I was fired because I support Trump!

Should your boss be able to fire you for your political views?

• Yes

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 35 70.0%

• Total voters
Well? What say you good people?

were you being an obnoxious jerk to the people around you? were you imposing your "views" on others?
Nope. I just wore my “Make America great again!" hat to work last week, and my boss said, "If you're not smart enough to realize that Trump is playing you like the audience of WWF, then you can find somewhere else to work!".

Isn't that discrimination?
No, that sounds like you have a pretty smart boss who doesn't want to take the risk of having a tard under him.

So, are you saying that employers should be able to fire people for political reasons?

Well? What say you good people?

Your boss can fire you because he does not like the color socks you are wearing

Not if sock color is a protected class. In California, political affiliation is a protected class. Do you agree with that? Should an employer be allowed to fire people based on political affiliation?

Do you like Trump doing this? Did you vote for Trump? Then you should have been fired for being retarded.

That's another good one. Should bosses be allowed to fire people for being retarded?

I am a libertarian and I am anti-abortion because I believe in the liberty of all humans, even the little ones. The ultimate anti-liberty is death, and abortion causes death 100% of the time.

I think the Govt should not be in the marriage business at all, leave that to the churches.

You can be anti abortion and still support a woman's right to choose.

The problem with that is the human that will have its life ended does not get a say in what happens to it. Thus there is no liberty for that human.
A fetus is a conglomeration of tissue: it is not a human being. An abortion is a medical procedure. And by the way, there are hundreds of thousands spontaneous abortions every year: we call them miscarriages. It is tissue, not a human being.

So, in your view at what point does the magical transformation from non-human to human take place.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Viability

Can you define that? Does every blob of cells hit viability at the same time and magically become human or does the time they magically go from non-human to human change with each blob of cells?

Trump derangement and Russophobia have completely shredded whatever integrity and principles liberals in this county may have once had

most people can't politic at work. and the laws are intended to keep employers from interfering in political activity or party affiliation separate and apart from work. you know, in your private life.

no one gives a damn about your politics in the work place. and if you were running around spewing, I'd fire you too.

I wasn't running around spewing. I wore a hat. I took it off, and hung it up with my coat, when I got to work. My boss specifically said she didn't want any Trump idiots on the payroll. What could be more clear?
Sounds more and more like a fairy tale......:D

Think parable.
In other words, you’re a lying trumptard.

In the sense that I'm lying about being a Trump supporter, I guess so.

Jillian, I'm sorry. I was running a 'blind taste test' of sorts. In another thread, I ran a similar poll, without the engaging personal story to give it context. In that poll, nearly everyone agreed that political affiliation should NOT be a protected class. Pretty much the opposite results of this poll. Conservatives are big on freedom, except when it doesn't turn out how they like. No different than liberals I suppose.

Maybe the real take away from all this is that hardly anyone considers politics in terms of principle. We're all pretty self-centered and really only care about policies when they impact us personally.
aka you made this up for a lab experiment and used us as rats............

You LIED.................

There are laws that you can use to protect yourself if fired wrongfully at work. I looked them up for you believing you were stating the truth only to find out that the whole thread is FAKE NEWS.................

pffft.................There should be no protected classes.............but their are laws under a constitution to legally protect your rights.................

Have a nice day.

I wasn't running around spewing. I wore a hat. I took it off, and hung it up with my coat, when I got to work. My boss specifically said she didn't want any Trump idiots on the payroll. What could be more clear?

Think parable.

Jillian, I'm sorry. I was running a 'blind taste test' of sorts. In another thread, I ran a similar poll, without the engaging personal story to give it context. In that poll, nearly everyone agreed that political affiliation should NOT be a protected class. Pretty much the opposite results of this poll. Conservatives are big on freedom, except when it doesn't turn out how they like. No different than liberals I suppose.

Maybe the real take away from all this is that hardly anyone considers politics in terms of principle. We're all pretty self-centered and really only care about policies when they impact us personally.

There are laws that you can use to protect yourself if fired wrongfully at work. I looked them up for you believing you were stating the truth only to find out that the whole thread is FAKE NEWS.................

pffft.................There should be no protected classes.............but their are laws under a constitution to legally protect your rights.................

Have a nice day.

you have no right to impose your politics on people at work.

he's a lowlife.

Think parable.

Have a nice day.

he's a lowlife.
This discussion isn't about me...............I am not the one who claimed to be fired for wearing a hat..........

I don't impose my politics at work .........and politics are seldom talked about............but when they are it is usually some of us who don't like liberals.............

Think parable.

Have a nice day.

he's a lowlife.
This discussion isn't about me...............I am not the one who claimed to be fired for wearing a hat..........

I don't impose my politics at work .........and politics are seldom talked about............but when they are it is usually some of us who don't like liberals.............

I was referring to him. not you. I should have said "one has no right".

Think parable.

Have a nice day.

he's a lowlife.

'lowlife' is a protected class in some states.

You can be anti abortion and still support a woman's right to choose.

The problem with that is the human that will have its life ended does not get a say in what happens to it. Thus there is no liberty for that human.
A fetus is a conglomeration of tissue: it is not a human being. An abortion is a medical procedure. And by the way, there are hundreds of thousands spontaneous abortions every year: we call them miscarriages. It is tissue, not a human being.

So, in your view at what point does the magical transformation from non-human to human take place.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Viability

Can you define that? Does every blob of cells hit viability at the same time and magically become human or does the time they magically go from non-human to human change with each blob of cells?

When it can survive outside a woman's body, of course.

Think parable.

Have a nice day.

he's a lowlife.

'lowlife' is a protected class in some states.

Isn't that a "states rights" issue?

Maybe you should get a job as a member of Trump's cabinet. It is highly temporary work, but it would keep you busy for a couple of weeks, and in that amount of time, you could pay yourself millions in perks! You sound highly qualified for one of those positions.

most people can't politic at work. and the laws are intended to keep employers from interfering in political activity or party affiliation separate and apart from work. you know, in your private life.

no one gives a damn about your politics in the work place. and if you were running around spewing, I'd fire you too.

Think parable.

Nonsense. You can’t pose a patently absurd and nonsensical o/p and pretend people lack “conviction”. You said something that looked like a lie from the onset and was based on not only false facts but on a false premise

Think parable.

Nonsense. You can’t pose a patently absurd and nonsensical o/p and pretend people lack “conviction”. You said something that looked like a lie from the onset and was based on not only false facts but on a false premise

You don't think the flip in the survey questions says something important? Look around, it's not just my gag thread - this crap is being argued in six different threads. And it's completely hypocritical horseshit. We have Republicans whining about discrimination and Democrats defending the business owners. Six months ago they were at each other's throats making the exact opposite arguments over the gay cake fiasco.

Forum List

Back