for life are so remote as to be non-existent.
That's what I think.

Because if the chance of sentient life was even 1 chance in 1 trillion, there would still be numerous advanced civilizations in the universe, and if there were, they would have explored Earth by now.

That's what I think.

Because if the chance of sentient life was even 1 chance in 1 trillion, there would still be numerous advanced civilizations in the universe, and if there were, they would have explored Earth by now.
Due to the thousands of years to reach us.....it is unlikely they could get here

We should have heard their radio transmissions by now.

Oh the arrogance to think that a billion planets out there is anything but a drop in the ocean compared to the infinite expanse of space.
Oh the arrogance to think that our tiny eye-blink of time here on the Earth to detect them is anything compared to the roughly 14 billion year age of the universe.
Oh the arrogance to think that those out there who we might be interested in capable of true hyper-luminal space travel would even bother with crude radio waves.

Oh the arrogance to think that a billion planets out there is anything but a drop in the ocean compared to the infinite expanse of space.
Oh the arrogance to think that our tiny eye-blink of time here on the Earth to detect them is anything compared to the roughly 14 billion year age of the universe.
Oh the arrogance to think that those out there who we might be interested in capable of true hyper-luminal space travel would even bother with crude radio waves.
So I'm arrogant just to ask the question?

Well, fuck you too.

Not that I believe in aliens, but if they existed, why would they use radio for interstellar communication? Why would we? Messages would take hundreds and even thousands of years.

Nope. They have to use their sci-fi "subspace" communications and they have to wait until we discover it too

Subspace communication (also called subspace radio or the hyperchannel) was the primary form of communication used throughout the Federation. By transmission through subspace rather than normal space, subspace communication permitted the sending of data and messages across interstellar distances faster than the speed of light

Last edited:
That's what I think.

Due to the thousands of years to reach us.....it is unlikely they could get here
not without WARP Speed!!! :p

Forum List

Back