If a foreign nation did this we would go to war

Well to be fair, no one is forcing you to buy unhealthy or otherwise bad foods.

I have heard all this crap about 'organic' always being 'more expensive', but not when you factor in that it is free from antibiotics, steroids and other bad stuff.

Also there are people that go around claiming in documentaries that they can't afford fresh fruit and vegetables so buy junk, even though it is totally untrue.

Even if you labelled a product GE, with county of origin, and everything it had in it, people would still go to McDonalds and buy burgers or eat big portions at restaurants. So labeling alone will make little difference, and would make it harder (for no good reason) for small businesses to get certified.

Only useful idiots could look at two heads of lettuce and say one is organic and the other isn't organic. The poor blithering ninnies are so caught up in their meaningless lexicon of deceit, that nothing they say has any meaning. I just mailed my Colorado ballot in last night. I voted against food labeling, which of course would mean a whole new bureaucracy and millions in waste and squandering by marxist busybodies. I say tax every liberal in the country $1000 a year just for being so stupid. We'd have the national debt paid off in no time.

"Junk food companies are acting like the tobacco companies did 30 years ago".

You can't smoke anywhere now.

Oh don't be so melodramatic.

You can smoke. You just can't force others to smoke too.

You can be stupid. You just can't force others to share your stupidity.

Deal with it.

Geez, more liberal idiocy.

Very telling that RWs believe truth in labeling is "liberal idiocy".

What are you so afraid of?

Why shouldn't people be able to know exactly what is in their food and what they're paying for?

I believe liberal idiocy is liberal idiocy.

What do you feel needs to be added to food labels?
Why?

"Junk food companies are acting like the tobacco companies did 30 years ago".

You can't smoke anywhere now.

Oh don't be so melodramatic.

You can smoke. You just can't force others to smoke too.

You can be stupid. You just can't force others to share your stupidity.

Deal with it.

You can't smoke most places, true story. Who decided that? Government, NOT the businesses owners, not the customers. GOVERNMENT. You like government dictating things. I don't.

Melodramatic? Yeah, that's what all the Mad Men said back in the day.

:smoke:

Forum List

Back