I ventured outside my humble abode for the first time in SIX days today..........

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2019
Valparaiso, Indiana USA
And I'm SO glad I did! I was starting to get a bad case of cabin fever. It was a beautiful Spring day, temp in the low 60's, a light breeze, just fantastic weather. I saw quite a few people walking or walking their dog. A few people jogging. I got the bonus of a light rain on my way home, and was able to enjoy the sweet smell of rain in the air. How do some of you manage to stay inside for weeks at a time? I couldn't do it, unless I lived in a huge mansion with a lot of outside land to walk among. We have NO backyard, just a little patio in the back.

I only venture into the back 40 completely nekkid when it is time to create some new furrows. I just walk up and back.....up and back.

Straight_Furrows_Sand_Hutton_-_geograph.org_.uk_-_402084.jpg

And I'm SO glad I did! I was starting to get a bad case of cabin fever. It was a beautiful Spring day, temp in the low 60's, a light breeze, just fantastic weather. I saw quite a few people walking or walking their dog. A few people jogging. I got the bonus of a light rain on my way home, and was able to enjoy the sweet smell of rain in the air. How do some of you manage to stay inside for weeks at a time? I couldn't do it, unless I lived in a huge mansion with a lot of outside land to walk among. We have NO backyard, just a little patio in the back.
You don't need a huge mansion. A nice double wide on a 1/2 -1 acre lot near Ocala national forest will do ya juuuuuust fine.Build a pole barn/bbq-smoker and screen it. Insert pool table. DONE. Crystal river will do ya too

You don't need a huge mansion. A nice double wide on a 1/2 -1 acre lot near Ocala national forest will do ya juuuuuust fine.Build a pole barn/bbq-smoker and screen it. Insert pool table. DONE. Crystal river will do ya too
THAT sounds fantastic! Oh wait, I'm NOT a redneck. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

THAT sounds fantastic! Oh wait, I'm NOT a redneck. Not that there's anything wrong with that!
In three months you'd identify as one. It's a whole new dimension of "born again" This time in a really good way.
3 largemouth at sunup; in the cooler. Off for some clams and shrimps for lunch in Ocala. Shoot the 9mm a little bit. Clean the fish and get whasserface to make hush puppies and shred some cole slaw.

In three months you'd identify as one. It's a whole new dimension of "born again" This time in a really good way.
3 largemouth at sunup; in the cooler. Off for some clams and shrimps for lunch in Ocala. Shoot the 9mm a little bit. Clean the fish and get whasserface to make hush puppies and shred some cole slaw.
That DOES sound pretty darn good......

I can go to the grocery store and the Supermarket, to get food :) I can also go to the Pharmacy ....so I have been out a couple of times or more....I wear plastic disposable gloves!:biggrin:

Can also go for a short walk ...you know....a bit of exercise

I walk quite a bit and on Sundays, I like to hop in the car, ride with the wind along the coast highway listening to loud music and breathe the crisp clean sea air, then go grocery shopping. Other days, I clean the house, do laundry and ride my Schwinn Airdyne indoor bike, and talk on the phone once or twice a day. I only watch three news broadcasts. That is all I can stomach without starting to hyperventilate. At night, a movie and TV series, Bosch, The Good Wife, all the while cuddling and playing with my kitty, Scarlet. Lots of Windexing windows repeatedly. I love to Windex glass in my house and outside on my car windows.

One day at a time. Can't wait to get back to my job if the gallery ever opens.

probably looked like this...

I've been playing golf three times a week. No way I can just sit at home and watch TV for a week at a time! Thank god they didn't close down golf courses down here! I'd have gone out of my mind two weeks ago!

I've been playing golf three times a week. No way I can just sit at home and watch TV for a week at a time! Thank god they didn't close down golf courses down here! I'd have gone out of my mind two weeks ago!
Good for you! I don't golf, never HAVE golfed, but there are times when I wish I HAD taken up the sport. Miniature Golf, on the other hand, I HAVE played quite a few times in the past. There was one course that was situated right off the frontage road of a freeway in Phoenix, Arizona. One time I was there "golfing" with a couple of my buddies, I got so pissed off on one of the holes, I golfed my ball right onto the frontage road! We heard a definite "clink" of the ball hitting a vehicle. The vehicle that was struck never did come there to see what had happened. It helped that vehicles were most often going at least 50 mph on the road. I screwed MYSELF by doing this because I had NO golf ball to use and there were several holes left!

I walk quite a bit and on Sundays, I like to hop in the car, ride with the wind along the coast highway listening to loud music and breathe the crisp clean sea air, then go grocery shopping. Other days, I clean the house, do laundry and ride my Schwinn Airdyne indoor bike, and talk on the phone once or twice a day. I only watch three news broadcasts. That is all I can stomach without starting to hyperventilate. At night, a movie and TV series, Bosch, The Good Wife, all the while cuddling and playing with my kitty, Scarlet. Lots of Windexing windows repeatedly. I love to Windex glass in my house and outside on my car windows.

One day at a time. Can't wait to get back to my job if the gallery ever opens.
Your Scarlet sounds like a very lucky kitty! And good for you going out and enjoying life. This is how things SHOULD be.

Forum List

Back