Zone1 If a follower of Judaism simply cannot keep Shabbat, is there a way to make amends?

If Jesus was the Messiah, the temple would have been rebuilt. So what have apostates who abandoned Judaism accomplished? There’s still no temple.
That's one of the major issues.I struggle with. The OT/Toeah does suggest what the Messiah would achieve.

If Jesus was the Messiah, the temple would have been rebuilt. So what have apostates who abandoned Judaism accomplished? There’s still no temple.
Nope. The Temple was destroyed 37 years after his crucifixion. And, the Christians were on their way to apostasy as well.
As far as temples, yes there are. The Lord came and restored His church after about 1800 yeas of apostasy. 1400 in the Americas. We have Temples of the Lord all over the world. But, most of Christianity still lives in apostasy. So, don’t feel alone.
But, to the topic, Jews still are in apostasy. Heck, even while Moses and Israel were wandering in the dessert they had a Temple with them. Today, you have none. It’s the sign of apostasy.

In the Inquisition and various eras like the late Dark Ages and Others ( Nazi Occupied Europe ) Judaism adapted and some abandoned practicing to survive . Many pretended to be Christian or just ceased practicing and it was revived eventually . Not going to the holidays or Purim or Shabbat services does not take your Jew Card .

I got the impression you were Orthodox. I recall your giving me some helpful information when I was invited to Shabbos dinner at the home of very observant Jews.
Belonging to a Reform congregation does not mean one is ignorant of Torah and customs. I have good friends spanning all streams.

He was a practising Rabbi in his time - I will do no such thing.

you have issues with what you believe and the actual events as they occurred not supporting those beliefs ... in your denial.

judaism is not a religion if that is what you are looking for - they or the 4th century christians have yet to be brought to justice for their 1st century crime, choosing to become a crucifier is nothing new.

First, if I chose to covert I would decide to announce that or not. I try and keep the 613 Commandments,Shenma and yes, Shabbat.
You don't need to convert to Judaism to keep the commandments.
It's a COMMANDMENT -- for all mankind, and not the Jews only. It carries the same weight as, "you shall not murder" and "you shall not commit adultery."

Of course you CAN keep God's Sabbath. You make the choice every Friday night.
God's Laws were for OT Israel only. In this the church age only the church is instructed to keep certain laws.

I’m not saying that the animal sacrifice was the only thing that removes the sin. Same with what Christ taught. The first principles should be faith in God, repentance, baptism and receive the Holy Spirit. Isaiah said come forth up out of the waters of Judah. Washing and anointings were important and perhaps they performed baptisms as well. Without the right attitude with repentance, the rituals mean nothing. But, with the right attitude the rituals mean everything. For they show your faith first in God.
Anyways, what I read from your references simply show without a prophet, there will never be a temple and thus, no ritual sacrifice. The atonement has been lost. It’s what I realized and with specific revelations from the Holy Ghost, the animal sacrifices were similitudes of the only begotten of the Father in the flesh. The only one through him can we be saved. The atone is a third party.
Temples and prophets aren't connected. Prophecy ended and there was a second temple.

Also God provides means for atonement beyond temple ritual.

Nope. The Temple was destroyed 37 years after his crucifixion. And, the Christians were on their way to apostasy as well.
As far as temples, yes there are. The Lord came and restored His church after about 1800 yeas of apostasy. 1400 in the Americas. We have Temples of the Lord all over the world. But, most of Christianity still lives in apostasy. So, don’t feel alone.
But, to the topic, Jews still are in apostasy. Heck, even while Moses and Israel were wandering in the dessert they had a Temple with them. Today, you have none. It’s the sign of apostasy.
No, that’s just your contempt for Jews talking. We are talking about THE temple - not a bunch of churches in America.

you have issues with what you believe and the actual events as they occurred not supporting those beliefs ... in your denial.

judaism is not a religion if that is what you are looking for - they or the 4th century christians have yet to be brought to justice for their 1st century crime, choosing to become a crucifier is nothing new.
Oh, so you think today’s Jews throughout the world should be punished for what a small band of Jews may have been involved in 2000 years ago?

Some Greek guy might have killed another Greek guy 2000 years ago. Let’s punish all Greeks!

You don't need to convert to Judaism to keep the commandments.

God's Laws were for OT Israel only. In this the church age only the church is instructed to keep certain laws.
The same people in Canada who harmed me and misrepresented me ironically drew my interests/philosophy closer to Judaism. You can follow commandments but one can't ignore G_ds plans for each of us.

The same people in Canada who harmed me and misrepresented me ironically drew my interests/philosophy closer to Judaism. You can follow commandments but one can't ignore G_ds plans for each of us.
True. In God's hands I have been greatly blessed. :bowdown:

but two things stand in my way. First, I was not born a Jew, and I have yet to find in my extensive genealogy, anyone in my ancestry who was Jew.
God only reveals his law to those he has chosen, then and now.

again -

so claim the jews, moses ... an absurdity only the most craven would possibly consider legitimate.

you know nothing of jesus, those that gave their lives with him or the heavens above ... there are no chosen for whence knowledge, who they are is not known till their final breath.

Forum List

Back