I Told You So

They will just run around claiming 'people are just lazy n stuff', same as they did thousands of years ago about their slaves. IF people worked for free they would still be complaining. They snivle about '$10 hamburgers', but guess what? cheap hamburger meal now is nearly $10, over a time when minimum wage didn't increase for over a decade. These people really have no clue what labor costs are per order, which isn't much. That's how i can tell most of them never ran a business, much less a fast food business; maybe hired a few criminal illegal aliens to do something or other, mow their yards or something.

FF is not going up because of wage, it's going up because of inflation. Do you pay attention to your grocery bill every week? Hell, even sloppy joe's are a delicacy these days.

Pay people a fair wage or a minimum wage you cheap scumbag.

Low paying jobs have been around all of my life. People act like this is a new concept of minimum wage not being a living wage. It never was. It wasn't in the 70's when I got into the work field and it isn't today.

Low paying jobs have been around all of my life. People act like this is a new concept of minimum wage not being a living wage. It never was. It wasn't in the 70's when I got into the work field and it isn't today.
There's a difference between minimum wage and below pay. That's what better than nothing comments mean. I think people could make a paltry existence for $15/hr, but not for half of that. To earn more, one has to move up, but have to start somewhere.

FF is not going up because of wage, it's going up because of inflation. Do you pay attention to your grocery bill every week? Hell, even sloppy joe's are a delicacy these days.

Yes, I do, and I note that cheap easily abused illegal filed hands have never once kept prices lower. Has anybody ever seen an ad for a new house that said they were selling for 50% less because they used illegal aliens at third of the wages their honest competitors paid theirs? Yeah, neither have I. Look at the wholesale prices of meat in the years after Reagan busted the meat packers unions; see anything but a steep climb after wages and bennies were cut by 60%? I don't.

And, we won't see any cheaper FF prices if they automate all the jobs, either; we will see big increases in prices anyway. What we will see is that many more voters for Democrats.

Go back and read some of my threads on the growing robotics industry in the fast food industry.
The cows are coming home to roost and the chickens are being processed and prepared and served by robots.
There are thousands of small manufacturing businesses throughout Asia which are building robots to sell to the 'West'. These robots are the future of every FF franchise on earth.
The future in the US looks like every fucking doper being 'streamed' through high school then goes on to get a free education and a fucking degree in 'Transgender Studies' and then in desperation, b/c the parents are too fucking broke to house and feed the dopers anymore, end up applying for 'McJobs' only to be shown the latest robot which can unpackage the frozen fries, which another robot has packaged into specific portions and put the fries into a fryer which is programmed to leave the fries in the hot stinking canola oil, then remove the portion and put the fries into the cardboard container, which another robot has put the napkin, salt pack and ketchup and vinegar packs, which anthor robot in China has manufactured, then set the fries in the paper bag which another robot made. then the bag is positioned on a rack where the lone human employee hands the bag to the person waiting at the drive by window.
The doper is told not to bother applying again in person but they are welcome to apply online.
The doper goes home to mommy and mommy sneaks the doper a twenty when daddy isn't looking. The doper walks to the corner store and buys a bottle of 'red' and a pack of red licorice which were produced mainly by robots. She then goes to her room and watches a couple of Bob Ross episodes. Just another fucking day in paradise.

There are a lot of different ways to look at this. Yes, automation is a jobs killer, but on the other hand, these younger people today don't want to do manual labor any longer. My father is a retired bricklayer. His union is offering all their retirees $500.00 if they can find anybody not on dope to join the trade. They can't find anybody. Yeah, tough job, but it' pays $50.00 an hour and you are on unemployment all winter for a nice long break. Same with my former career as a tractor-trailer operator. They need tens of thousands of drivers they can't find. They predict it's going to get even worse in the future.

So while blue-collar jobs continue to shrink, so do blue-collar workers.

Yes, I do, and I note that cheap easily abused illegal filed hands have never once kept prices lower. Has anybody ever seen an ad for a new house that said they were selling for 50% less because they used illegal aliens at third of the wages their honest competitors paid theirs? Yeah, neither have I. Look at the wholesale prices of meat in the years after Reagan busted the meat packers unions; see anything but a steep climb after wages and bennies were cut by 60%? I don't.

And, we won't see any cheaper FF prices if they automate all the jobs, either; we will see big increases in prices anyway.

Restaurant businesses are the most volatile. They were the businesses at the front of the line for permanent closure due to the virus. Automation investment depends on the area. I've never seen any automated restaurants here. It's the same way it's always been, but on the other hand, our cost of living is much lower than other cities and states.

In other places where the cost of living is higher thus higher wages needed to get people to do these jobs, it makes financial sense to replace those workers with machines. If Democrats get their $15.00 national minimum wage through, automation will spread across the nation like a wildfire.

There are a lot of different ways to look at this. Yes, automation is a jobs killer, but on the other hand, these younger people today don't want to do manual labor any longer. My father is a retired bricklayer. His union is offering all their retirees $500.00 if they can find anybody not on dope to join the trade. They can't find anybody. Yeah, tough job, but it' pays $50.00 an hour and you are on unemployment all winter for a nice long break. Same with my former career as a tractor-trailer operator. They need tens of thousands of drivers they can't find. They predict it's going to get even worse in the future.

So while blue-collar jobs continue to shrink, so do blue-collar workers.

Well, I don't remember anybody wanting to do manual labor, even in the 'good old days', but yes, they have raised expectation so high with all this 'skilled people' nonsense they're now are having to deal with their self-inflicted problems, caused by nobody but employers themselves. I still don't feel their pain. I always paid well over the 'industry average, and so do a a lot of my friends, and we never have a problem finding people, and good ones too.

so is 2 cents. What is the point? Oh, yeah because raising minimum wage to relfect real inflation makes what all the allegedy 'highly educated and skilled' currently make look like far bigger utter morons for working so cheap and sucking ass for their imaginary 'advanced status' look like craven toadying.
printing money for dem pet projects has pushed inflation back up.

Lord you never seem to see the entire cycle.

printing money for dem pet projects has pushed inflation back up.

Lord you never seem to see the entire cycle.

I read the propaganda from all sides. It's why I know why right wingers can barely beat left wing loons in the few elections they do win; they can't get past their stupid class warfare rubbish any more than left wing loons can.

Last edited:
then learn more valuable skills.
lol sure thing. Another example of fantasy delusions being peddled as facts. Just go be a doctor or a programmer ... then we can listen to them whine when there are 500 programmers and 300 doctors for every actual job or market for. And, no customer base, because the rest o the country is working for 2 cents an hour and no longer need either, can't afford them.

Well, I don't remember anybody wanting to do manual labor, even in the 'good old days', but yes, they have raised expectation so high with all this 'skilled people' nonsense they're now are having to deal with their self-inflicted problems, caused by nobody but employers themselves. I still don't feel their pain. I always paid well over the 'industry average, and so do a a lot of my friends, and we never have a problem finding people, and good ones too.

It's like that now, especially when the federal government is paying people more money to stay at home. There is no explanation behind a 5.4% unemployment rate while at the same time, a huge labor shortage.

My father got me into the bricklayers union when I was a kid. It wasn't my cup of tea. I hated the work. But the only reason I got in was because of my father. You just about had to know somebody to get that job; a waiting list a mile long. I quit and eventually ended up in the transportation industry. When I was a kid, I remember the first Burger King to open up. They had over a thousand kids (including me) applying for these crummy paying part-time jobs.

I see a huge change in attitude of labor from years ago. We didn't mind working hard because most of us never went to college. Today, there is a rental crisis in the country. So many people are not interested in home ownership that the demand for rentals exceeds the supply in many areas. Now I've been a landlord for over 25 years and come from a family of landlords. I've never seen anything like this as I have the last 8 to 10 years. True, there are various reasons for not owning your own home, but at the top of the list is people who don't want to deal with all the problems of home ownership. They'd rather pay to live somewhere and not have to worry about a thing.

lol sure thing. Another example of fantasy delusions being peddled as facts. Just go be a doctor or a programmer ... then we can listen to them whine when there are 500 programmers and 300 doctors for every actual job or market for. And, no customer base, because the rest o the country is working for 2 cents an hour and no longer need either, can't afford them.

You can make a pretty good living just going to trade school. You don't have to be a doctor or lawyer to make a more than livable wage. I kept this article because it was about my industry. Mind you this was before covid, but a clear illustration of being able to work a job and do pretty good for yourself without four years of college and a 120K debt to repay.

I went into Walmart for the first time in a year, and couldn't believe my eyes when I got in line for check out. There were no clerks, and everything was self-checkout. I didn't like the set up, and have decided that there isn't anything that I need in a hurry, so I'll just order my stuff on line from now on. I don't need to go anywhere that doesn't have customer service. Others in line didn't like the set up either, but oh well it is what it is.

I also noticed that there is a growing population of young homeless people living at or near to shut down buildings, and they are carrying signs saying that they are homeless, and in need of food.

I don't like what I'm seeing anymore, but I guess the change is coming or going on whether morally wrong or whether it's happening so fast that between the drugs, messaging, and the doom and gloom outlook for the youth in America, it is causing a huge fall out.

It's no wonder why we see the destruction of our youth these days, and the riot's and violence they are participating in.

Forum List

Back