I will not cooperate! A statement of scientifically and constitutionally backed defiance

No, not wrong at all:

TOTAL deaths from Covid: 349

In contrast:
Total deaths from Pneumonia: 842
And that is also considering that they have been kept from school and other group activities. FAR more children die of many other causes of which we do nothing about whatsoever. COVID represents a minuscule threat to individuals under 18. Quoting large percentages may seem pertinent but it is irrelevant what talking about such small numbers. Of the 600,000 people killed by covid, around 0.005 percent of them are under the age of 18. 300 dead kids is a tragedy but it also a given in a nation with 300 million people. In 2010 alone, according to the CDC, over 400 children in JUST the 1-4 age group drowned. More than COVID has killed to date in a vastly larger group in that year alone.

The idea that COVID represents a threat to children is utterly unsupported by the facts.

Fair enough...

I will admit I am being rather extreme about it. I don't have faith that the government is giving me accurate information about the vaccine. That has primarily driven my hesitancy thus far. If I do take the vaccine (which I eventually will do somewhere down the line), fuck the mask. That's something I'll not budge on.
lol, the mask mandates are just silly at this time. Even more so considering that we all have access to the vaccine. I also do not have faith in the government's position as well to be quite frank, the CDC has been an abysmal failure on COVID since the very onset and they will no longer even brook any questioning. They want compliance and anytime someone demands blind compliance you know there is a problem. I trust the efficacy of the vaccines though because we have real data from around the globe, there is no one specifically controlling access to the data and there is no single point of control. We have a lot of ancillary data as well, things like total deaths over the pandemic and total deaths from previous years. Some of it is hard to find though, particularly death rates, as it is usually not released for a year or two after the fact.

The government messaging around this whole thing has been a failure as well, they are not even trying to gain trust, just control. That is no way to convince people that they should do a thing, no matter what it is. Because I say so does not even work well with children.

No, not wrong at all:

TOTAL deaths from Covid: 349

In contrast:
Total deaths from Pneumonia: 842
And that is also considering that they have been kept from school and other group activities. FAR more children die of many other causes of which we do nothing about whatsoever. COVID represents a minuscule threat to individuals under 18. Quoting large percentages may seem pertinent but it is irrelevant what talking about such small numbers. Of the 600,000 people killed by covid, around 0.005 percent of them are under the age of 18. 300 dead kids is a tragedy but it also a given in a nation with 300 million people. In 2010 alone, according to the CDC, over 400 children in JUST the 1-4 age group drowned. More than COVID has killed to date in a vastly larger group in that year alone.

The idea that COVID represents a threat to children is utterly unsupported by the facts.
An 84% increase is significant whether you want to admit it or not.

Well, not to you apparently as you seem to ignore everything. Sad, at one time you actually put useful thoughts here. Then Trump moved into your head and now all you can do is be a troll.

We need the old MAC back, there are to damn few posters on this board that make intelligent posts.
Not Trump. Trumpism. Big difference, even if someone like you doesn't see it.

Well, let’s start with the fact that he wasn’t disagreeing with me but with facts. You can’t really disagree with facts. You can disagree with how you are going to address the facts but the facts remain.
Facts portrayed in a certain manner can be made to deceive. So, tell me, how is it we 'can't really disagree with facts'?

It's easy to cherrypick facts to further an agenda.

Wrong. That is MY choice. Not the state's, not a private business.

Even if the state recognizes my liberties and bans mask mandates and/or vaccine passports, the offending business should be forced to comply with state regulations or be cited under public accommodation statutes.

I like your libertarian stance, Jack, but my libertarianism only goes so far. Just rules demand just compliance. There should be consequences for rules enacted that violate my freedom and those who violate rules that ensure my freedom.

Check your privilege, Karen.

The classic definition of freedom is that your ability to wave your arm stops at someone else's nose.

Businesses have every right to ban the unmasked and unvaccinated.

Although unless the Video Game store or wherever you get your Twinkies from starts enforcing these mandates, you probably aren't going to have an issue.

No that is just you, along with the rest of unguided society succumbing to fear.
Gosh, you mean folks are afraid of catching a deadly virus that has killed over 600,000 Americans and over 4 million worldwide?

Wearing a mask that protects you and others and getting vaccinated isn't "succumbing to fear", it's smart, logical and healthy. (Not to mention patriotic).

Are you upset someone dared to disagree with you?

What a stupid comment. Do YOU get upset when someone disagrees with you? You seem very upset about having to wear a mask. Why? What difference does it make that you have to wear a mask? Why are you batshit crazy over the idea that your life has changed because of this pandemic and you'll have to wear a mask?

All your life you will have to adapt to changes in the way you live your life and you will have no control over these events. Technology, illness, social upheavals. You either adapt, or go crazy. Conservatives, by their nature, don't react well to change. "Conserve" is in the name. They can't handle change nor do they want to. Republicans are convinced that they shouldn't have to change, everyone should be allowed to do what they please. Life simply does not work that way.

You have a choice and an opportunity: Adapt and build back better, or go crazy.

You've opted to go crazy.

Gosh, you mean folks are afraid of catching a deadly virus that has killed over 600,000 Americans and over 4 million worldwide?

Wearing a mask that protects you and others and getting vaccinated isn't "succumbing to fear", it's smart, logical and healthy. (Not to mention patriotic).
Given there are 330 million people in the US, and 7 billion people on Earth, people are afraid of a virus roughly 98.5% of those who contract it survive, for which there is a (flawed) vaccine for, and have treatments like hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin for.

Covid isn't cancer or AIDS. But you're acting like it is. People shouldn't be afraid of something that can be easily treated.

And how many times do I have to explain that the viral particles are smaller than the width between the interwoven fibers of an N95 mask? They are useless, on top of being redundant when you're already vaccinated.

Give it a rest.

What a stupid comment. Do YOU get upset when someone disagrees with you? You seem very upset about having to wear a mask. Why? What difference does it make that you have to wear a mask? Why are you batshit crazy over the idea that your life has changed because of this pandemic and you'll have to wear a mask?

All your life you will have to adapt to changes in the way you live your life and you will have no control over these events. Technology, illness, social upheavals. You either adapt, or go crazy. Conservatives, by their nature, don't react well to change. "Conserve" is in the name. They can't handle change nor do they want to. Republicans are convinced that they shouldn't have to change, everyone should be allowed to do what they please. Life simply does not work that way.

You have a choice and an opportunity: Adapt and build back better, or go crazy.

You've opted to go crazy.
Spare me your slogans and psychoanalytics please.

Nope, sorry princess. Kellyanne Conway was talking out of her ass. There are no alternative facts.
Once again you miss the point entirely.

You can take a set of facts (which are all true) but pick a few out of that set to paint a different picture than what the whole set of facts would have portrayed had they been presented in context.

This isn't hard.

Given there are 330 million people in the US, and 7 billion people on Earth, people are afraid of a virus roughly 98.5% of those who contract it survive, for which there is a (flawed) vaccine for, and have treatments like hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin for.

Covid isn't cancer or AIDS. But you're acting like it is. People shouldn't be afraid of something that can be easily treated.

And how many times do I have to explain that the viral particles are smaller than the width between the interwoven fibers of an N95 mask? They are useless, on top of being redundant when you're already vaccinated.

Give it a rest.
You are a moron that believes false information.

You are endangering lives and prolonging the pandemic.

New Topics

Forum List

Back