I was fired because I support Trump!

Should your boss be able to fire you for your political views?

• Yes

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 35 70.0%

• Total voters
Should a boss be allowed to hire and fire based on political affiliation? Why or why not?
Not certain on hire.....That would be hard to prove.

As far as FIRE, as long as the employee is not politicking at work on the employer's time, or causing a disturbance at work, then no.

Really? So, as long as I'm not politicking at work, I can't be fired for being a white supremacist? A Nazi? There are those kinds of folks around you know.
the employer should have weeded that out before hire....

if it causes no problems with the employee at work...and his outside interests and actions causes no problems with the business....then imo, no....

not in california, where it appears to be only fully 'at will', for about 1 month before all kinds of protections come in to play for the employee....

Really, so if a black business owner finds out that one of her employees is an avowed white supremacist, let's say she saw him on TV at the "Kill Darkie" rally, she can't fire him?

Should a boss be allowed to hire and fire based on political affiliation? Why or why not?

As far as FIRE, as long as the employee is not politicking at work on the employer's time, or causing a disturbance at work, then no.

Really? So, as long as I'm not politicking at work, I can't be fired for being a white supremacist? A Nazi? There are those kinds of folks around you know.

if it causes no problems with the employee at work...and his outside interests and actions causes no problems with the business....then imo, no....

not in california, where it appears to be only fully 'at will', for about 1 month before all kinds of protections come in to play for the employee....

Really, so if a black business owner finds out that one of her employees is an avowed white supremacist, let's say she saw him on TV at the "Kill Darkie" rally, she can't fire him?
then that would be outside actions that affects the business...

Well? What say you good people?

were you being an obnoxious jerk to the people around you? were you imposing your "views" on others?
Nope. I just wore my “Make America great again!" hat to work last week, and my boss said, "If you're not smart enough to realize that Trump is playing you like the audience of WWF, then you can find somewhere else to work!".

Isn't that discrimination?
I think you’re full of shit. But, I’m sure you live in a state with at-will employment; so, tough luck

were you being an obnoxious jerk to the people around you? were you imposing your "views" on others?
Nope. I just wore my “Make America great again!" hat to work last week, and my boss said, "If you're not smart enough to realize that Trump is playing you like the audience of WWF, then you can find somewhere else to work!".

Isn't that discrimination?
I think you’re full of shit. But, I’m sure you live in a state with at-will employment; so, tough luck

Do you think your boss should be able to fire you for your political affiliation?

No, it didn't effect her business in any way. She just didn't want to be contributing to the livelihood of someone with views she finds repugnant. You think she should be forced to?

No, it didn't effect her business in any way. She just didn't want to be contributing to the livelihood of someone with views she finds repugnant. You think she should be forced to?
it obviously affects her customers at her business.... being associated with him....and customers seeing him at this, kill blackie rally.... try again! :D

it obviously affects her customers at her business.... being associated with him....and customers seeing him at this, kill blackie rally.... try again! :D

It's a hypothetical, silly. And in this hypothetical there was no impact on her business whatsoever. She said so. She just didn't want to keep a miscreant on the payroll. Do you think she should be forced to?

I am very sorry that you lost your income.

The manager should have just requested that you not wear that hat.

But you should have known better than to wear it in the first place.

We should all agree to keep divisive politics out of the workplace. (Many people -- like your manager -- are very intolerant and self-righteous.)

I wish you the best of luck in finding a new job. (I think that you have learned a very painful but helpful lesson.)

No one gets fired for their political views unless they're trying to shove them down someone else's throat. But anyone that was stupid enough to be a TRUMP supporter, probably is viewed as a lower intelligent, braindead employee anyway---:auiqs.jpg: and is probably getting some very strange looks & scrutiny from managers, employers and co-workers today.

trump-stupid-people-large-groups-56d7b2365f9b582ad5033c86.jpg

The national brain fart crowd.

No one gets fired for their political views unless they're trying to shove them down someone else's throat. But anyone that was stupid enough to be a TRUMP supporter, probably is viewed as a lower intelligent, braindead employee anyway---:auiqs.jpg:

So, if an employer comes out and says - "Trump's supporters are destroying America. I'm firing any Trump supporters who work for me and won't hire any", that's ok with you?

It's a hypothetical, silly. And in this hypothetical there was no impact on her business whatsoever. She said so. She just didn't want to keep a miscreant on the payroll. Do you think she should be forced to?
if he has shown no signs of being a miscreant at work with anyone, no customers saw him or complained that they saw him, he has never been an asshole to her or anyone at work, does a good job at work, then imo, NO.

This is her opportunity to show this young man, that he has no reason to ''hate blackie'' and her chance to rescue him, from the hate filled world he lives in...... through kindness....and one on one interactions....

that' CARE 4 ALL's answer! :D :10::11_2_1043::11_2_1043::11_2_1043:

if he has shown no signs of being a miscreant at work with anyone, no customers saw him or complained that they saw him, he has never been an asshole to her or anyone at work, does a good job at work, then imo, NO.

This is her opportunity to show this young man, that he has no reason to ''hate blackie'' and her chance to rescue him, from the hate filled world he lives in...... through kindness....and one on one interactions....

Opportunity? According to you, she has no choice.

why should she? She vetted and hired him....He's fulfilled his end of the implied contract for years.... it hasn't affected his quality and quantity of work, or any customers or anyone at work....

why should she? She vetted and hired him....He's fulfilled his end of the implied contract for years.... it hasn't affected his quality and quantity of work, or any customers or anyone at work....

Maybe because she sees herself as a socially responsible business owner. She doesn't want to support white supremacists for the same reason that she recycles - because she cares about society doesn't want to see it go to shit. The real question is why does it matter? Why should business owners - or anyone really - have to justify their economic decisions to government?

No one gets fired for their political views unless they're trying to shove them down someone else's throat. But anyone that was stupid enough to be a TRUMP supporter, probably is viewed as a lower intelligent, braindead employee anyway---:auiqs.jpg:

So, if an employer comes out and says - "Trump's supporters are destroying America. I'm firing any Trump supporters who work for me and won't hire any", that's ok with you?

Did I say that?

Did I say that?

Well, I wasn't sure what you meant. That's why I asked for clarification. Do you think political affiliation should be a protected class?

I don't know the political views of any of my employees. Neither theirs nor my own are germane to the work we do.

If an employee showed up to work having made themselves into a political message, I would ask them to desist, and only if they refused would I feel justified in firing them.

This need to inject politics into every nook and cranny of society is part of the problem instead of part of the solution. Keep it at home, folks.

I don't know the political views of any of my employees. Neither theirs nor my own are germane to the work we do.

If an employee showed up to work having made themselves into a political message, I would ask them to desist, and only if they refused would I feel justified in firing them.

This need to inject politics into every nook and cranny of society is part of the problem instead of part of the solution. Keep it at home, folks.

Yeah, sure. But should it be illegal?

Forum List

Back