I Was Told This Was Problematic: The Treasurer of Joe Biden's PAC Is A Registered Foreign Agent

Billiejeens

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2019
For all of the Democrats’ fear about foreign agents infiltrating American elections, it seems that anxiety doesn’t relate to those handling their campaign war chests. The treasurer for Joe Biden’s super PAC is a registered foreign agent (via The Federalist):

Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden has a brand new Super PAC in his corner, and it’s being run by a registered foreign agent for the government of Azerbaijan. Larry Rasky, a lobbyist who previously worked as a top campaign operative for Biden, is listed as the treasurer of the PAC, according to records filed with the Federal Election Commission (FEC).

“A former Joe Biden aide has filed paperwork to form a super PAC, called Unite the Country, that is set to boost the former vice president with millions of dollars in spending in the 2020 Democratic presidential primary,” Politico reported on Tuesday.

Records filed with the Department of Justice show that Rasky is also a registered foreign agent lobbying on behalf of the government of Azerbaijan. The records, which were filed pursuant to the Foreign Agent Registration Act, show that Rasky was hired by the Azerbaijani government on April 23, 2019. Federal documents signed by Rasky show that he reports directly to Elin Suleymanov, Azerbaijan’s ambassador to the United States.

Okay, let’s not get too excited. I’m just noting the double-standards here.

I Was Told This Was Problematic: The Treasurer of Joe Biden's PAC Is A Registered Foreign Agent

Rasky registered as a foreign agent earlier this year to advise Azerbaijan’s government on strategic communications on a contract worth $15,000 a month. But he stopped working for Azerbaijan in August, he wrote in an email to POLITICO, supplying a copy of a letter his lawyer sent to the Justice Department on Aug. 27. The firm no longer represents foreign clients, he said.
Ex-Biden aide forms Unite the Country super PAC

Forum List

Back