Zone1 I was (Am?) a Southern Baptist. Any others?

Grumpyolman

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2018
San Diego
I've since "backsliden" quite a bit. But there were some lessons I took away from church and Sunday school. I never really agreed with the no dancing thing. Or the "One way to heaven" thing.
I have to say, in my experience, the Baptists were sincere and dedicated to making this a better world. For the most part.
You?

Independent,Fundemental,Missionary Baptist here. Welcome. 🙂I know many Southern Baptist Pastors and lay workers who are sincere and follow scripture and seek to do good for others.I have helped out if asked for their projects in the past. Many congregations have broken from them over the years.

Last edited:
I've since "backsliden" quite a bit. But there were some lessons I took away from church and Sunday school. I never really agreed with the no dancing thing. Or the "One way to heaven" thing.
I have to say, in my experience, the Baptists were sincere and dedicated to making this a better world. For the most part.
You?
Northern Sodbuster religion. I raise/sell alfalfa to our dairies so my fellow Americans have access to dairy products. My name or my fellow farmers names will never grace a marque but the next time U sink your teeth into a grain feed beef steak or down a glass of cold moo juice, a thumbs up will be much appreciated!

I'm not southern Baptist and I don't get the no dancing thing as this isn't Footloose lol, but as for the one way to Heaven thing, yes I believe that going to Heaven is only made possible through Jesus' death on the cross, but I don't think that you have to be a Christian to get there because of His sacrifice.

You?
The dancing thing has long since been forgotten.
Jesus is still King though.

Easter is coming up....you could make the bi-annual attendance thing popular again.

The Southern Baptist church is hugely predominant here in central AL. While Christian, I can't get on board with their take on a number of issues.

The Southern Baptist church is hugely predominant here in central AL. While Christian, I can't get on board with their take on a number of issues.
Aww...been to several in middle AL. (I drove through there this morning) There's PLENTY of others to choose from. Everything from chandelier swingers to catholics

As far as the dancing issue as one Pastor told me it is what is on your mind while dancing or others watching the dance.
My mind was always on 3 things...."this girl can/can't dance even if she is cute", "I like this song" and "how bad of a dork do I look like?"

I really don't know if that's sinning but...it never was to me. There's a very wide pail of orthodoxy allowed inside of Baptist churches. I sit on the rim myself.

You?
The Southern Baptist Convention and its affiliate congregations have been a significant force in American culture and dynamics. Not everybody's cup of tea for sure any more than any other denomination, but I agree, a force for good more much more than a problem for the American people.

Forum List

Back