Ideological confusion

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
Republicans - support free trade hate immigration
You cant have free trade(and not trash the economy) without open borders.
Democrats - support America but like immigration
How can you have your welfare state with immigrants flocking in constantly?
Why do you think your European countries are so strict? Guess what HRC and Bernie supporters? JUST LIKE DENMARK

Why don't ideologues ever fuckin THINK?

Why do you think your European countries are so strict? Guess what HRC and Bernie supporters? JUST LIKE DENMARK

Sure you can.
Products, come on thru, illegals, stay the hell out.

You're right about that.
Friedman said, "It's just obvious you can't have free immigration and a welfare state"

Sure you can.
Labor has to be mobile. If it isn't, you are going to get ran out of the market. Look at China. I mean, free trade = globalization. globalization = open borders

Decent read How Are Illegal Immigration and Globalization Related? - Illegal Immigration Solutions - ProCon.org

Nationalism is still important, so no country with open borders is going to remain a country. There is a reason we compartmentalize ships, and the same principle applies to nations and domestic economic issues. 'Globalism' is a farce advocated by elites and billionaires, most of whom have little or no principles whatsoever, and hence they promote what is actually just a labor racketeering scam for the benefit of a few, a tiny handful, actually, who will not suffer the consequences of mindless self-serving 'policies' such as open borders and 'free trade', as they can easily afford to live anywhere in the world and could care less if some region or other is turned into a complete shithole or not.

If anyone thinks turning the world's major first world economies into Third World cesspools is a great idea, just go ahead and move to one yourselves, and keep us all updated as to how great you're doing.

I think libertarians should put up or shut up and all move to Somalia and put their 'ideology' to the real test, for instance; of course they all pull some some sort of excuse for why they won't out of their asses, but still insist 'everybody else' should be victimized by their little crackpot anarchy experiments. The same goes for the opposite wing of cranks; they should move to the ME and see how great group hugs and singalongs to John Lennon songs and babbling all about how religion sucks n stuff works out for them as well; keep us updated on that notion, at least those who happen to be still alive anyway ...

Last edited:
Well, this opens up a pretty large topic. The psychology of partisan ideology is fascinating. It's like a disease that takes away self-awareness somehow, they never seem to realize that they exhibit the same behaviors as their "enemies" on the other "side", and this happens all the freakin' time.

Sure you can.
Labor has to be mobile. If it isn't, you are going to get ran out of the market. Look at China. I mean, free trade = globalization. globalization = open borders

Decent read How Are Illegal Immigration and Globalization Related? - Illegal Immigration Solutions - ProCon.org

Labor has to be mobile.

Bullshit.

If it isn't, you are going to get ran out of the market.

Japan doesn't allow much if any immigration, 3rd largest economy in the world.

Look at China. I mean, free trade = globalization. globalization = open borders

Look at China for what?
Seal the borders, boot 20 million illegals, cut taxes and regulations, we'd make and export more than ever.

Sure you can.

Labor has to be mobile.

Bullshit.

Look at China for what?
Seal the borders, boot 20 million illegals, cut taxes and regulations, we'd make and export more than ever.
Japan was protectionist since after WW2... but thanks! lol

Denmark has like 6 million people. USA 320+ million. Similar things don't mean they're comparable if populations are vastly different.

Denmark has like 6 million people. USA 320+ million. Similar things don't mean they're comparable if populations are vastly different.
I pointed that out because of the debate :thup:
So you think you can have a welfare state AND let anybody in?

Sure you can.

Labor has to be mobile.

Bullshit.

Look at China for what?

So you can keep out immigrants and build the 3rd largest economy out of the rubble of WWII.
You're welcome.

Sure you can.

Labor has to be mobile.

Bullshit.

Look at China for what?

So you can keep out immigrants and build the 3rd largest economy out of the rubble of WWII.
You're welcome.
Dude, you have no point. Japan was PROTECTIONIST.

Sure you can.

Labor has to be mobile.

Bullshit.

Look at China for what?

You're welcome.

Dude, Japan could open their markets wide tomorrow and not need to import a single immigrant.

We could seal our border and boot 20 million illegals while cutting our corporate tax rates in half and our economy would soar.
Free trade economies, successful economies do not require importation of millions of illegals. Sorry.

Labor has to be mobile.

Bullshit.

Look at China for what?

You're welcome.

Dude, Japan could open their markets wide tomorrow and not need to import a single immigrant.

We could seal our border and boot 20 million illegals while cutting our corporate tax rates in half and our economy would soar.
Free trade economies, successful economies do not require importation of millions of illegals. Sorry.
LOL Japan isn't protectionist anymore. You really have NO idea what you are talking about, do you?

Trade: Chapter 40-2: Ricardian Model Assumptions
The modern version of the Ricardian Model assumes that there are two countries, producing two goods, using one factor of production, usually labor. The model is a general equilibrium model in which all markets (i.e., goods and factors) are perfectly competitive. The goods produced are assumed to be homogeneous across countries and firms within an industry. Goods can be costlessly shipped between countries (i.e., there are no transportation costs). Labor is homogeneous within a country but may have different productivities across countries. This implies that the production technology is assumed to differ across countries. Labor is costlessly mobile across industries within a country but is immobile across countries. Full employment of labor is also assumed. Consumers (the laborers) are assumed to maximize utility subject to an income constraint.

The bolded implies OPEN BORDERS. You are arguing against an economist who "free trade" advocates quote and tout.
Here, read his work yourself
Ricardo, On the Principles of Political Economy and Taxation, Chapter 7 | Library of Economics and Liberty, On Foreign Trade

The modern version of the Ricardian Model assumes that there are two countries, producing two goods, using one factor of production, usually labor. The model is a general equilibrium model in which all markets (i.e., goods and factors) are perfectly competitive. The goods produced are assumed to be homogeneous across countries and firms within an industry. Goods can be costlessly shipped between countries (i.e., there are no transportation costs). Labor is homogeneous within a country but may have different productivities across countries. This implies that the production technology is assumed to differ across countries. Labor is costlessly mobile across industries within a country but is immobile across countries. Full employment of labor is also assumed. Consumers (the laborers) are assumed to maximize utility subject to an income constraint.

The bolded implies OPEN BORDERS. You are arguing against an economist who "free trade" advocates quote and tout.
Ricardo, On the Principles of Political Economy and Taxation, Chapter 7 | Library of Economics and Liberty, On Foreign Trade

I don't give a shit what you feel "implies open borders".
We can have free/freer trade and we don't need open borders to do it.

This implies that the production technology is assumed to differ across countries. Labor is costlessly mobile across industries within a country but is immobile across countries

Maybe you should read his work? LOL!

This implies that the production technology is assumed to differ across countries. Labor is costlessly mobile across industries within a country but is immobile across countries

production technology labor is immobile. Try reading in context
Labor is homogeneous within a country but may have different productivities across countries. This implies that the production technology is assumed to differ across countries. Labor is costlessly mobile across industries within a country but is immobile across countries. Full employment of labor is also assumed
You are fighting a losing battle. A battle that you are arguing for and against all at the same time! lol

FYI: Democrats and Republicans are political parties not ideologies....

production technology labor is immobile. Try reading in context
Labor is homogeneous within a country but may have different productivities across countries. This implies that the production technology is assumed to differ across countries. Labor is costlessly mobile across industries within a country but is immobile across countries. Full employment of labor is also assumed
You are fighting a losing battle. A battle that you are arguing for and against all at the same time! lol

Labor is costlessly mobile across industries within a country but is immobile across countries.

Thanks for disproving your own claim. :clap2:

Forum List

Back