I thought places like The Capitol Building were "hardened" after the September 11 attacks

Where were the DC police, no where to be found!! Where were the homeland guys or the NG.

Remember the capital is a federal building, something is awful strange!!

the day his supporters rushed to his defense and shut down that damned Congress from stealing his election.

It was a mob of unarmed yahoos that, incredibly, were able to break into the freaking Capitol Building and shut it all down for a while. Amazing.

Just imagine if they had been 50 well-armed men hell-bent on killing a bunch of congressmen. It would have been a bloodbath.
Please do not give anyone ideas. But if anyone tried what you said, it would be a suicide mission. The cops today didn't shoot because they didn't have to, for the most part.

Bad enough what the cops are doing to blacks, and the answer to your question is IF THEY WERE BLACK THEY BE SHOT. Well they were trampers and he probably made a pack with the DC police.

And you DODGED my question. Of the hundreds of riots, not a single black person was shot by police. Yet you claim here that, had they been black, they assuredly would have been shot. Hilarious.

Actually, had they been BLM, the cops would NOT have shot and nobody would be getting prosecuted.

in a concerted act of seditious conspiracy

LOL. There was no "conspiracy". It was just a bunch of yahoos that walked up to the building and helped themselves inside. And that's what makes this story amazing and scary, that a bunch of clowns could actually pull that off.

Whataboutism is saying, essentially, that something is ok because someone else did the same. I have not made any such statement.

The topic of the thread, in case you want to discuss it, is how absurd it is that a bunch of unarmed yokels could break into the Capitol Building and almost take over. Amazing.

Of course there was. You had Trump supporters trying to subvert the constitution by preventing the electoral count of Biden's victory from being finalized in accordance with the Electoral Act of 1887 and the 12th Amendment.

They took the senate floor and declared Trump the victor instead.

With Trump refusing to allow the National Guard to be deployed until well after dark.

Bad enough what the cops are doing to blacks, and the answer to your question is IF THEY WERE BLACK THEY BE SHOT. Well they were trampers and he probably made a pack with the DC police.

And you DODGED my question. Of the hundreds of riots, not a single black person was shot by police. Yet you claim here that, had they been black, they assuredly would have been shot. Hilarious.

Actually, had they been BLM, the cops would NOT have shot and nobody would be getting prosecuted.

Yes they were arrested, and it wasn't just blacks were rioting, mostly white people. And they were mostly peaceful.

I honestly don't think they expected white guys to do this.
OLD white guys.

I noted in another thread. . . and I was laughed at, and Coyote of all people gave me a thumbs down. . . But. .

I seriously do not think they would have if they hadn't been led to it.

I read in Steinbeck's books, his observation of mob mentality, folks, when they are whipped up into a frenzy, will follow the herd, all it takes are some dedicated leaders to mold that behavior.

. . . and I do not think that the leaders were actually Trump supporters. They were either Deep Staters. . . ANTIFA, or some other folks with an alternative agenda. Law Enforcement should look into it, as they have been at BLM protests provoking riots there too.

. . . but I doubt that will happen.

the day his supporters rushed to his defense and shut down that damned Congress from stealing his election.

It was a mob of unarmed yahoos that, incredibly, were able to break into the freaking Capitol Building and shut it all down for a while. Amazing.

Just imagine if they had been 50 well-armed men hell-bent on killing a bunch of congressmen. It would have been a bloodbath.
Please do not give anyone ideas. But if anyone tried what you said, it would be a suicide mission. The cops today didn't shoot because they didn't have to, for the most part.

I didn't realize that your love for the party superseded everything, including truth. Why is that? Is it because, for you, the party is like your God? Is it that you just can't bring yourself to say anything that might cast the party in anything less than a glorious light?

I thought that you might have some objectivity about you but it seems that I was mistaken.

OLD white guys.

I noted in another thread. . . and I was laughed at, and Coyote of all people gave me a thumbs down. . . But. .

I read in Steinbeck's books, his observation of mob mentality, folks, when they are whipped up into a frenzy, will follow the herd, all it takes are some dedicated leaders to mold that behavior.

. . . and I do not think that the leaders were actually Trump supporters. They were either Deep Staters. . . ANTIFA, or some other folks with an alternative agenda. Law Enforcement should look into it, as they have been at BLM protests provoking riots there too.

NO they were TRAMPERS.

mostly white people.

Everyone knows that they were white supremacists trying to make antifa and BLM look bad. antifa and BLM are always loving, gentle, and peaceful.

With Trump refusing to allow the National Guard to be deployed until well after dark.

It had nothing to do with Trump. Trump doesn't manage the streets of D.C. The mayor of D.C. called in the National Guard two days before the protests.

This is about Trump's minions.

No, this is about the monolithic FAILURE by the folks running the security apparatus at the Capitol to secure the building and to protect Congress from a bunch of unarmed yahoos.

I agree that the idiots that invaded the building were in the wrong and should be charged. That doesn't change the fact that security was an abysmal failure. Why are you unwilling to acknowledge this fact?
POST 24:
No, the Capitol Police should have had a backup plan ready in case something like this happened...they should at least have been ready to roll. That took hours and if, as someone said, these guys had known what they were doing, a lot of people could have died.
You're right, I was as embarrassed by the pants down response from LE as I was by the mob.

Stop badgering me.

Of course there was. You had Trump supporters trying to subvert the constitution...

I think a bunch of dimwits walked up to the Capitol to protest, saw that they could get in, and did! They were probably shocked that they were so easily able to do so. No reasonable person would assume that they could overpower security, kidnap Congress and change the course of the election. If that's what you believe they were planning to do then I will put you into the loony-leftist category and call it a day.

Yeah, I'm suspicious, extremely.

The whole thing was orchestrated.

Just like his presidency.

Just like the Russian Hoax.

Just like the Impeachment. . . all of it is for show.

It had nothing to do with Trump. Trump doesn't manage the streets of D.C. The mayor of D.C. called in the National Guard two days before the protests.

Oh, trump most definitely did. As the Mayor can't deploy the national guard. He can REQUEST that the national guard be deployed.

Most National Guard units when operating in a civil environment are controlled by that state's governor, who responds to requests from local mayors. Since D.C. is not a state and does not have a governor, the Office of the Secretary of Defense has, by statute, delegated that responsibility for the D.C. Guard to the Army secretary.

And Trump had to be convinced to send them in. He delayed until dark.

"The National Guard and state forces responded at the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday after pro-Trump rioters overran the building during the Electoral College vote count.

The Washington D.C. National Guard force of about 1,100 was mobilized to help federal law enforcement tamp down the insurrection, according to chief Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman. The Department of Justice will lead the federal law enforcement response, Hoffman said.

Acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller said he coordinated with Vice President Mike Pence and congressional leaders to activate the National Guard and assist officers with taking back the Capitol. He did not mention any contact with President Donald Trump.

Trump had to be convinced to deploy the National Guard, a person familiar with the matter confirms to NBC News. Pence, who was moved to a secure location within the Capitol, was in contact with the Pentagon and “encouraged a much more rapid deployment,” the person added."

With later reports indicating that it was Pence Pence may have been the one to actually call for the deployment. Not Trump.

If Trump refused to deploy while his supporters ransacked, looted and attacked the capitol building in an act of seditious conspiracy........he should be impeached immediately.

Stop badgering me.

You criticized the police, but not the government elites that actually plan for (allegedly) terrorist attacks and plan accordingly.

Had it been a well-coordinated, terrorist attack, it would have been a BLOODBATH.

Because of your love for the government and party, you cannot bring yourself to acknowledge that the government elites in charge of protecting Congress failed miserably.

If the Titanic had been built by government, you would also be unable to acknowledge that it had been improperly built. You love the government/party even more than you love truth. Sad.

Of course there was. You had Trump supporters trying to subvert the constitution...

I think a bunch of dimwits walked up to the Capitol to protest, saw that they could get in, and did! They were probably shocked that they were so easily able to do so. No reasonable person would assume that they could overpower security, kidnap Congress and change the course of the election. If that's what you believe they were planning to do then I will put you into the loony-leftist category and call it a day.

While Trump supporters ransacked, looted and attacked the capitol, seizing the Senate floor and declaring Trump the winner of the election....

Trump refused to deploy the national guard until dark. And by the most recent reports, refused to deploy the national guard at all....with Pence calling the Pentagon to deploy them.

If Trump refused to deploy the national guard while his supporters rioted and looted inside the Capitol building trying to install Trump as President.....then Trump should be impeached immediately.

Oh, trump most definitely did. As the Mayor can't deploy the national guard. He can REQUEST that the national guard be deployed.

Most National Guard units when operating in a civil environment are controlled by that state's governor, who responds to requests from local mayors. Since D.C. is not a state and does not have a governor, the Office of the Secretary of Defense has, by statute, delegated that responsibility for the D.C. Guard to the Army secretary.

And Trump had to be convinced to send them in. He delayed until dark.

"The National Guard and state forces responded at the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday after pro-Trump rioters overran the building during the Electoral College vote count.

The Washington D.C. National Guard force of about 1,100 was mobilized to help federal law enforcement tamp down the insurrection, according to chief Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman. The Department of Justice will lead the federal law enforcement response, Hoffman said.

Acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller said he coordinated with Vice President Mike Pence and congressional leaders to activate the National Guard and assist officers with taking back the Capitol. He did not mention any contact with President Donald Trump.

Trump had to be convinced to deploy the National Guard, a person familiar with the matter confirms to NBC News. Pence, who was moved to a secure location within the Capitol, was in contact with the Pentagon and “encouraged a much more rapid deployment,” the person added."

With later reports indicating that it was Pence Pence may have been the one to actually call for the deployment. Not Trump.

If Trump refused to deploy while his supporters ransacked, looted and attacked the capitol building in an act of seditious conspiracy........he should be impeached immediately.

Thanks for sharing that. I don't know why the president would have to approve some national guard troops being deployed to handle a riot. That's pretty damn dumb.

And by the most recent reports, refused to deploy the national guard at all

The leftist media lies 24/7/365. I'm not taking their word that Trump "refused" to deploy the national guard.

I suspect that your narrative is not exactly accurate.

Where were the DC police, no where to be found!! Where were the homeland guys or the NG.

Remember the capital is a federal building, something is awful strange!!
Not really, Penelope. They don't overlap. The Capitol police are separate from DC police with their own limited jurisdiction like town police are. They're all separate from the FBI, NG, etc, who all have their own commands that have to decide whether to get involved. It's not like around here where if a guy decides to start shooting up his trailer, every LE with a radio will show up, including the game warden and sometimes even a fire fighter or two. But we have arrangements for that because almost none of our small towns have a police force. Apparently down in DC they haven't got a CODE RED that brings everyone. Maybe they should.

OLD white guys.

It had better happen, Mr. Beale. I agree with you 100%

Forum List

Back