‘If anyone is arrested, I ask that it only be me’: Elon Musk says Tesla will defy California county and reopen car plant

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Uh oh. Musk is fighting the powers that be.

‘If anyone is arrested, I ask that it only be me’: Elon Musk says Tesla will defy California county and reopen car plant

Elon Musk said Tesla Inc. is flouting the California county that has blocked its efforts to reopen its only U.S. car plant by restarting production at the facility.

“I will be on the line with everyone else,” the chief executive officer said in a tweet Monday. “If anyone is arrested, I ask that it only be me.”

Tesla told production workers earlier it was getting back to work at its factory in Fremont, California, after a high-pitched battle with local officials who blocked the plant from reopening last week. Valerie Capers Workman, Tesla’s head of North American human resources, said in an email to production workers that their furlough ended Sunday and that managers will contact them within 24 hours with their start date and schedule.

Elon Musk

@elonmusk

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1259945593805221891

Tesla is restarting production today against Alameda County rules. I will be on the line with everyone else. If anyone is arrested, I ask that it only be me.

4:36 PM - May 11, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

38.1K people are talking about this

The email conflicted with remarks California Governor Gavin Newsom made during his daily press briefing Monday. He said he expected the company’s plant would be able to reopen as early as next week.

“My understanding is they have had some very constructive conversations,” Newsom said, referring to Tesla and Alameda County, where Fremont is located. “My belief and hope and expectation is as early as next week, they will be able to resume.”

Uh oh. Musk is fighting the powers that be.

Elon Musk said Tesla Inc. is flouting the California county that has blocked its efforts to reopen its only U.S. car plant by restarting production at the facility.

“I will be on the line with everyone else,” the chief executive officer said in a tweet Monday. “If anyone is arrested, I ask that it only be me.”

Tesla told production workers earlier it was getting back to work at its factory in Fremont, California, after a high-pitched battle with local officials who blocked the plant from reopening last week. Valerie Capers Workman, Tesla’s head of North American human resources, said in an email to production workers that their furlough ended Sunday and that managers will contact them within 24 hours with their start date and schedule.

Elon Musk
@elonmusk

Tesla is restarting production today against Alameda County rules. I will be on the line with everyone else. If anyone is arrested, I ask that it only be me.
4:36 PM - May 11, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

38.1K people are talking about this

The email conflicted with remarks California Governor Gavin Newsom made during his daily press briefing Monday. He said he expected the company’s plant would be able to reopen as early as next week.

“My understanding is they have had some very constructive conversations,” Newsom said, referring to Tesla and Alameda County, where Fremont is located. “My belief and hope and expectation is as early as next week, they will be able to resume.”

Musk DOES sound like a stand-up guy. Good for him!

Forum List

Back