I Went to School in Alabama. We Desperately Needed Critical Race Theory

Here's a tip: Don't call it CRT. Call it AMERICAN HISTORY.
That will trigger racists a bunch less ;)
CRT comes from Communists that wish to destroy Western civilization. It is more racist than anything going on now. Stupid lazy people full of excuses and blame for the problems they themselves could fix with some effort on their part should not be this country's concern.

The sign that said: "N----- don't let the sun set on your back." was taken down in the mid sixties but the black people who lived in the valley knew it was still there in the minds of the people who lived on the mountain. Never once saw a black person in that town except for a single old lady in the nursing home. Everyone in town knew her name and considered themselves quite progressive for allowing her to stay.

Horrible.

The sign in Compton "Honkey don't let the sun set on your back." is stronger than ever - promoted by Nazis like you.
Pretty sure you are just making that up. That's alright, it's not like you would ever go there anyway.
No decent person would.

Jeffery Dingler

AAMcHzS.img

I heard about the Ku Klux Klan for the first time when I was 14, in school. The way I remember it, my eight grade teacher informed us during an English class that the KKK wasn't so bad at first, that it started out as a vigilante force for defenseless Southerners who were being preyed upon by Yankees and free Black Americans during Reconstruction. Of course, this isn't true; the Klan was always about racial oppression and white terrorism. That's not how we learned it in rural Alabama public school.

Incredibly, this wasn't the only false or outright racist thing I heard from educators in the six years I spent in middle school and high school there, from 1999-2005. I was also taught that there wasn't a "Civil War" but a "War of Northern Aggression," which was waged not to abolish slavery but to "end state's rights."

From all these alternate facts and twisted narratives, I did learn something true: that history is fungible and can be shaped to suit any region's needs. And it's this truth—along with a correct understanding of American history—that many across the nation are trying to ban from schools, stubbornly resisting hard truths about race and American history. The culture war over critical race theory—a loose academic framework that exposes systemic racism—has many white folks in an uproar over the thought of their kids learning that the United States is, and has been, a racist society.

That's what critical race theory is: another take on American history that focuses on what this country has always sought to bury: the systemic racial hierarchy that helped build it.

And that's what many oppose. Republicans in more than two dozen states have recently been proposing bills that limit educational discussions on race and racism in the U.S.—potentially stifling that conversation in schools before it's even begun.

As someone who was born and raised in the Deep South, I could not disagree more with these attempts to stifle an accounting of America's racist past and even present. To people like me who attended small public schools in rural or remote areas, classes that delve into CRT would be instrumental in countering what feels like an overwhelming culture of deliberate ignorance toward our own history.

This guy doesn't believe that teaching these subjects will make whites hate being white. Of course we'll get the he's filled with white guilt bs coming the USMB racists.
American Blacks grew up in a White-built country. There may have been Blacks doing some of the heavy lifting, but the architects of American society were White. To CRT, that means institutionalized racism, even though at that time, Asians, Arabs and Blacks WERE inferior to Whites in every way you could mention. Africa is STILL a mess, and nobody's moving to Asia, they're all coming here.
Blacks built this country. STFU. Africa was just fine until whites colonozed it. Whites still live in Africa now. The same thing with Asia. So stop lying to yourself.
Picking cotton is not building anything.

Here's a tip: Don't call it CRT. Call it AMERICAN HISTORY.
That will trigger racists a bunch less ;)
CRT comes from Communists that wish to destroy Western civilization. It is more racist than anything going on now. Stupid lazy people full of excuses and blame for the problems they themselves could fix with some effort on their part should not be this country's concern.

What makes it Communist? I don't think they have black slavery or Jim Crow in Russia.

Well, looks like another piece of history you were never taught.

Y'all hadn't made that up when I was young.

We once sought to create racial harmony and end racism - the opposite of your goal.
Sundown towns were a very real thing. It's the reason the "Green book" was published warning black travelers away from places where they were not welcome.

What makes it Communist? I don't think they have black slavery or Jim Crow in Russia.

Critical theory arose in the 1920's - at the same time that fascism, the heart of the modern left, was gaining dominance in Europe as it now is dominant through the democrat party in America.

Critical theory holds that there is an eternal struggle between the oppressed and the oppressors. In the original form the proletarians - unskilled labor - were the oppressed and the bourgeoisie, the middle class, were the oppressors (notice that Marxists never attack the aristocracy, as a ruling oligarchy is a critical element of Marxism). Under Critical Theory all persons are either oppressed or oppressors. The goal is to eradicate the middle class, the oppressors.

Critical RACE theory is just a recasting of this Marxist idiocy with blacks as the oppressed and whites as the oppressors. A racist version of traditional Marxism.

Last edited:
Sundown towns were a very real thing. It's the reason the "Green book" was published warning black travelers away from places where they were not welcome.

That Compton remains a sundown town is a very real thing. White people are absolutely not welcome - nor in Oakland, East Atlanta, Buffalo, and thousands of other black enclaves.

Jeffery Dingler

AAMcHzS.img

I heard about the Ku Klux Klan for the first time when I was 14, in school. The way I remember it, my eight grade teacher informed us during an English class that the KKK wasn't so bad at first, that it started out as a vigilante force for defenseless Southerners who were being preyed upon by Yankees and free Black Americans during Reconstruction. Of course, this isn't true; the Klan was always about racial oppression and white terrorism. That's not how we learned it in rural Alabama public school.

Incredibly, this wasn't the only false or outright racist thing I heard from educators in the six years I spent in middle school and high school there, from 1999-2005. I was also taught that there wasn't a "Civil War" but a "War of Northern Aggression," which was waged not to abolish slavery but to "end state's rights."

From all these alternate facts and twisted narratives, I did learn something true: that history is fungible and can be shaped to suit any region's needs. And it's this truth—along with a correct understanding of American history—that many across the nation are trying to ban from schools, stubbornly resisting hard truths about race and American history. The culture war over critical race theory—a loose academic framework that exposes systemic racism—has many white folks in an uproar over the thought of their kids learning that the United States is, and has been, a racist society.

That's what critical race theory is: another take on American history that focuses on what this country has always sought to bury: the systemic racial hierarchy that helped build it.

And that's what many oppose. Republicans in more than two dozen states have recently been proposing bills that limit educational discussions on race and racism in the U.S.—potentially stifling that conversation in schools before it's even begun.

As someone who was born and raised in the Deep South, I could not disagree more with these attempts to stifle an accounting of America's racist past and even present. To people like me who attended small public schools in rural or remote areas, classes that delve into CRT would be instrumental in countering what feels like an overwhelming culture of deliberate ignorance toward our own history.

This guy doesn't believe that teaching these subjects will make whites hate being white. Of course we'll get the he's filled with white guilt bs coming the USMB racists.
American Blacks grew up in a White-built country. There may have been Blacks doing some of the heavy lifting, but the architects of American society were White. To CRT, that means institutionalized racism, even though at that time, Asians, Arabs and Blacks WERE inferior to Whites in every way you could mention. Africa is STILL a mess, and nobody's moving to Asia, they're all coming here.
Blacks built this country. STFU. Africa was just fine until whites colonozed it. Whites still live in Africa now. The same thing with Asia. So stop lying to yourself.
How many Blacks participated in the writing and signing of our Constitution?
How many Blacks went to the moon?
As for White people in Africa, ok, there are some.
external-content.duckduckgo.jpg

Jeffery Dingler

AAMcHzS.img

As for White people in Africa, ok, there are some.View attachment 513867

They were slaves, you fool. The Founding Fathers were all white land owners.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Jeffery Dingler

AAMcHzS.img

Funny, since they came from White countries. How did that happen?

Jeffery Dingler

AAMcHzS.img

Funny, since they came from White countries. How did that happen?

They immigrated voluntarily looking for land and to some extent religious freedom.

Forum List

Back