Ideological confusion

Republicans - support free trade hate immigration
You cant have free trade(and not trash the economy) without open borders.
Democrats - support America but like immigration
How can you have your welfare state with immigrants flocking in constantly?
Why do you think your European countries are so strict? Guess what HRC and Bernie supporters? JUST LIKE DENMARK

Why don't ideologues ever fuckin THINK?
FYI: Democrats and Republicans are political parties not ideologies....
LOL touché

Trade: Chapter 40-2: Ricardian Model Assumptions
The modern version of the Ricardian Model assumes that there are two countries, producing two goods, using one factor of production, usually labor. The model is a general equilibrium model in which all markets (i.e., goods and factors) are perfectly competitive. The goods produced are assumed to be homogeneous across countries and firms within an industry. Goods can be costlessly shipped between countries (i.e., there are no transportation costs). Labor is homogeneous within a country but may have different productivities across countries. This implies that the production technology is assumed to differ across countries. Labor is costlessly mobile across industries within a country but is immobile across countries. Full employment of labor is also assumed. Consumers (the laborers) are assumed to maximize utility subject to an income constraint.

The bolded implies OPEN BORDERS. You are arguing against an economist who "free trade" advocates quote and tout.
Here, read his work yourself
Ricardo, On the Principles of Political Economy and Taxation, Chapter 7 | Library of Economics and Liberty, On Foreign Trade

I don't give a shit what you feel "implies open borders".
We can have free/freer trade and we don't need open borders to do it.

This implies that the production technology is assumed to differ across countries. Labor is costlessly mobile across industries within a country but is immobile across countries

Maybe you should read his work? LOL!
production technology labor is immobile. Try reading in context
Labor is homogeneous within a country but may have different productivities across countries. This implies that the production technology is assumed to differ across countries. Labor is costlessly mobile across industries within a country but is immobile across countries. Full employment of labor is also assumed
You are fighting a losing battle. A battle that you are arguing for and against all at the same time! lol

Labor is costlessly mobile across industries within a country but is immobile across countries.

Thanks for disproving your own claim. :clap2:
Ok, now you are just being completely dishonest. You should be ashamed. Have a good day!

The modern version of the Ricardian Model assumes that there are two countries, producing two goods, using one factor of production, usually labor. The model is a general equilibrium model in which all markets (i.e., goods and factors) are perfectly competitive. The goods produced are assumed to be homogeneous across countries and firms within an industry. Goods can be costlessly shipped between countries (i.e., there are no transportation costs). Labor is homogeneous within a country but may have different productivities across countries. This implies that the production technology is assumed to differ across countries. Labor is costlessly mobile across industries within a country but is immobile across countries. Full employment of labor is also assumed. Consumers (the laborers) are assumed to maximize utility subject to an income constraint.

The bolded implies OPEN BORDERS. You are arguing against an economist who "free trade" advocates quote and tout.
Ricardo, On the Principles of Political Economy and Taxation, Chapter 7 | Library of Economics and Liberty, On Foreign Trade

This implies that the production technology is assumed to differ across countries. Labor is costlessly mobile across industries within a country but is immobile across countries

Labor is homogeneous within a country but may have different productivities across countries. This implies that the production technology is assumed to differ across countries. Labor is costlessly mobile across industries within a country but is immobile across countries. Full employment of labor is also assumed
You are fighting a losing battle. A battle that you are arguing for and against all at the same time! lol

Labor is costlessly mobile across industries within a country but is immobile across countries.

Ok, now you are just being completely dishonest. You should be ashamed. Have a good day!
Todd is just another knee-jerk Con.

I guess so. I used to think he had some brains... I hate to see America float away like this..

Republicans - support free trade hate immigration
You cant have free trade(and not trash the economy) without open borders.
Democrats - support America but like immigration
How can you have your welfare state with immigrants flocking in constantly?
Why do you think your European countries are so strict? Guess what HRC and Bernie supporters? JUST LIKE DENMARK

Why don't ideologues ever fuckin THINK?

Denmark has like 6 million people. USA 320+ million. Similar things don't mean they're comparable if populations are vastly different.
I pointed that out because of the debate :thup:
So you think you can have a welfare state AND let anybody in?

Although I'll take heat for this, I am of the idea that we should only take in immigrants who are going to contribute to the economy, such as on work visas. Other than that, I really don't see any reason why we should take on any immigrants. We have too many people and not enough good paying jobs as it is now. Why would we want to add to that?

I guess so. I used to think he had some brains... I hate to see America float away like this..
You haven't been here long enough to know the Toddster.

Showing how your link disproved your claim, how shameful!

Thanks for the laugh, chuckles.

You haven't been here long enough to know the Toddster.
No, I remember Todd from back before I left.

You didn't even fuckin read it, dude. If you did, you wouldn't be sounding like a complete moron right now.

You didn't even fuckin read it, dude. If you did, you wouldn't be sounding like a complete moron right now.

I read it and it said the opposite of your claim. Moron.

Forum List

Back