I'd like to be...like Ringo Starr

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
With a little help from my friends, I'd like to be living in a yellow submarine, acting naturally, in a pond in an octopus's garden

Ringo Starr - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Octopus's Garden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Conception
The idea for the song came about when Starr was on a boat belonging to comedian Peter Sellers in Sardinia in 1968. He ordered fish and chips for lunch, but instead of fish he got squid (it was the first time he'd eaten squid, and he said, "It was OK. A bit rubbery. Tasted like chicken.")[3] The boat's captain then told Starr about how octopuses travel along the sea bed picking up stones and shiny objects with which to build gardens.[4] Starr's songwriting was further inspired by his desire to escape mounting hostility between the Beatles; he would later admit that he had "just wanted to be under the sea, too." Uncredited assistance in developing the song's chord changes was provided by Harrison, who can be seen helping Starr work the song out on piano in the Let It Be documentary.[5]

The song, which contains the lyrics "Oh what joy for every girl and boy/Knowing they're happy and they're safe,"[6] is sometimes thought of as being a song for children,[7] like "Yellow Submarine" or "All Together Now". It has also been performed by the Muppets several times in various episodes of their shows.[8]

Last edited:
and one Dante's favorites!!! He has been known to walk around LA/Hollywood singing this one out loud challenging people to PAY ATTENTION TO ME~

especially coming UP the escalator at the METRO Red Line Station at Hollywood/Highland

He was the oldest Beatle and is probably going to live the longest. He seems to be holding up much better than Paul.

He was the oldest Beatle and is probably going to live the longest. He seems to be holding up much better than Paul.

I agree ... and he hasn't changed much either! good for him!:thup:

in a recent photo with wife of many years, Barbara!

Forum List

Back